No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone needs to tell the Warriors you need a traditional big man to win championships. They're doing it all wrong.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Someone needs to tell the Warriors you need a traditional big man to win championships. They're doing it all wrong.
      on it

Comment

Someone needs to tell the Warriors you need a traditional big man to win championships. They're doing it all wrong.
        While I agree with you in part, I don’t know if you can choose the team with possibly the greatest shooter in league history to say you don’t need a big man. Fred got a good shout out on Twitter today, but no Raptor is Steph. In fact, Steph might be the only star Scottie hasn’t been compared too

Comment

• Bulk Barnes looking really solid.

Comment

And what is Looney to you?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Based on Demo's criteria, Looney doesn't come close. Basketball Reference has him at 6'9, 222 lbs. Precious is 6'8 and 225 lbs.

If Looney counts as a big man then Precious does as well (I do count both of them as Centers).

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

While I agree with you in part, I don’t know if you can choose the team with possibly the greatest shooter in league history to say you don’t need a big man. Fred got a good shout out on Twitter today, but no Raptor is Steph. In fact, Steph might be the only star Scottie hasn’t been compared too
                Well you got my point that you don't need a big man, you need a star player.

??????

Comment

Precious is just as big as Looney.

Comment

• Rico is streaming the game live?!

Edit: Doesn't appear live but just live streaming the video now.

GTJ, Thad & OG.

OG seems to have lost some weight (I guess for quickness) .

Koloko is making quicker and better decisions with the ball offensively but defensively Trez is taking him to school.

Last edited by Hotshot; Sun Aug 7, 2022, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Rico is streaming the game live?!

Edit: Doesn't appear live but just live streaming the video now.

GTJ, Thad & OG.

OG seems to have lost some weight (I guess for quickness) .

Koloko is making quicker and better decisions with the ball offensively but defensively Trez is taking him to school.

This was pretty nice to watch! Mostly Raptors players with Harden Harrell and a couple others.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

This was pretty nice to watch! Mostly Raptors players with Harden Harrell and a couple others.
                        Really like that sequence where Barnes was on Harden like glue and clapping from excitement after blocking him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Based on Demo's criteria, Looney doesn't come close. Basketball Reference has him at 6'9, 222 lbs. Precious is 6'8 and 225 lbs.

If Looney counts as a big man then Precious does as well (I do count both of them as Centers).
                          That's not the point.
                          It'a how how a player plays.

A 'big' can be 6'9" ( which btw used to 6'11" when they measured the players back then)
                          but if he plays traditionally, then he is a traditional center.

Comment

Precious is just as big as Looney.
                            Yeah, but they play different.
                            Precious is a modern big coz he shoots the 3 and slashes.

Comment

• The Raptors are at their best when the pace is fast and in open court….when it’s half court basketball, most of the time they get caught flat footed, like playing in mud.

Siakam and and another year of Barnes facilitating will change the pace of the game.

Comment

That's not the point.
                                It'a how how a player plays.

A 'big' can be 6'9" ( which btw used to 6'11" when they measured the players back then)
                                but if he plays traditionally, then he is a traditional center.
                                Tell that to Demo. He has been going on about height and weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X