X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Thank goodness.
    Lebron has hung on far to long....

The new faces of the NBA are about to get their chance... .The guys you mentioned... Morant... Young...and others like Luka... Tatum and Brown....The Ball brothers....
    .... the ball brothers... go look up how often Lonzo has played since he was drafted.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Ah, Demo.... you're falling into the classic debating trap called "what about'ism", which implies that you can't do anything for anybody unless you're doing everything for everybody. But what about ______ ?

Well... I think the old adage should apply here: "charity begins at home". Fix problems in your own house, affecting your own people in your own backyard. Could the NBA be taking a stronger stand on China? Absolutely. So could you and I.

And like I said... Xi's biggest enablers aren't the NBA. The NBA is actually siphoning power (i.e. cash) away from him. Xi's biggest enablers are you and I... via Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, etc... I don't see any large scale protests against those companies. Those stores are packed to the gills these days, since things opened up.

You are calling out the NBA over China, but have you stopped buying products from China? Do you even check the label anymore?

I'm throwing that "What about'ism right back at you." Criticizing the NBA on China, but then buying products from Xi? Isn't that also a form of sucking and blowing?
      It would appear you have no rebuttal other than to meld together some incongruous streams of thought around whataboutism and that somehow the NBA gets a mulligan and should be immune from criticism on a very apparent double standard.

Chinas economy is estimated to be at or near 20 trillion dollars... The NBA swallowed their pride for 500M in merch revenues.
      Its less than 1/1000 of a percent. They wouldn't notice. What they did notice was being called out for some pretty Stalin and Moa like gulags and re-education camps. For that 500M... Adam Silver and the NBA looked away.

Time to get back to ball.....
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Aug 15, 2022, 08:44 PM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

What's credible to you?

CNN?
        Fox?

The US government?
        Pelosi stating that China is one of the freeist societies in the world?
        Biden blaming Putin for America's problems right now?

There's always two sides to every story.
        Always.
        If you read the Canadian press regularly you might soon come to the conclusion that the country is populated by raving genocidal maniacs.
        Yet it is not.

- TGO

Comment

• Yep. Back to Raptors off-season:

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

.... the ball brothers... go look up how often Lonzo has played since he was drafted.
            Not often... but the kid has it....

The younger ball, LaMello is a star in waiting in a smaller market.... This one is LA bound as soon as he can.
            - TGO

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

Just leave it man, he's stoned on propaganda, r/Sino has extensive citations and backs up their work clearly. Westerners are programmed to ignore it, will always reject it out of hand no matter what. The official enemies of their masters will always be despotic, cruel, mad man, barely human, just as the propaganda says, same as it ever was.

Stick with basketball please. Or take it to that other forum here where dumb people can debate politics.

edit: here are some other good political sources for serious people:

- https://thetricontinental.org/
              - https://peoplesdispatch.org/
              - https://www.qiaocollective.com/
              - https://progressive.international/
              -
              https://www.newsclick.in/
              - https://blackagendareport.com/
              - https://www.blackpowermedia.org/

Again, take it or leave it, don't @ me

Thanks.
              You forgot Western Whiteness ...
              If you wish to engage in a debate in a public forum be prepared to debate your point of view without whinning about it via a third party.
              As the Kagemusher says.. there are two sides to any story.
              I just don't find the CCP's side of the story to be particularly compelling or containing much in the way of veracity.
              Quite the listing of activist blog sites you have listed there ...
              Carry on.

- TGO

Comment

If you wish to engage in a debate in a public forum be prepared to debate your point of view without whinning about it via a third party.
                I don't wish to engage in a "debate" with you here, I have better places for discussion and know far smarter people. Basketball please.

Edit: and that list of sites was not for you, but for serious people with genuine interests, not propaganda clowns.
                Last edited by Quirk; Tue Aug 16, 2022, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Yep. Back to Raptors off-season:

man that was some nastiness

Comment

• I'm kinda strangely exited about Porter, he was so overrated in Washington he is now underrated, liked him then and now, felt it was Law and Beal who where the actually overrated players in Washington.

Already worried about retaining him, I think he's going to be really good for the Raptors.

Gets to the rim on defence, can score too.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

I don't wish to engage in a "debate" with you here, I have better places for discussion and know far smarter people. Basketball please.

Edit: and that list of sites was not for you, but for serious people with genuine interests, not propaganda clowns.
                      I accept your apology.

As for spending more time and with "far smarter people" than on this sports site perhaps you can take your talents to Tick Tock and share there as well. . .
                      Micheal Spavor and Micheal Korvig say hi.

NBA Draft. Net scouting says Xi can only go left...

- TGO

Comment

• More Raptors off-season content....

Rico Hines runs have basically become Raptors intra-squad practices. lmao.

Comment

I accept your apology.
                          Basketball please. I took a survey, nobody cares what you think. not anybody.

Comment

More Raptors off-season content....

It seems like OG is the only one missing in these videos.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

More Raptors off-season content....

Not sure if this is the same video that has been circulating over the last couple of weeks or new footage.
                              1. Gary is always playing with the second unit which is in line with what most around here have been saying about him coming off the bench.
                              2. Scottie is grabbing a lot of boards.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

It seems like OG is the only one missing in these videos.
                                He's there. (maybe not in this exact clip but he is at Rico)

New look though, braids and a red long sleeve shirt. He also looks a little smoother, so it took me awhile to figure out it was him.

Comment

Working...
                                X