Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    The Raptors are at their best when the pace is fast and in open court….when it’s half court basketball, most of the time they get caught flat footed, like playing in mud.

Siakam and and another year of Barnes facilitating will change the pace of the game.
    do you think that is at least part of a feature of a read and react offence?

Comment

• Isolation basketball, grinding out half court plays and handing out a hot potato with 4 seconds remaining in the shot clock is just a poor brand of basketball.

Hopefully the Rico runs would allow the young guns, Siakam and especially the soon to be sophomore Barnes at the helm to think fast with conviction in setting up plays. Even old Thad there is trying his best lol….

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

do you think that is at least part of a feature of a read and react offence?
        Crossing my fingers, we have high BBIQ players with young athletic legs…increased pace, quick to read and react should be our calling card.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          Isolation basketball, grinding out half court plays and handing out a hot potato with 4 seconds remaining in the shot clock is just a poor brand of basketball.

Hopefully the Rico runs would allow the young guns, Siakam and especially the soon to be sophomore Barnes at the helm to think fast with conviction in setting up plays. Even old Thad there is trying his best lol….
          agreed Earl Watson was cussing at them in one of the runs posted yesterday. he suggested that they have to not just score but also get teammates involved and pass. I do think that read and react doesn't have to be hot potatoe iso/hero ball. We will see what this season holds.

Comment

• i watched the hines run. chemistry wise barnes siakam thad is my core. they play well together off each other i trust all of them. OG trent… i want to say nice things, i really do but OG is just there on both ends of the floor. trent is … i said trade for simons but it’s me talking so.

we need a center shooting guard on this team still after a full offseason.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
              i watched the hines run. chemistry wise barnes siakam thad is my core. they play well together off each other i trust all of them. OG trent… i want to say nice things, i really do but OG is just there on both ends of the floor. trent is … i said trade for simons but it’s me talking so.

we need a center shooting guard on this team still after a full offseason.
              simons or simmons? those are two different player so I wanna make sure I know who you are talking about.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

simons or simmons? those are two different player so I wanna make sure I know who you are talking about.
                anfernee simons and i was just trade about that trade give me bj boston

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Yet the last four MVP's have been 5's .. Jokic x 2 and The Alphabet x 2.
                  Giannas goes 245... Jokic 285.
                  Giannis isn't a center. Or is he? Does that then make Brook Lopez their small forward or shooting guard?

EDIT: Again, this is just in reference to Toronto and the Raptors style of play. Whether they are committed to it and whether it works or not are still questions up for debate. You can't look at one playoff series against a title contender where Fred played on one leg, Trent was at 60% and Barnes missed key games (and played on one leg) as determinative.
                  Last edited by slaw; Mon Aug 8, 2022, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

anfernee simons and i was just trade about that trade give me bj boston
                    too small... no thanks... I like the thoughts but I like my defence and I like the positionless longboi line ups more.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Giannis isn't a center. Or is he? Does that then make Brook Lopez their small forward or shooting guard?

EDIT: Again, this is just in reference to Toronto and the Raptors style of play. Whether they are committed to it and whether it works or not are still questions up for debate. You can't look at one playoff series against a title contender where Fred played on one leg, Trent was at 60% and Barnes missed key games (and played on one leg) as determinative.
                      In their first chip win that bucks team won by playing giannis at center as an adjustment. Overall Brook Lopez is their center but yeah... I mean Giannis can play multiple positions when needed.

Comment

• A little bit of a home court advantage again for next season. From what I recall Beal, Brown and of course Irving are some of the stars in the league that not vaccinated. That may have changed though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

A little bit of a home court advantage again for next season. From what I recall Beal, Brown and of course Irving are some of the stars in the league that not vaccinated. That may have changed though.
                          Pandemic is over and its about time we get back to our normal lives, but I guess big pharma backed governments are not done sucking out our $$$

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Pandemic is over and its about time we get back to our normal lives, but I guess big pharma backed governments are not done sucking out our $$$
                            This is false. My neighbor (in Tdot) had it in July. In Japan (on the other side of the Earth), they're currently spiking again. A friend of mine who was living in Iowa through most of this caught it 3 times! She last caught it in June. Yes she's been vaccinated, but parts of the states they do not care. The symptoms seem a lot less dangerous, but its still out there. Old people and people with immunity issues are still at risk. Big Pharma don't need a pandemic to rip us off. They got blue pills, and pain pills that you can get addicted to, to make money off us.

To be clear, of course Big Pharma and Governments have messed up relationships, but that's not what this is about.

Technically, anyone can enter Canada right now, but if you're unvaccinated and end up getting tested, IF you're found positive, you'll be sequestered in a hotel for 2 weeks. If you are negative, the government will basically track your movements. As a non-vaccinated person told me last week, "If I travel anywhere and come back, it will be like I'm in prison."
                            Last edited by blackjitsu; Mon Aug 8, 2022, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• Put some respek on those non-NBA Pro-Am guys....

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Bulk Barnes looking really solid.

We have a nickname?

Comment

Working...
                                X