Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Raps/Warriors a rivalry now? i'll take it I guess. Always fun to watch Siakam school Draymond.
    I think we beat them for something important once....

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Warriors still mad we snatched Otto
      Pat McCaw says hello.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Pat McCaw says hello.
        How dare me forget the legendary 3-peat Pat
        Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Aug 17, 2022, 04:21 PM.

Comment

• Raptors don't really have a rival. I guess the closest would be Boston, but I think that's mostly because Toronto fans hate Boston.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Raptors don't really have a rival. I guess the closest would be Boston, but I think that's mostly because Toronto fans hate Boston.
            Raptors closest rival is Philly because of their playoff history.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Raptors don't really have a rival. I guess the closest would be Boston, but I think that's mostly because Toronto fans hate Boston.
              I still don’t fully understand the excessive Celtics hate around here. Is it because Paul Pierce acted like a douche over a decade ago?

Comment

I still don’t fully understand the excessive Celtics hate around here. Is it because Paul Pierce acted like a douche over a decade ago?
                Because it's the cool thing to do so people just follow. When Pierce was trolling the Raptors, he wasn't wearing green and white uniforms, he was wearing black and white uniforms.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

It wasn't Pierce.. that was when he was a Net anyway. Sort of started with KG jawing at Calderon in that meaningless game. But I think it's a bit of an inferiority complex.. since the media is centered around Boston and that's all they talk about. Even when Toronto had a better team. Came to ahead during our 2nd round match up in the bubble. And got deflated when we lost.

I'd probably say Brooklyn, Philly and Milwaukee are our real rivals. We played each team twice in the playoffs. Raptors are still pretty young and don't have a lot of playoff experience through the years. Only really during Masai's time.

Comment

It wasn't Pierce.. that was when he was a Net anyway. Sort of started with KG jawing at Calderon in that meaningless game. But I think it's a bit of an inferiority complex.. since the media is centered around Boston and that's all they talk about. Even when Toronto had a better team. Came to ahead during our 2nd round match up in the bubble. And got deflated when we lost.

I'd probably say Brooklyn, Philly and Milwaukee are our real rivals. We played each team twice in the playoffs. Raptors are still pretty young and don't have a lot of playoff experience through the years. Only really during Masai's time.
                    I think it started from minor incidents and an inferiority complex in the 2000s and now it kind of became its own thing where younger fans don't know the reaspn but they don't like the Celtics.

Whether you call it a rival or not, the closest thing current is Philly stemming from 2001 to 2019, Embiid's antics and beating them to last Playoffs and Embiid's antics and then losing.
                    Last edited by A.I; Wed Aug 17, 2022, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Can't speak for anyone else but I have hated Boston sports for 30+ years - even when they mostly all sucked year after year - cause they have the worst fans in North American sports across all 4 leagues.

Comment

Everyone not from Boston hates all Boston teams in every sport. Not specifically a Toronto thing. I live in Tampa and everyone here hates Boston teams too. They have legit the worst fans of any city. A bunch of morons who never graduated high school who have made Boston sports their entire identity.

Comment

I'd argue philly or bucks ifi we face philly again it would be for sure.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I'd argue philly or bucks ifi we face philly again it would be for sure.
                            Philly is a rivalry.

They will not forget game 7 for a very long time. That was a very good 76'ers team, better then any team they had up there in recent memory and they blew their chance.

Embiid is the most hated player for Raptor fans now a days. His antics were much worse this time around than the last time. The days of Lebron dominating the Raptors is long gone and Embiid is playing really physical and flops a whole lot.

Boston this season could also become a rivalry as well as the Bucks.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Philly is a rivalry.

They will not forget game 7 for a very long time. That was a very good 76'ers team, better then any team they had up there in recent memory and they blew their chance.

Embiid is the most hated player for Raptor fans now a days. His antics were much worse this time around than the last time. The days of Lebron dominating the Raptors is long gone and Embiid is playing really physical and flops a whole lot.

Boston this season could also become a rivalry as well as the Bucks.

we have had two games sevens as well

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

we have had two games sevens as well
                                Yeah but thar VC era was short lived & the Raps & Sixers weren't in a championship position again for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X