Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Almost like they had a taste of what was possible in the last half of last season. Then they thought about the injuries, and how those stopped them from being their best versions of themselves. And then thought about what kind of impact on their depth a properly oriented Thad and a veteran like Otto Porter would have on their depth. And then thought about a better, bigger version of Scotty along with incremental improvement in Gary, Pascal, Delano etc. and how that would help reduce playing time for the veterans keeping them rested for critical games and back to backs and improve the younger guy's efficiency.

Team On A Mission

If I am not mistaken Thad and Otto were team mates before

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Bonus.

Comment

For 2 seasons yes but Otto only played 39 games these 2 years.

Constantly injured.

Comment

Banton looks OK at best Flynn looks like he is just chucking and hasn't really done much more
          Looks to me like Banton hasn't add anything to his game nor improved physically.

Comment

• Full schedule is now available:
            https://www.nba.com/schedule/raptors...false&region=1

Tough start to the season. Didn't really go through it in detail.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Looks to me like Banton hasn't add anything to his game nor improved physically.
              Yeah it doesn't look like he did. Thankfully the Rico Hines runs don't paint the full picture of what the off season development results look like. Still hope he shows us something in the regular season.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Full schedule is now available:
                https://www.nba.com/schedule/raptors...false&region=1

Tough start to the season. Didn't really go through it in detail.
                New quirk of 2 games in a row in the same city (not always back to back). Raps seem to get screwed being the road team for 5 of those and only home for 2. Does this mean it’s time for an Everything 2022-23 Season thread?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

New quirk of 2 games in a row in the same city (not always back to back). Raps seem to get screwed being the road team for 5 of those and only home for 2. Does this mean it’s time for an Everything 2022-23 Season thread?
                  I think that's a good thing? Those are road games with no travel between them. Home games with no travel exist no matter the opponent. Cutting down on travel is GREAT.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Raps/Warriors a rivalry now? i'll take it I guess. Always fun to watch Siakam school Draymond.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Interesting looking back at the some of the non raptors series this year

Shows that you really can be effective without the need to have a "traditional" center that many were clamouring for. At the same time it shows the difficulty of scoring at times against longer teams if you don't have longer players yourself that can execute and recognize on their match up advantages.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Raps/Warriors a rivalry now? i'll take it I guess. Always fun to watch Siakam school Draymond.

I feel like if we face the sixers again in the playoffs it could be a rivalry especially if it goes down the wire again

Comment

Raps/Warriors a rivalry now? i'll take it I guess. Always fun to watch Siakam school Draymond.
                          Once we trade for KD it will all make sense.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Warriors still mad we snatched Otto

Comment

• Post All-star break is much easier than the first half of the season. The beginning of the season will be a grind, but I think the continuity of this team will help in that aspect.

Comment

Lakers-Celtics a rivalry
                                Over a decade ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X