Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

This is false. My neighbor (in Tdot) had it in July. In Japan (on the other side of the Earth), they're currently spiking again. A friend of mine who was living in Iowa through most of this caught it 3 times! She last caught it in June. Yes she's been vaccinated, but parts of the states they do not care. The symptoms seem a lot less dangerous, but its still out there. Old people and people with immunity issues are still at risk. Big Pharma don't need a pandemic to rip us off. They got blue pills, and pain pills that you can get addicted to, to make money off us.

To be clear, of course Big Pharma and Governments have messed up relationships, but that's not what this is about.

Technically, anyone can enter Canada right now, but if you're unvaccinated and end up getting tested, IF you're found positive, you'll be sequestered in a hotel for 2 weeks. If you are negative, the government will basically track your movements. As a non-vaccinated person told me last week, "If I travel anywhere and come back, it will be like I'm in prison."
    Where we're at now is the vaccines don't work on the current strain, and the current strain is the most contagious virus humans have ever encountered, so everyone is getting it. My entire family has had it twice now and really it's a scratchy throat and some boogers in your nose. I work from home so didn't need to take time off work, kicked it in a few days. The important metric is daily deaths, which are the lowest its ever been during the entire pandemic, despite cases being very high, so it's just not that dangerous of a sickness anymore. Everyone is just gonna have to learn to live with it if they haven't yet. It's essentially become another strain of virus in the common cold, which was already over 200 different viruses that all cause similar symptoms, including over 30 different coronaviruses.

Comment

• Trade idea to toss out there.

The idea is you save some of your picks you still come up with 4 picks total but you use vanvleet going to a 3rd team to get said picks you bring back a few guard prospects who might be able to grow with the team. The idea is you consolidate assets and it is somewhat of a lateral move but you do get the offensive upgrade. Also by giving away two of your guys usage-wise in the current starting line up you can give that usage to OG.
      Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue Aug 9, 2022, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• I don't think the Raps would be interested in trading two core pieces for Mitchell. One, plus many picks, maybe.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I don't think the Raps would be interested in trading two core pieces for Mitchell. One, plus many picks, maybe.
          I agree. but I think the point was to show you can find other methods to yield the picks if that is the sticking point.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Where we're at now is the vaccines don't work on the current strain, and the current strain is the most contagious virus humans have ever encountered, so everyone is getting it. My entire family has had it twice now and really it's a scratchy throat and some boogers in your nose. I work from home so didn't need to take time off work, kicked it in a few days. The important metric is daily deaths, which are the lowest its ever been during the entire pandemic, despite cases being very high, so it's just not that dangerous of a sickness anymore. Everyone is just gonna have to learn to live with it if they haven't yet. It's essentially become another strain of virus in the common cold, which was already over 200 different viruses that all cause similar symptoms, including over 30 different coronaviruses.
            I'm not strongly disagreeing with your reasoning. What you've described is similar to the evolution of most similar viruses, according to virologists. It's the narrative that bugs me. Stating this thing is over, is as frustrating to me as the ineptness of every level of government was during this fiasco. For me personally, this isn't over until there's a clear pre-planned strategy in place for the next big pandemic. Otherwise, we're doomed to this nonsense in perpetuity.

Comment

• Question, do you guys still wear mask? I haven't worn mask in months. Like Primer said, we're just gonna have to learn to live with it. I workout everyday 6-7 in the morning, no mask. I take the train to work everyday, no mask. We're just gonna have to learn to live with it.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

I'm not strongly disagreeing with your reasoning. What you've described is similar to the evolution of most similar viruses, according to virologists. It's the narrative that bugs me. Stating this thing is over, is as frustrating to me as the ineptness of every level of government was during this fiasco. For me personally, this isn't over until there's a clear pre-planned strategy in place for the next big pandemic. Otherwise, we're doomed to this nonsense in perpetuity.
                He and everyone just explained to you how the virus has weakened.
                It's effect is now almost that of the seasonal flu which also has serious effects on the elderly and those with immunity issues. But we don't give seasonal this over reaction.
                If you're still not aware of how much wealth big pharma has accumulated over this pandemic, you should do more research

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Question, do you guys still wear mask? I haven't worn mask in months. Like Primer said, we're just gonna have to learn to live with it. I workout everyday 6-7 in the morning, no mask. I take the train to work everyday, no mask. We're just gonna have to learn to live with it.
                  I wear a mask.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

He and everyone just explained to you how the virus has weakened.
                    It's effect is now almost that of the seasonal flu which also has serious effects on the elderly and those with immunity issues. But we don't give seasonal this over reaction.
                    If you're still not aware of how much wealth big pharma has accumulated over this pandemic, you should do more research
                    Its effect is now almost like the seasonal flu partly because a huge proportion of the population is vaccinated now, especially those in high risk groups.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Question, do you guys still wear mask? I haven't worn mask in months. Like Primer said, we're just gonna have to learn to live with it. I workout everyday 6-7 in the morning, no mask. I take the train to work everyday, no mask. We're just gonna have to learn to live with it.
                      The only place I ever see a mask today is 1 in a hundred in the grocery stores and whatever is mandated LTC homes.
                      Zero in restaurants but several people serving me in a Lowes yesterday.
                      In a business meeting yesterday, 1 in 9 people was wearing a mask and he has a newborn at home.

Comment

It depends on where. If I am going to costco and it is crowded yes

Comment

I wear one for work - but I usually visit multiple manufacturing plants every day, and talk extensively with people throughout each facility, so if I was asymptomatic, I could easily spread to a broad group of people. Outside of work, I'll wear one if I know I'll be interacting with someone in an indoor setting (like at the cash register). However, if I'm not going to be interacting with someone (self check-out) indoors, I won't always wear a mask. While the effect of the current variant on the vaccinated population seem mild, it doesn't really inconvenience me to put on a mask, and I don't know the anxiety level / situation of the person I'm interacting with, so might be prudent.

Comment

• Let's get the conversation back on track please.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote:

Which is why mandates should be lifted
                              is it bad that aside from anything else I want a competitive advantage?

Comment

• I'm looking forward to seeing what the Raps look like to start the season with some decent roster continuity with the top of the rotation. As it stands now there has been no shake up. Fred, Gary, OG, Pascal, Scottie, Precious, Boucher, Thad, Khem, and one of Dalano or Malachi make up to 10 players that could be in the rotation to start the year. Add in Otto, Juancho, and Koloko as some guys to build some chemistry and I see a quick start to the season for us.

Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X