Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Have to say, this seems like a Nets leak, Windhorst is saying the Boston offer is pretty old, not recent, and I doubt Boston would be happy to have this offer out there (Brown certainly won't be happy).
    he wasn't happy

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

he wasn't happy

Ouch.

I'm glad the opposite happened with our trade rumor where Nets wanted Scottie and all reports were we said no way. Keeping our future star happy, instead of disgruntled like Brown is now.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

The league does have parity with the current setup. Milwaukee just won the championship. So did a non tax paying Toronto team. The current system is great and allows everyone to have an equal shot.
        And a stacked team in golden state won multiple titles being way over.......including last year. No way they afford that roster with a hard cap.

Comment

• I wouldn't trade brown and smart for Durant.......they are the heart of the celtics.......

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

The contracts the players are getting are stupid. $60M a year for anyone is insane and at the same time telling of how much revenue owners are making off these teams. I've heard zero complaints from any ownership about the money they are paying the players. In fact the complaints, if any, are probably that they can't pay them more and field more competitive teams.
            That's true, they should also limit the max contracts more and spread the salaries around more.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

That's true, they should also limit the max contracts more and spread the salaries around more.
              In terms of parity, I think copying the NHL model won't hurt the already existing popularity of the NBA

Comment

Ouch.

I'm glad the opposite happened with our trade rumor where Nets wanted Scottie and all reports were we said no way. Keeping our future star happy, instead of disgruntled like Brown is now.
                OG has been linked to trades with a couple teams now (Portland and Brooklyn). He's not one of our stars but still a pretty important piece so you gotta wonder how this coupled with not being happy with his role on offense impacts the locker room next season.

Comment

OG has been linked to trades with a couple teams now (Portland and Brooklyn). He's not one of our stars but still a pretty important piece so you gotta wonder how this coupled with not being happy with his role on offense impacts the locker room next season.
                  Nurse has addressed the role part and as long as OG is still with the team,
                  I don't see any reason why this would still be a locker room issue.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

And a stacked team in golden state won multiple titles being way over.......including last year. No way they afford that roster with a hard cap.
                    Any of 6 to 8 teams could have won it all last season and nobody would have been surprised; so you have to give the Warriors props both for earning it and being lucky. I wouldn't call them stacked anymore by any definition... there's only one top 10 player on that roster.

We are in the parity era.... it all comes down to health and gelling at the right time. The only complaint you might have are the KD stacked GSW teams (who got beat once by the good guys). Even then, the ability to stack that KD Warriors team was because of a series of 3 lucky events: (1) Curry got hurt early in his career, which made him sign a long-term contract that seriously undervalued his worth and hit to the cap & (2) a once-in-a-decade cap spike that happened exactly when KD became available. (3) KD actually making the unthinkable weakest free-agent move in the history of sports.

Comment

I want OG to be happy but he's not nearly as important to this team as Brown is to the Celtics.

Also, a key difference in the trade rumors is it was other teams hunting OG, not us shopping him. This rumor here is Celtics offered Brown for KD. We didn't offer OG to Portland, they just wanted him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Any of 6 to 8 teams could have won it all last season and nobody would have been surprised; so you have to give the Warriors props both for earning it and being lucky. I wouldn't call them stacked anymore by any definition... there's only one top 10 player on that roster.

We are in the parity era.... it all comes down to health and gelling at the right time. The only complaint you might have are the KD stacked GSW teams (who got beat once by the good guys). Even then, the ability to stack that KD Warriors team was because of a series of 3 lucky events: (1) Curry got hurt early in his career, which made him sign a long-term contract that seriously undervalued his worth and hit to the cap & (2) a once-in-a-decade cap spike that happened exactly when KD became available. (3) KD actually making the unthinkable weakest free-agent move in the history of sports.
                        to just add on to your point its not just health of your frnot line its also depth and your ability to develop the back end of the roster down to ...say 8 guys.

Comment

I want OG to be happy but he's not nearly as important to this team as Brown is to the Celtics.

Also, a key difference in the trade rumors is it was other teams hunting OG, not us shopping him. This rumor here is Celtics offered Brown for KD. We didn't offer OG to Portland, they just wanted him.
                          Aren't all the KD to Raptors rumors about the Raps trying to get KD?

At the end of the day whether it's Brown or OG, these guys just gotta be pros and accept they could be traded.

Comment

I was skeptical that we are in a parity era,
                            then I saw this-

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/cash/

Holycrap we are ranked 10th?

Comment

We are in the parity era.... it all comes down to health and gelling at the right time. The only complaint you might have are the KD stacked GSW teams (who got beat once by the good guys).

Comment

Aren't all the KD to Raptors rumors about the Raps trying to get KD?

At the end of the day whether it's Brown or OG, these guys just gotta be pros and accept they could be traded.
                                I don't think there's been a report of an offer we made and Nets turned down.

The rumors I've read are all what the Nets want, not what we have offered. They want Barnes and we said no.

Comment

Working...
                                X