Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Yet another forward, but not the typical defensively versatile type that is associated with the Raps. Or maybe he is and I just never noticed.

So, no back up PG and another forward. Barnes to PG and lots of minutes open up at the F spots.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I'm not discounting his scoring skill. Just a bit skeptical Mitchell as the lead guy is a true contender. The parallels with demar and Kyle are their, both under whelmed their seeding in the playoffs. Kyle won when he took a back seat to a true number 1. And yes demar has continued to lose when it counts. Pascal and fred won a championship playing their role to a T.

all I'm getting at is i would be uncomtarble with Mitchell thinking this is my team the rest fall in line, rather then him finding a way to be a 3 headed snake.

i don't know of the smoke out of jazz is true or not. But if it is it seems Mitchell wants the former out of his next team.
      Sure, but to categorize Mitchell as a lead-guy "loser", then you also have to put Kyle, DeMar, Pascal, Fred and a boatload of other good/great players on that list. No reason to single out Mitchell as a "loser", when in fact he has a stellar track record of winning.

A Mitchell-led team has never missed the playoffs... unlike the Raptors who were deep in the lottery in the Tampa tank season. For more perspective... our winning Raptors players haven't won a real playoff series since Kawhi left (beating the G-League Nets doesn't count). Kyle/DeMar were swept multiple times before that. If you're being objective, Mitchell's teams have typically maxed out their rosters. Their downfall has been the Gobert-centric drop defense getting exploited in the playoffs with Snyder having no counter.
      Last edited by golden; Tue Jul 26, 2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yet another forward, but not the typical defensively versatile type that is associated with the Raps. Or maybe he is and I just never noticed.

So, no back up PG and another forward. Barnes to PG and lots of minutes open up at the F spots.
        I am guessing when Juancho was traded to Utah at the end of last season, he put some real solid numbers which impressed the Raptors.

Comment

He's versatile on offense and plays with effort. Maybe he fits in. If they really believe that he makes this team, it looks like a move has to be coming to fill in some of these holes

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Sure, but to categorize Mitchell as a lead-guy "loser", then you also have to put Kyle, DeMar, Pascal, Fred and a boatload of other good/great players on that list. No reason to single out Mitchell as a "loser", when in fact he has a stellar track record of winning.

A Mitchell-led team has never missed the playoffs... unlike the Raptors who were deep in the lottery in the Tampa tank season. For more perspective... our winning Raptors players haven't won a real playoff series since Kawhi left (beating the G-League Nets doesn't count). If you're being objective, Mitchell's teams have typically maxed out their rosters. Their downfall has been the Gobert-centric drop defense getting exploited in the playoffs with Snyder having no counter.
            Wasn't categorizing him as a loser. Maybe bad choice of words. Meant more of him leading the team as a high volume scorer hasn't lead to playoff success despite being a top seed in the regular season. Of that list you posted he is similar to AI, unreal scorer. But don't think a team living or dying with Mitchell scoring is a very going to be a winner in the biggest stages.

I do not like gorbert think he is very overrated and has alot of the blame for those teams.
            But something to be said that Mitchell is only 25 and his team rise to a good team with him as the number 1 couldn't make any deep runs and now is tearing it down.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              The David Johnson, Jalen Harris and Yuta era seems to have ended.

So Brooks, Wilson, Champagnie, and Hernangomez all battling it out for the final roster spot.

That seems like a good problem to have.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

He's versatile on offense and plays with effort. Maybe he fits in. If they really believe that he makes this team, it looks like a move has to be coming to fill in some of these holes
                Well if nothing else the Raps are signing vets which supports what Masai said about being done with rebuilding and wanting to win now. I feel good about us being over the 50 win mark this season.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

So Brooks, Wilson, Champagnie, and Hernangomez all battling it out for the final roster spot.

That seems like a good problem to have.
                  Well it would also be better if they are able to shed Svi's contract (I think it's a must at this point) and also figure out if Flynn is finally going to be the consistent backup they were looking for when they drafted him or maybe it's time to cut ties as well.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Wasn't categorizing him as a loser. Maybe bad choice of words. Meant more of him leading the team as a high volume scorer hasn't lead to playoff success despite being a top seed in the regular season. Of that list you posted he is similar to AI, unreal scorer. But don't think a team living or dying with Mitchell scoring is a very going to be a winner in the biggest stages.

I do not like gorbert think he is very overrated and has alot of the blame for those teams.
                    But something to be said that Mitchell is only 25 and his team rise to a good team with him as the number 1 couldn't make any deep runs and now is tearing it down.
                    Mitchell never had a All NBA calibre co-scorer like Pascal to share the load, so I wouldn't be concerned about him needing to dominate the ball. It's those critical high-leverage moments when Pascal, Fred or whoever else becomes scared to shoot, is when you need a guy like Mitchell to step up offensively. Just like Kawhi did vs. the Sixers.

Assuming Trent or OG is outgoing, a big concern of bringing in Mitchell would be if Fred was still on the team. We'd be back to the ultra-mini sized backcourt duo. Fred would need to go back to being 6th man, or we'd need to trade him for a piece that fit better.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I would sacrifice fred and gary over fred and og.. losing fred would mean a jump down in defence anyways.. why trade two of your better defenders ?
                      How did my Fred OR OG turn into your Fred AND OG?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

How did my Fred OR OG turn into your Fred AND OG?
                        ah my bad.... yeah no definitely not OG.

Comment

He can give OG some acting tips.
                          Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Jul 26, 2022, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

If its Fred and Trent for Mitchell, no thanks.

People value picks way too highly.
                            Fred and Trent plus picks should be for someone like SGA
                            Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Jul 26, 2022, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Mehh..wake me up with some relevancy..signing is waste of time.
                              Raptors need 2 make a Kawli thing happen..again..for me 2 say..oh we're back.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Was checking Mitchell's pre draft scouting report and most scouts predicted him to be a lockdown defender due to his physical tools, quickness and competitiveness.
                                Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Jul 26, 2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X