Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Can't attract NBA stars to Toronto? Sign a movie star to help.
    Garbo 2.0 perhaps?! In any case Jose Calderon might still have his apartment where he rented it to Gasol.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Jeff Weitzman was probably sneaking around the set of the movie scouting him.
      Jeff to Masai: "Look man, I was on a movie set and I saw him locking up Anthony Edwards, now he has a bit of a temper issue but he is 6'ft9 with 7ft wingsp.."

Masai: "Say no more! we will sign this man!"

Comment

One thing I would be concerned a bit about with Mitchell is his ego and desire to be number 1. The reports are that he wants a bigger market to increase his status/star power. If he can over i think it would have to be a 1a,1b, 1c. With fred and Pascal. Mitchell would probably jump up the pecking order in crunch time cause he can create for himself. But over a course of a full game I wouldn't want him to think it his team and he's taking 30 shots if he feels like it.
        Mitchell is the #7 top playoff scorer all time. I repeat... ALL-TIME. He doesn't shrink in the playoffs... he takes it up another level. You need a big ego for that. In contrast to guys we know who do shrink when it matters. It is in those make or break moments of game, when neither defense is stopping the other team... that's when you need that egomaniac scoring machine to keep pace and get buckets.

And besides, despite having all these elite defenders, Nurse hasn't put together an elite defense since Gasol left. In fact, our defense was significantly worse in the playoffs than the regular season, and Philly exceeded their regular season ORTG by a good margin. If we can't beat them with defense, then maybe we should try more offense.

Comment

• By the way I am calling him Bo Cruz, until I figure out how to pronounce his full name properly with out botching it like Chuck with Valanciunas.

Comment

• The David Johnson, Jalen Harris and Yuta era seems to have ended.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Mitchell is the #7 top playoff scorer all time. I repeat... ALL-TIME. He doesn't shrink in the playoffs... he takes it up another level. You need a big ego for that. In contrast to guys we know who do shrink when it matters. It is in those make or break moments of game, when neither defense is stopping the other team... that's when you need that egomaniac scoring machine to keep pace and get buckets.

And besides, despite having all these elite defenders, Nurse hasn't put together an elite defense since Gasol left. In fact, our defense was significantly worse in the playoffs than the regular season, and Philly exceeded their regular season ORTG by a good margin. If we can't beat them with defense, then maybe we should try more offense.

Maybe he is top 7 all time cause he takes all the shots and doesn't trust his team mates? Yea I agree he has been a good playoff scorer, but you know what else he has been in the playoffs? A loser
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                The David Johnson, Jalen Harris and Yuta era seems to have ended.

has harris been granted status to come back yet even?

Comment

Maybe he is top 7 all time cause he takes all the shots and doesn't trust his team mates? Yea I agree he has been a good playoff scorer, but you know what else he has been in the playoffs? A loser
                  i will defend mitchell a tiny bit here... on offence he has been playing 4v5 for his entire career. Them getting conley was a mistake because they got conley when he was low key high key washed... and none of their guards could... guard except rubio who they traded for conley who was older and washed.

Comment

Dallas is the perfect place for Fred. He is dynamite playing off true superstars as a floor spacer. And they just lost FVV 2.0 (Jalen Brunson).
                    dallas is... but they don't have assets that would make it worth while.

Comment

Mitchell led his team to the second round twice, once as a rookie. His best supporting cast member is Gobert, who gets easily exploited in the playoffs. He leads his team to consistent 50+ win seasons in the tougher western conference. In short, Mitchell-led teams have far exceeded the talent level... very much like the Kyle/DeMar teams. Are Kyle & DeMar losers?

Mitchell's resume screams "winner" as the franchise face, in contrast to Fred or Pascal this year, who almost got swept in their first go around as team leaders. If Mitchell is a loser, then Fred & Pascal are bigger losers (which I don't think they are). Gotta look in the mirror.

Comment

By the way I am calling him Bo Cruz, until I figure out how to pronounce his full name properly with out botching it like Chuck with Valanciunas.
                        It's like nacho but replace the beginning with Juan. Then last name pointing out a girl named gomez to your buddy. "It's Her, man. Gomez".

Comment

Mitchell led his team to the second round twice, once as a rookie. His best supporting cast member is Gobert, who gets easily exploited in the playoffs. He leads his team to consistent 50+ win seasons in the tougher western conference. In short, Mitchell-led teams have far exceeded the talent level... very much like the Kyle/DeMar teams. Are Kyle & DeMar losers?

Mitchell's resume screams "winner" as the franchise face, in contrast to Fred or Pascal this year, who almost got swept in their first go around as team leaders. If Mitchell is a loser, then Fred & Pascal are bigger losers (which I don't think they are). Gotta look in the mirror.
                          I'm not discounting his scoring skill. Just a bit skeptical Mitchell as the lead guy is a true contender. The parallels with demar and Kyle are their, both under whelmed their seeding in the playoffs. Kyle won when he took a back seat to a true number 1. And yes demar has continued to lose when it counts. Pascal and fred won a championship playing their role to a T.

all I'm getting at is i would be uncomtarble with Mitchell thinking this is my team the rest fall in line, rather then him finding a way to be a 3 headed snake.

i don't know of the smoke out of jazz is true or not. But if it is it seems Mitchell wants the former out of his next team.

Comment

The David Johnson, Jalen Harris and Yuta era seems to have ended.
                            Yuta hurt himself playing for Team Japan. He wasn't going to make it to camp, making it unlikely he made the team

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                              has harris been granted status to come back yet even?
                              Nope but that ship has sailed.

He can probably get a contract on the 905 which will help him somewhat get exposure to other team and work on his skills at this point.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

Yuta hurt himself playing for Team Japan. He wasn't going to make it to camp, making it unlikely he made the team
                                This is why no matter how patriotic and honorable you feel playing for your country, you better secure the bag before you play.

Top 3 free agent destinations For Yuta should be: Knicks, Pacers and Thunder where at the moment he can get some solid backup minutes at the 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X