Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Philly is a rivalry.

They will not forget game 7 for a very long time. That was a very good 76'ers team, better then any team they had up there in recent memory and they blew their chance.

Embiid is the most hated player for Raptor fans now a days. His antics were much worse this time around than the last time. The days of Lebron dominating the Raptors is long gone and Embiid is playing really physical and flops a whole lot.

Boston this season could also become a rivalry as well as the Bucks.

Definitely.
    If you the Sixers players and fans, they will say how they hate us too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Raptors don't really have a rival. I guess the closest would be Boston, but I think that's mostly because Toronto fans hate Boston.
      Don't most NBA cities' fanbases hate Boston?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Definitely.
        If you the Sixers players and fans, they will say how they hate us too.
        Philly-Toronto is definitely a rivalry and it has several huge moments: Carter’s miss; Leonard’s make; Siakam breaking Embiid’s face.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Philly-Toronto is definitely a rivalry and it has several huge moments: Carter’s miss; Leonard’s make; Siakam breaking Embiid’s face.
          It's amazing how Philly fans still mad at Siakam even though Embiid acknowledged it wasn't intentional but no word from Philly fans when Embiid stepped on Barnes ankle with full force & almost took him out of the series when Barnes was balling & was about to have some kind of rookie playoffs record.

Comment

It's amazing how Philly fans still mad at Siakam even though Embiid acknowledged it wasn't intentional but no word from Philly fans when Embiid stepped on Barnes ankle with full force & almost took him out of the series when Barnes was balling & was about to have some kind of rookie playoffs record.
            took out birch too and thad

Comment

• For me, the hate for Boston comes from those KG/Pierce years. They were doing the fake tough guy thing and talking so much crap all the time but also backing it up by being a good team. KG clapping in front of Calderon's face pretty much sealed the deal for me and now the hate is just a carry over.

Comment

What else is there to say about Philly fans

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Everyone not from Boston hates all Boston teams in every sport. Not specifically a Toronto thing. I live in Tampa and everyone here hates Boston teams too. They have legit the worst fans of any city. A bunch of morons who never graduated high school who have made Boston sports their entire identity.
                  Interesting. I never really heard about this "every other city hates Boston sports fans" take before. Personally, I would think it's great if they have crappy sports fans. It should make players not want to play there. But could any sports fans be worse than Philly fans... who turn on their own.... possession by possession? We saw that in Game 5 and it was awesome. Can you imagine if the Raps forced a Game 7 back in Philly?

But anyway... if this supposed universal hate for Boston fans is actually real, then I would imagine it's just jealousy & envy from the Patriots and Red Sox winning multiple championships... with the Celtics and Bruins sprinkled in within the last decade or so.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Interesting. I never really heard about this "every other city hates Boston sports fans" take before. Personally, I would think it's great if they have crappy sports fans. It should make players not want to play there. But could any sports fans be worse than Philly fans... who turn on their own.... possession by possession? We saw that in Game 5 and it was awesome. Can you imagine if the Raps forced a Game 7 back in Philly?

But anyway... if this supposed universal hate for Boston fans is actually real, then I would imagine it's just jealousy & envy from the Patriots and Red Sox winning multiple championships... with the Celtics and Bruins sprinkled in within the last decade or so.
                    Them winning championships made their fans 1000X more annoying so it definitely played a factor. Not a jealousy thing though, no one hates the Warriors just because they've won a ton of championships, because their fans aren't all insufferable assholes.

If you watch Winning Time (show on HBO about Lakers dynasty starting with Magic) the Celtics booed their own team at home when they lost to the Lakers. Philly fans are bad too but not on Boston fans level at all.

Comment

• There's a short clip circulating on Twitter of Scottie guarding Curry at what I'm assuming is the Rico Hines runs. Trae was there as well. Can't wait to see more cottage of how that went

Comment

It's been true since I've been watching sports (early 80s). It was true when their teams all sucked, too. I assumed this was common knowledge.

Comment

Boston is the best sports city in North America, nothing else close, period.
                          Winning teams in every major sport and passionate fans that support each of them.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

It's been true since I've been watching sports (early 80s). It was true when their teams all sucked, too. I assumed this was common knowledge.
                            I’ve done business all over the States for 2 decades and spent extended time in Texas and California and this is the first time I’m hearing that it’s common knowledge. I guess I totally missed the memo on that one.

I mean, when the Jays we’re winning back to back World Series, were the Red Sox even relevant enough to think about? That’s basically been my attitude towards Boston sports teams and fans over the years: who cares?

Comment

• Based on experience, San Franchisco fans(49ers) and Philly(Eagles and Sixers) fans are worse. Buffalo fans are up there as well but I kinda get why they're always mad lol.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Philly fans are absolutely the worst. Before booing the Sixers, the Eagles fans booed Santa

Comment

Working...
                                X