Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    Our 9.5-man rotation is going to be so freaking dope:

Scotty/Banton
    Fred/Trent
    OG/Porter
    Pascal/Young
    Precious/Boucher

I put Banton in there because I'm betting he gets the nod over Flynn for the PG on the 2nd squad in practice. Usually it's just going to be Scotty/Pascal playing point even if Banton makes it on the court. But that could also be Champagnie, Koloko, Birch, or any of the other guys thanks to our versatility.

Shit is wild. I know I'm a Raptors optimist, but I don't think I've seen anything quite like this team composition. All 6'9 minus Fred in the SL, all 6'9 minus Gary off the bench (I'll give Porter the benefit of the doubt).
    Nick Nurse: "oh wow finally a balanced roster"

Still plays Siakam and FVV 40 minutes a game lol

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

So basically what we've been talking about offering for KD, but for Mitchell? No thanks.
      True but Mitchell is 25 with his best years yet to come as opposed to KD at 34 and coming off a significant injury. Also assuming we would be getting something other than FRP for OG and Trent.

FVV Mitchell
      Barnes
      Siakam
      Precious.

That's a well balanced team that would have a long window for contention.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

True but Mitchell is 25 with his best years yet to come as opposed to KD at 34 and coming off a significant injury. Also assuming we would be getting something other than FRP for OG and Trent.

FVV Mitchell
        Barnes
        Siakam
        Precious.

That's a well balanced team that would have a long window for contention.
        Mitchell's defense is suspect. It doesn't seem like efficient use of cap to me to have a max player who isn't good defensively. It's also not our brand. Finally, not sure having two 6'1 guards qualifies as "balanced", particularly when only one of them is known to play good defense.

No thanks.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Mitchell's defense is suspect. It doesn't seem like efficient use of cap to me to have a max player who isn't good defensively. It's also not our brand. Finally, not sure having two 6'1 guards qualifies as "balanced", particularly when only one of them is known to play good defense.

No thanks.
          Fair, but I'm thinking of the upgrade to our offense which Mitchell would bring and the drop off on defense isn't that big from Trent to Mitchell is it?

Comment

Fair, but I'm thinking of the upgrade to our offense which Mitchell would bring and the drop off on defense isn't that big from Trent to Mitchell is it?
            Scottie’s Instagram today…

(Apparently he rates Trent higher on D than a lot of people around here…)

Comment

• Love this young team of ours. Trent changed a lot of peoples minds last season but apparently he still isn't very good on defense.

Comment

Love this young team of ours. Trent changed a lot of peoples minds last season but apparently he still isn't very good on defense.
                I'd say he had the best defensive year of his career. Still needs work but his defense was the best it's ever been.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'd say he had the best defensive year of his career. Still needs work but his defense was the best it's ever been.
                  This is completely true. He worked his way to to absolutely fine on defence.

Unfortunately, in a switch everything defence like the Raptors often employ, you are only as good as your weakest link, and he was very much that, especially in the playoffs.

Will definitely be interesting to see if he can make another leap on that end, would change his projected role on the team.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I believe trent is fine on D. His playoffs were marred by sickness.

Comment

• Raps getting some love from Timmy Legs.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Raps getting some love from Timmy Legs.

The thing I like most about the current lineup is you can have 2 main guys going down to injury and still have enough guys from the bench good enough to step up and keep the ship afloat during the season. A luxury the Raptors didn't have most of last season.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This is completely true. He worked his way to to absolutely fine on defence.

Unfortunately, in a switch everything defence like the Raptors often employ, you are only as good as your weakest link, and he was very much that, especially in the playoffs.

Will definitely be interesting to see if he can make another leap on that end, would change his projected role on the team.
                          My question is a trade of OG + Trent Jr for Bam + Herro,- a reasonable trade.

or a 4 way trade

Miami trades Bam + Herro + Strus for Siakam + Flynn

Robinson traded to Lakers and Taylor Horton to Pacers

Miami - Siakam + Flynn + Turner

Toronto- Bam + Herro+ Strus+ McConnell

LA- Duncan Robinson + Hield

Pacers - Russ + Horton- Taylor + Yurtseven +Birch + 2 picks - Miami- 2023 + LA 2027

Raptors last year could not trade Siakam at his low value, this year the Raptors can sell Siakam at his highest trade value!

FVV, Trent Jr.,OG, Barnes, Bam
                          McConnell, Herro, Strus/OPJ, Young/Boucher, Precious- 12 Deep

Banton, Koloko, Wilson or Champagnie-$ 145 Million plus DFA- Svi

Raptors have plug- ins when injuries occur and can extend Freddy, Strus and Gary Trent Jr. for 2023/24 and still be under the Luxury Tax for next year.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

or a 4 way trade

Pacers - Russ + Horton- Taylor + Yurtseven +Birch + 2 picks - Miami- 2023 + LA 2027

Raptors last year could not trade Siakam at his low value, this year the Raptors can sell Siakam at his highest trade value!

Raptors have plug- ins when injuries occur and can extend Freddy, Strus and Gary Trent Jr. for 2023/24 and still be under the Luxury Tax for next year.
                            I like Bam but you get worse offensively ..... between bam and siakam. Bam is below Siakam offensively...defensively he is at the level of a dpoy.... you lower your offensive production by 15% lets say.... Then herro... doesn't fit this team because he is basically a worse defender than gtj ... who isn't a good defender.

Miami would consider this but no lets not trade siakam just for the sake of it.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

or a 4 way trade

Trading Siakam for Bam would be a disaster.

No interest in Herro, so I don't think I like the first trade much either, though Bam would be an interesting fit here as a C. But Miami would almost certainly ask for a lot more in return.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I like Bam but you get worse offensively ..... between bam and siakam. Bam is below Siakam offensively...defensively he is at the level of a dpoy.... you lower your offensive production by 15% lets say.... Then herro... doesn't fit this team because he is basically a worse defender than gtj ... who isn't a good defender.

Miami would consider this but no lets not trade siakam just for the sake of it.
                                Herro makes up for Bam's offensive shortcomings.
                                He is definitely an upgrade over Flynn.

Pascal + Flynn = Bam + Herro in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X