Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Hardly a real training camp battle. The 3 spots will go to Koloko Champagnie and Banton

Only real battle is if Brooks/Wilson show enough to get Svi cut
    If Jalen Harris gets to come to camp he's someone else that could get Svi cut if he looks good.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The Nick Nurse coaching pipeline is strong.
      Khoury is actually from the Dwane Casey coaching tree.. as is Nurse. Nate probably set back the Nurse NBA head coaching tree a few cycles. Finch doesn’t count.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Khoury is actually from the Dwane Casey coaching tree.. as is Nurse. Nate probably set back the Nurse NBA head coaching tree a few cycles. Finch doesn’t count.
        I'd say Nurse from the Casey tree but Casey's been gone a long time so can't give him credit for Khoury getting hired away. He's part of Nurse's tree now. Nurse could have jettisoned him when he became head coach but he didn't. Kinda brutal that Casey's best branch is the guy who took his job.

I don't think Nate set anything back. He did a much better job in Indiana than Carlisle did with the same roster.

Anyways I'd rather our assistants not get hired away so fine if Nate scared them off.

Comment

I'd say Nurse from the Casey tree but Casey's been gone a long time so can't give him credit for Khoury getting hired away. He's part of Nurse's tree now. Nurse could have jettisoned him when he became head coach but he didn't. Kinda brutal that Casey's best branch is the guy who took his job.

I don't think Nate set anything back. He did a much better job in Indiana than Carlisle did with the same roster.

Anyways I'd rather our assistants not get hired away so fine if Nate scared them off.
          Khoury didn’t get hired away, he’s coaching the 905. But nah, guys like Khoury, Mutombo and Jama are solidly Casey guys. Jama, especially, gushed about how Casey gave him his first break in coaching in the NBA. A true life changing moment for him. Jama getting hired by the Warriors was all Nurse, in your eyes, I’m sure.

But WTF is up with people giving Nurse credit for absolutely everything and diminishing the obvious good things that Casey did to build the culture? I’m no Casey lover (especially playoff coaching) but the Saint Nick worship is seriously getting over the top.

Comment

Khoury didn’t get hired away, he’s coaching the 905. But nah, guys like Khoury, Mutombo and Jama are solidly Casey guys. Jama, especially, gushed about how Casey gave him his first break in coaching in the NBA. A true life changing moment for him. Jama getting hired by the Warriors was all Nurse, in your eyes, I’m sure.

But WTF is up with people giving Nurse credit for absolutely everything and diminishing the obvious good things that Casey did to build the culture? I’m no Casey lover (especially playoff coaching) but the Saint Nick worship is seriously getting over the top.
            Casey did a great job changing the culture. There you go.

That's the end of my Casey praise. Nurse deserves every bit he's getting.

I give Casey full credit for all coaches hired away from him while he was head coach.

Comment

If Jalen Harris gets to come to camp he's someone else that could get Svi cut if he looks good.
              I think the Jalen Harris ship has sailed a long time ago

Comment

Finch was only assistant for a few months but I’d still count it

Comment

• Adrian Griffin will be the first big hire from Nurse’s staff though

Comment

Finch was only assistant for a few months but I’d still count it
                    Nah, Finch got hired because he had a long-standing relationship with the Wolves GM, Gersson Rosas dating back to the D-League. He wanted him for a while. It had nothing to do with Nurse.
                    Last edited by golden; Tue Jul 19, 2022, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• He gone.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nah, Finch got hired because he had a long-standing relationship with the Wolves GM, Gersson Rosas dating back to the D-League. He wanted him for a while. It had nothing to do with Nurse.
                        Had no clue

Cheers for the info

Comment

i've seen you say this twice now recently and it's not true and is also leaving out some pretty important context i think.

the pacers were very much trying to make the playoffs while bjorkgren was there, and were so transparently trying to lose games last season that they publicly announced they would like to trade all of their good players for picks and prospects in early december, and sat as many players as they could get away with down the stretch.

like they picked up lance stephenson on new years day and then played him 20 mins a night for the next 40 games. that guy is absolutely elite at beating the shit out of women, but has sucked at basketball for years now and was out of the league the prior two years.

ohae brissett was basically the only rotation player from the previous season that was a rotation player in the second half of last year. so it was neither the same roster and also very different circumstances

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            He gone.

apparently, his qualifying offer hasn't been rescinded yet

Comment

Adrian Griffin will be the first big hire from Nurse’s staff though
                              finch jama.... and nate and others.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                He gone.

one can only hope because the details of this incident are horrible. but as i alluded to above, lance stephenson had himself a nice long career after throwing his girfriend down a flight of stairs, following her down the stairs and then bashing her head against the landing, which was eventually dismissed and pretty much forgotten by everybody. this woman has documented all her injuries on social media and hopefully we've come a bit further since 2010 and he's not welcomed back to the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X