Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Not sure if this is the same video that has been circulating over the last couple of weeks or new footage.
    1. Gary is always playing with the second unit which is in line with what most around here have been saying about him coming off the bench.
    2. Scottie is grabbing a lot of boards.
    Cristian Ibaka err Koloko looks good.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
      I wonder if Jalen Harris' rights have value?
      Very difficult to capitalize on them. Can't trade a player's RFA rights, and can't sign and trade a guy who didn't play the prior season (it is possible the NBA will give an exception here because he missed the year for the reason he did, but I would be surprised). Even if we could I doubt there's much value out there for him.

I suspect the value is in signing him and him becoming a good player. Also seemingly a low probability outcome.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Very difficult to capitalize on them. Can't trade a player's RFA rights, and can't sign and trade a guy who didn't play the prior season (it is possible the NBA will give an exception here because he missed the year for the reason he did, but I would be surprised). Even if we could I doubt there's much value out there for him.

I suspect the value is in signing him and him becoming a good player. Also seemingly a low probability outcome.
        was he even good in the CEBL

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

what are you basing that on?

i do not see him in the following videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbMvR4Ln94Q
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46hop52ypGY
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXvTrNqtDqY
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uArNvLFZV0A

i did see him in the following videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omsmeyXG6M0
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n6sF0vt3Eg
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVxI2Yf8Mww
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtnrvUPp1jw

but based on the clothes players are wearing and video titles, it looks like footage from some days have been released over two separate videos.

it looks to me like OG was present for 2 of the 5 days for which footage has been released, and that there is footage missing from one day.
          I could be wrong but yeah I just thought he was there for all

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Cristian Ibaka err Koloko looks good.
            weren't you cussing me out earlier because I said his game resembles early ibaka? or was that someone else.

Comment

• Looks like the Raptors first game will be at home against the Cavs on October 19th. Mobley vs Scottie.

Good test to start the new season.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                I'm kinda strangely exited about Porter, he was so overrated in Washington he is now underrated, liked him then and now, felt it was Law and Beal who where the actually overrated players in Washington.

Already worried about retaining him, I think he's going to be really good for the Raptors.

Gets to the rim on defence, can score too.
                man he is going to be really good I wish we had him for two years.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post

Yup, I think the only notable exceptions so far, at least from our top 10 guys, have been Precious, Otto, and Khem. Others off the top of my head that I haven't seen are Juancho, Svi, Champagnie (although he was on the sidelines one day, still injured most likely), and David Johnson (lol).
                  Even though they're just open runs, really good to see Koloko has been there every single day, good reps against grown men, and some NBA level talents.
                  Bo cruz has been there a few times for sure. Otto I think I saw once Khem is rehabbing

Comment

Not sure what you mean by that but Scottie crashing the boards might be a sign they try him out as the C with the starters, or those duties in our positionless scheme. Really won't know until the season starts.
                    positionless means anyone can grab and go.... they tried him as center this year. But if you listen to what nurse has said it points towards scottie having more ball handling responsibilities.. but yeah in a positionless system we have seen that they allow any player to take the ball up and push it and make plays in fast break.

Comment

• Banton and Flynn look like they are little more than present at these runs, unfortunately.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

weren't you cussing me out earlier because I said his game resembles early ibaka? or was that someone else.
                        Haha nope, not me

Comment

Banton and Flynn look like they are little more than present at these runs, unfortunately.
                          Banton looks OK at best Flynn looks like he is just chucking and hasn't really done much more
                          Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Wed Aug 17, 2022, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• I don't think I remember a time when what seems like the entire Raps roster were spending so much of their offseason together, bonding and working on chemistry. Lowry would always be doing his weight loss thing, DeMar would be at Drew League and other than Pascal, Norm and Fred at hte Rico Hines runs, the rest of the team you didn't really hear about.

They are positioning themselves to have a good start to the season having built chemistry with each other.

Comment

...They are positioning themselves to have a good start to the season having built chemistry with each other.
                              Almost like they had a taste of what was possible in the last half of last season. Then they thought about the injuries, and how those stopped them from being their best versions of themselves. And then thought about what kind of impact on their depth a properly oriented Thad and a veteran like Otto Porter would have on their depth. And then thought about a better, bigger version of Scotty along with incremental improvement in Gary, Pascal, Delano etc. and how that would help reduce playing time for the veterans keeping them rested for critical games and back to backs and improve the younger guy's efficiency.

Team On A Mission

Comment

I don't think I remember a time when what seems like the entire Raps roster were spending so much of their offseason together, bonding and working on chemistry. Lowry would always be doing his weight loss thing, DeMar would be at Drew League and other than Pascal, Norm and Fred at hte Rico Hines runs, the rest of the team you didn't really hear about.

They are positioning themselves to have a good start to the season having built chemistry with each other.
                                bench mob... the og when they did the old school ucla runs...I say old school but this was basically 3-4 years ago.

they are hungry

Comment

Working...
                                X