No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not worried about a small backcourt. Fred can defend up a spot no problem, we switch him onto PFs half the time and he kills himself all year doing it. We would need to find a better way to hide Mitchell but that's true no matter who is beside him at guard.

But we do need as many defensive pieces as possible, which makes it hard to see us winning on Mitchell even with a giant pile of picks, which I'm not 100% sure we'd give up. Still, he's a tremendous offensive talent, I could definitely see it being worthwhile to make the defence work around him. Not sure I buy that he's not a downgrade from Trent, but he is a similar sort of player (avoids being completely disastrous in defensive impact stats due to the activity on the perimeter, deflections, etc, while not actually being nearly as good as they suggest because he's terrible in help and can get blown by), so they at least have experience with how to limit the downside of that sort of guy. And maybe in a different system where defence is more than "hey, Rudy, stop that guy please" he'd show a little more.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
      Was checking Mitchell's pre draft scouting report and most scouts predicted him to be a lockdown defender due to his physical tools, quickness and competitiveness.
      He was a good defender in college. Height isn't there but he has the length.

I am skeptical but I want to see him on different team and not a team that was heavily reliant on one guy carrying the defense.

Comment

• I didn't know he had a 6'10 wingspan.

I didn't think there was anything to the rumours. After hearing the wingspan numbers, I'm sure Masai and Bobby kicked some tires.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

He was a good defender in college. Height isn't there but he has the length.

I am skeptical but I want to see him on different team and not a team that was heavily reliant on one guy carrying the defense.
          lol the knicks will not be the right team for him but he will likely end up there

Comment

• Playing defense for Nick Nurse isn't the worst thing in the world.

Comment

• Chip Engelland is moving from the Spurs to the Thunder. He's their long time assistant coach that helped train guys how to shoot.. including guys like Kawhi and Tony Parker. That's a pretty big get for the Thunder, and a huge loss for the Spurs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Chip Engelland is moving from the Spurs to the Thunder. He's their long time assistant coach that helped train guys how to shoot.. including guys like Kawhi and Tony Parker. That's a pretty big get for the Thunder, and a huge loss for the Spurs.
                Spurs are tanking hard this year.

Expect Jakob to be traded somewhere before the trade deadline if they can see that they might be one of the 3-5 worst record teams in the league.

Comment

• But, but....he's not clutch! lol.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    But, but....he's not clutch! lol.

Not clutch in the playoffs.

Demar has always been a boss in the regular season.

Comment

Hes probably on the list for most missed too

Comment

• https://fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-m...n-kemba-walker

there you go most missed clutch shots
                        Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Fri Jul 29, 2022, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

I mean, he's not going to make everything. I'd like to see the all time list. Bet you MJ and Kobe are 1 and 2.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

derozan is definitely clutch yet struggles to consistently produce throughout a game on both ends of the ball.

Comment

I mean, he's not going to make everything. I'd like to see the all time list. Bet you MJ and Kobe are 1 and 2.
                              Or you could have just watched him while he was here. He always missed clutch shots. Strong bounce out off back rim.

or the time a guy left him open and he buried a buzzer beater and said he should have stayed on dd he will make that shot but then they showed he’d actually missed the last 11 buzzer beaters. Its memorable because the celebration was like we won the chip. Why? Because he always choked

hes improved no doubt. But he was anti clutch here. Just fortunate he had the green light to shoot those.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

LAUGH OUT LOUD…

should you remind the fan about the player’s …

Comment

Working...
                                X