No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoJo will be the last. That's ok. Not sure about the clover tho.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'm not sure if we ever do a full 5-man bench unit. Nurse will likely always want one of Pascal, Fred, OG or Scottie on the court at all times. With Casey he used those hockey lineups so we got to see a true bench mob under him. I don't think we saw that from Nurse, unless everyone was hurt.

The most intriguing line up for me will be one with Koloko in it.

Koloko, Boucher, Pascal, OG, Banton would make one really, really long line up.

Long.
      But you wouldn't trust that lineup to outscore the opponents.

What are we going to do with Birch then.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

CoJo will be the last. That's ok. Not sure about the clover tho.
        Yeah, the clover is a bit of a stretch.
        Why didn't they do it for Kobe?

Comment

• LeBron wears #6 right?

Anyway, if there's a number that deserves to be retired league wide it should be #23.

Are they really going to wait till MJ's dead before they retire that number? I have no problem retiring #6 but they should've done that a long time ago when you know Russell's still alive.
          Last edited by The Great One; Thu Aug 11, 2022, 03:42 PM.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• my sense is that it's about 30% his career and 70% his work post career. anyone currently wearing 6 is grandfathered.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Long.
              But you wouldn't trust that lineup to outscore the opponents.

What are we going to do with Birch then.
              I think Nurse plays Khem quite a bit. And I think Koloko spends most of his time in the G-league. Last season Khem played quite a bit, but Precious was also very raw and Boucher wasn't very good. That changed in the second half, but then Khem also got hurt and didn't play much.

I would hope that Koloko gets more time with the big club, and Khem is used as an emergency sub.. like if there is an injury or something. I just like Koloko's potential. His skillset is something we could definitely use on this team. Would help our guys not having to collapse so hard during penetration which leaves guys open in the perimeter.

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of retiring his number like that. I think putting his name on the FMVP is enough. It sets a weird precedence. Do they do the same when Kareem goes? How about Magic or Bird? Why not for Kobe? Where is the line drawn?

As for the clover.. Bill hated Boston. He loved his team, but hated the city. So that's a bit weird too.

Comment

• This is one of my problem with jersey retirement. If you're going to retire a player's number, retire it IMMEDIATELY.....like, after they retired. Don't wait till they're dead. Everyone know Roy Halladay's number was going to be retired. Greatest player in franchise history. The Blue Jays for some reason waited years to retire his number. And as you know, Roy wasn't there to see it.

Everyone know that the Raptors are going to retire Vince Carter's number. What are they waiting for? there's this narrative that Lowry's number should be retired first. Why? Raptors fans need to stop treating Lowry like he's Michael Jordan.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Thu Aug 11, 2022, 03:58 PM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I guess he might get some playing time if guys get hurt or sick but you can say that about almost any deep bench guy in the entire league. That's very different from actually playing and contributing on a regular basis.
                    I didn't say anything about it being the same or different. If Flynn can get on the floor with Christian, he will finally be playing with someone who understands their job in the pick and roll. How many minutes does Flynn have to play to produce some positive results with a willing PnR partner? If he produces results, Nurse will notice. Nurse already has a habit of subbing set duo's in for two guys he wants to give rest to. If Flynn and Christian start producing points (and playing good D) Flynn's chances likely increase. Nurse wants to win games. When he sees a player's efforts moving the team towards the win column, that player gets minutes. See Chris Boucher/Precious for reference.

Comment

• They should have retired Bill's number league wide before he passed away. I actually love that they are retiring it league wide, he absolutely deserves the honour.

I'm with you guys on the clover, I cringed when I read that. I think a black circle with the 6 is sufficient for the other teams.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Michael Jordan's number... I doubt they retire Magic's or Bird's, they will find some way of honouring them though... Kareem is a tough one though... he's done so much on the court and off of it... if they did, I would be cool with it.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I didn't say anything about it being the same or different. If Flynn can get on the floor with Christian, he will finally be playing with someone who understands their job in the pick and roll. How many minutes does Flynn have to play to produce some positive results with a willing PnR partner? If he produces results, Nurse will notice. Nurse already has a habit of subbing set duo's in for two guys he wants to give rest to. If Flynn and Christian start producing points (and playing good D) Flynn's chances likely increase. Nurse wants to win games. When he sees a player's efforts moving the team towards the win column, that player gets minutes. See Chris Boucher/Precious for reference.
                        I don't want to give up on Flynn yet either.
                        I always see him as a poor man's Tony Parker.

His usage will depend on the opponent, and hopefully he and CK becomes dependable so Nick can use them more.
                        It's always nice to have many variations that you can go to as a coach.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                          They should have retired Bill's number league wide before he passed away. I actually love that they are retiring it league wide, he absolutely deserves the honour.

I'm with you guys on the clover, I cringed when I read that. I think a black circle with the 6 is sufficient for the other teams.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Michael Jordan's number... I doubt they retire Magic's or Bird's, they will find some way of honouring them though... Kareem is a tough one though... he's done so much on the court and off of it... if they did, I would be cool with it.
                          So the Raptors floor will have the Boston logo in it.
                          Weird.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I suppose. Just not sure in what circumstance the Raps are going to be running much Flynn/Koloko pick and roll. Where would that rank on the top 100 Raptors sets/plays/actions? 974th?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I don't want to give up on Flynn yet either.
                              I always see him as a poor man's Tony Parker.

His usage will depend on the opponent, and hopefully he and CK becomes dependable so Nick can use them more.
                              It's always nice to have many variations that you can go to as a coach.
                              ..... tony parker... you mean the guy who ... literally was a finals MVP multi-time all nba and multi-time all-star. You have VERY high praise for a guy who has barely even shown a flash

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I'm not a big fan of retiring his number like that. I think putting his name on the FMVP is enough. It sets a weird precedence. Do they do the same when Kareem goes? How about Magic or Bird? Why not for Kobe? Where is the line drawn?

As for the clover.. Bill hated Boston. He loved his team, but hated the city. So that's a bit weird too.
                                i think its about the impact he had beyond the game

Comment

Working...
                                X