Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Bulls have 3 PG - Ball, Caruso & Coby White
    The Bulls are touching the Luxury Tax, Ball & White are the youngest two PG on the team.

Bulls require front court assistance. Raptors could offer Birch + Wilson or Flynn or Banton for either White or Caruso.
    The trade of Caruso by the Bulls reduces Team Salary by $500,000 + ( especially they waive Wilson).
    Either way, White or Caruso would fit the Raptors the position of backup PG.
    Similar trade for McConnell from the Pacers should be considered.

Just to address the Siakam + 2023 2nd ( protected) for Bam +Strus+ Jovic trade, the Raptors/ Heat could bring a 3rd team with the Pacers trading Myles Turner to the Heat for Robinson + Yurtseven + 1st 2023 and Raptors trading Birch + Flynn +,Svi + Brooks for McConnell.
    A quality backup PG for FVV financial cost is approximately $8 Million.

The Heat lineup of: Lowry, Herro, Butler, Siakam and Turner is plenty strong. With key backups of Vincent + Oladipo + Martin + Dedman provides
    the Heat with a 9 player rotation.

Raptors rotation:
    FVV, Trent Jr., OG, Barnes, Bam
    Caruso or McConnell or White, Strus,OPJ, Young,/Boucher, Precious
    Jovic, Koloko, Banton, Champagnie.

Pacers rotation:
    Haliburton, Hield, Robinson,Birch, Yurtseven
    and Flynn, Duarte and Mathurin and pray for Rain

A much deeper team at a cost of $143-145 Million.
    Last year Siakam would be traded at low value, this year at much more value. By having this low Salary Team Cap and the length of fix term. The Raptors could extend Freddy 4/$110 Million commencing at $25 Million and Trent Jr., to 4/$100 Million commencing @$23 Million plus Strus 3/$25 starting @ $7 Million and with the projected Luxury Tax at $159 Million, the Raptors can be a non paying Luxury Tax team. Remember Boucher salary drops next year.

By trading for Caruso or White to become backup PG , the height of the team except for Freddy would be 6’5 “ and above! Averaging at 6’9” for the other 13 players.
    When one of the Starting 5 is injured or in foul trouble, the Raptors no longer have a hold your breath moment.

Even the development squad players of #12-15 will be more challenged and not a total embarrassment.

The parentage of Flynn can be missed as much as Ball’s father is missed- compare those two parents to the Love Canal in the state of New York!
    we aren't trading siakam so let's stop right there... and why arer we trading siakam and not trading freddy first given the durability of freddy benig a concern.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I don't trade OG for Bogdanovic, even if we're including a bad contract like Khem's. Ainge seems to be into draft picks. I think he wants to tank. So that's why I was thinking of trading a FRP for a SRP like we did with Thad.

We'd likely want to load manage both Thad (due to age) and Porter (due to injury) through out the season too. I don't think it would be too hard to find minutes for him. He would take minutes away from guys like Champagnie or even Koloko though. As Nurse always wants to win every game.

I just have this feeling that Vanderbilt would be pretty easy to get right now. I just don't see Utah caring if he was there or not.
      yeah hart pass. if we get any of the bogdanovic's it will be gtj.... i'd target clarkson or pat bev

Comment

• if bev is bought out can we give him the bi annual exception during the year?

Comment

• If Pat Bev gets bought out he can chose where he wants to go. Likely to a perceived contender like Philly or LA Lakers

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            If Pat Bev gets bought out he can chose where he wants to go. Likely to a perceived contender like Philly or LA Lakers
            Perceived contender like the Lakers

Comment

• Raps still have to figure out how to pay Trent and OG so a trade of one of them is still a possibility.

MY question is does it make sense to trade both for an upgrade at SG and resolve the issue of how to pay both or is it better to bring both back for one more season and have that extra depth?

Comment

Raps still have to figure out how to pay Trent and OG so a trade of one of them is still a possibility.

