Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    So if Harris signs the QO we need to dump one of our other 2 way deals. I'd guess Harper Jr gets the axe.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

So if Harris signs the QO we need to dump one of our other 2 way deals. I'd guess Harper Jr gets the axe.
      Not necessarily.

Harris 2 way is around 50K.

Still smaller in comparison to the others, which means he is the most likely to get cut or have another team (Dallas?) drop a slightly bigger offer to retain his services.

Culver signing is still not a sure thing.

Svi is likely to get cut before training camp.

Lots of things are still ongoing including the pending Durant thing.

Comment

Not necessarily.

Still smaller in comparison to the others, which means he is the most likely to get cut or have another team (Dallas?) drop a slightly bigger offer to retain his services.

i'm meh on culver .. he is interesting because he is a 6'6 point guard but has been meh... so I dont know if he outplays anyone for an official spot.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i'm meh on culver .. he is interesting because he is a 6'6 point guard but has been meh... so I dont know if he outplays anyone for an official spot.
          Probably not but he is an interesting piece to add to the 905 to try and get his 3 point shot going. If they manage to do that with his elite skills, there is no reason why he couldn't be a serviceable solid role player for years to come in the NBA.

As always with the Raptors, if you have a good game against them, you are on the list.

Last edited by Hotshot; Sat Aug 20, 2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Probably not but he is an interesting piece to add to the 905 to try and get his 3 point shot going. If they manage to do that with his elite skills, there is no reason why he couldn't be a serviceable solid role player for years to come in the NBA.

As always with the Raptors, if you have a good game against them, you are on the list.

yeah 905 i am down for ... iwe are already going to find a way to yeet svi so I don't think we need to create additional spots unless we are going to get KD and get rid of flynn in the deal or something of that nature

Comment

Not necessarily.

We'd have to dump someone to keep Culver too. The fact we tendered Harris a 2way puts him way above Culver. Harper and Dowtin have the 2 way deals so one of them is toast if Harris stays.

Comment

I like Dowtin's potential more than Culver's.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We'd have to dump someone to keep Culver too. The fact we tendered Harris a 2way puts him way above Culver. Harper and Dowtin have the 2 way deals so one of them is toast if Harris stays.
                  They can also just cut Harris, there's no cost to it since it's a two way. Tendering him just keeps him RFA for now. He may not even sign the tender. Or we could convert one of the other two 2-ways to a full camp invite deal instead.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

They can also just cut Harris, there's no cost to it since it's a two way. Tendering him just keeps him RFA for now. He may not even sign the tender. Or we could convert one of the other two 2-ways to a full camp invite deal instead.
                    how much is a full invite deal?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I like Dowtin's potential more than Culver's.
                      thus far his game management seems better I want to be fair so I will dig into Culver more but his numbers and advanced stuff on first glance look meh. There are players I like from memphis but he was lower down on my interest list.

Comment

thus far his game management seems better I want to be fair so I will dig into Culver more but his numbers and advanced stuff on first glance look meh. There are players I like from memphis but he was lower down on my interest list.
                        Culver’s ORTG has been pretty terrible. He’d be like the backcourt version of Stanley Johnson type of reclamation project. We haven’t had much success with those, so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Culver’s ORTG has been pretty terrible. He’d be like the backcourt version of Stanley Johnson type of reclamation project. We haven’t had much success with those, so I wouldn’t hold my breath.
                          johnson had ... moments lol.

I liked RHJ a lot but he offered nothing on offence. The main issue is based on the back end of our roster we already have a ton of these weird projects and not enough space to keep them all.

If we keep Banton... and not including Svi there are what.... 3 spots left? I think? ... Koloko gets a spot. Ok now you have 2 spots left between DJ Wilson, Bo Cruz, Justin Champagnie. Am I forgetting any one. If you don't get rid of Svi things get tighter but I feel like if there is a trade that happens he will be off the team or maybe Flynn for salary bolstering purposes. As it stands today without looking at Harris, or Culver, or others you have to cut. I assume Justin gets a spot. Ok who gets the final spot? I have feeling it may end up being Bo Cruz depending on his defence. He has looked decent in these Hines runs.

Comment

I have feeling it may end up being Bo Cruz depending on his defence. He has looked decent in these Hines runs.
                            Juancho has got the spot otherwise the Raptors wouldn't have been this quick to fully guaranteed for the year.

DJ Wilson likely out.

Svi likely out.

Banton in.

Champagine in.

Koloko in.

Harris, Culver, RHJ, Dowtin and Gabe Brown likely fighting for 2 two ways.

Comment

Juancho has got the spot otherwise the Raptors wouldn't have been this quick to fully guaranteed for the year.

DJ Wilson likely out.

Svi likely out.

Banton in.

Champagine in.

Koloko in.

Harris, Culver, RHJ, Dowtin and Gabe Brown likely fighting for 2 two ways.
                              oh shoot i forgot his spot was fully guaranteed good point.

so there is only one spot...

down to svi, DJ, champagne.. champagnie likely gets it Dj potentially out...

I like DJ but does he offer enough to potentially tip things in his favor over justin?

As for the two ways.. I think RHJ has been meh thus far in his summer league showing but he got signed right away ... I think they like Dowtin as do I... so Yeah the other three are ont he outside looking in I guess they are also psuedo fighting for 905 spots or even for european contracts?

Comment

As for the two ways.. I think RHJ has been meh thus far in his summer league showing but he got signed right away ... I think they like Dowtin as do I... so Yeah the other three are ont he outside looking in I guess they are also psuedo fighting for 905 spots or even for european contracts?
                                My feelings is that Gabe was a more desired target for the Raptors but he was probably banking & looking for some guaranteed money & couldn't find it so he was stuck in accepting an exhibit 10 contract with the chance of maybe getting a roster spot. While RHJ was available right away so they snagged him up more quickly but he doesn't exactly fit the roster & thus far doesn't bring anything elite to the table.

Dowtin has yet to prove he can hack it in the NBA level. He does well in other levels & maybe he finally reached that level but there are always those guys who just can't flourish in the NBA cause they are a step too slow, too weak , too stressed to succeed. Preseason is a big test for him.

Culver has a few elite skills the Raptors probably like & they may think they can fix his 3 pointer shot like they do with most players passing thru their system. It will be interesting what they do with him (or even if he is in their plans).

J.Harris is a comeback story that still has not been able to fix his 3 point shot while being away. But he was in their long term plans a year ago & they probably want to take a closer look at him again before a final decision is made.

Comment

Working...
                                X