MY question is does it make sense to trade both for an upgrade at SG and resolve the issue of how to pay both or is it better to bring both back for one more season and have that extra depth?
                Somewhat depends if one of them is happy to come off the bench. Trent is the more dynamic one to take that role and keep the starting D at a premium. But if OG wants more touches, there's one way he's guaranteed them.

Could be nothing but I doubt Masai/Nurse liked the leak that OG wasn't happy with his role/touches/opportunity. They prefer to deal with that stuff in-house, unlike Flynn's Dad see where it got him....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Somewhat depends if one of them is happy to come off the bench. Trent is the more dynamic one to take that role and keep the starting D at a premium. But if OG wants more touches, there's one way he's guaranteed them.

Could be nothing but I doubt Masai/Nurse liked the leak that OG wasn't happy with his role/touches/opportunity. They prefer to deal with that stuff in-house, unlike Flynn's Dad see where it got him....
                  Yeah but then they still have the issue of not having enough cap to pay both guys what they will be expecting (mid 20's I'd guess).

Comment

Yeah but then they still have the issue of not having enough cap to pay both guys what they will be expecting (mid 20's I'd guess).
                    It will work itself out.

First the Raps will need to see how far the current lineup will achieve this season. Than half way in the season decide if Trent will be worth the contract he may want or best to trade him at the deadline.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

It will work itself out.

First the Raps will need to see how far the current lineup will achieve this season. Than half way in the season decide if Trent will be worth the contract he may want or best to trade him at the deadline.
                      Maybe holding onto OG over Trent is obvious, but I still think Trent might be the better fit long run. He has the potential on offense which a lot of our roster lacks and you know Scottie and Pascal have the forward spots locked.

Comment

Maybe holding onto OG over Trent is obvious, but I still think Trent might be the better fit long run. He has the potential on offense which a lot of our roster lacks and you know Scottie and Pascal have the forward spots locked.
                        why is trent a much better fit if they are going for positionless... defensively OG is a much better fit size wise he is a better fit

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          why is trent a much better fit if they are going for positionless... defensively OG is a much better fit size wise he is a better fit
                          A fully positionless defense isn't really possible is it? While OG is an exceptional defender that you can put on a Booker or Beal at certain points of a game, can he chase those guys around all game? His natural position is SF/PF where his size and strength are an asset over speed where he is lacking.

That's what OG will be tasked with doing on this roster with Barnes and Siakam guarding the bigger guys.

And on offense we saw how easily Trent fit in last season and how OG struggled to find his niche.
                          Last edited by LJ2; Sat Jul 23, 2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

A fully positionless defense isn't really possible is it? While OG is an exceptional defender that you can put on a Booker or Beal at certain points of a game, can he chase those guys around all game? His natural position is SF/PF where his size and strength are an asset over speed where he is lacking.

That's what OG will be tasked with doing on this roster with Barnes and Siakam guarding the bigger guys.

And on offense we saw how easily Trent fit in last season and how OG struggled to find his niche.
                            are you sure it isn't possible? Why is it not possible.... Imagine for example you had ben simmons in the place of gtj.... for get the offence for a second... everyone can legit cover everyone else 1-5.

Trent fit because he can hit the 3 not because his offensive style fits nurses read and react offence. He slows down the offence and barely passes but he is a decent player on iso so he can make it work.... that doesn't mean it is what is best for the success of the team..

Look at the playoffs, precious guarded harden and embiid on the same posessions at times... siakam too, og, Barnes (although barnes is young and needs work).... yeah no its possible

Comment

I've actually always thought OG is best suited to be guarding smaller players all game, and capable of switching onto bigs, rather than the other way around. Some of OG's best defensive games have been when Nick (or Casey) have just unleashed him on an opposing star scorer and let him shut them down for 36 minutes. It makes me a little sad he is so rarely used that way in favour of the positionless defensive approach.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Raps still have to figure out how to pay Trent and OG so a trade of one of them is still a possibility.

With the cap climbing again, so long as Trent and Fred aren't getting maxed out, they may be able to keep everybody for a few more years up until Scottie gets his raise. Quite a ways off from that pinch point though (which may get solved by the new TV deal).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X