Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Really? Raptors have more off-season content (trade rumors, Rico Hines runs, Pro-Ams, Scottie stuff, Nurse stuff, etc, etc....) than pretty much any other NBA team.

I can remember the days when premium Raptors off-season content was: watching DeMar dribble through the aisles of Walmart or a picture of Lowry in a tank top looking like he lost a few pounds. lol
    I dunno, I feel like the Rico runs lack perspective. Pros playing against guys that aren't at the same level. I'm looking for some actual news. September is going to be difficult to get through.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I dunno, I feel like the Rico runs lack perspective. Pros playing against guys that aren't at the same level. I'm looking for some actual news. September is going to be difficult to get through.
      I don't think I have seen/experienced so much off season action by the f/o creating a very competitive environment to up the play level and get the cream hopefully ...and it begins immediately after the draft keeping everyone very busy. Kinda feel sorry for those who get cut at the end after going thru a competition meat grinder of a summer.Hope Champagnie makes it (got a PJ Tucker game/attitude).

Comment

• its really important for guys like koloko especially to be part of these runs

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

My feelings is that Gabe was a more desired target for the Raptors but he was probably banking & looking for some guaranteed money & couldn't find it so he was stuck in accepting an exhibit 10 contract with the chance of maybe getting a roster spot. While RHJ was available right away so they snagged him up more quickly but he doesn't exactly fit the roster & thus far doesn't bring anything elite to the table.

Dowtin has yet to prove he can hack it in the NBA level. He does well in other levels & maybe he finally reached that level but there are always those guys who just can't flourish in the NBA cause they are a step too slow, too weak , too stressed to succeed. Preseason is a big test for him.

Culver has a few elite skills the Raptors probably like & they may think they can fix his 3 pointer shot like they do with most players passing thru their system. It will be interesting what they do with him (or even if he is in their plans).

J.Harris is a comeback story that still has not been able to fix his 3 point shot while being away. But he was in their long term plans a year ago & they probably want to take a closer look at him again before a final decision is made.
          that is fair he came onto the radar a bit late too... I want a guy like pat bev on this team but I don't think we want to give up assets for him.

Dowtin may be the only spot... but yeah he is an intreresting prospect especially as a guard.

Comment

Yeah, Harden isn’t at our level. Raptors need better competition to sharpen their iron.

Comment

• Next year's rotation:

Precious
              PS
              Barnes
              OG
              FVV

Boucher
              Thaddeus
              Porter/Champenny
              Trent
              Flynn

One guy that i'm excited to watch next year other than Scottie and Flynn is Champenny. I think he's going to surprise a lot of people as well. He's going to get his chances because I already know that Otto is going to miss half the season(maybe more).
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Barnes is looking like an absolute monster. Big, fast, powerfull, smart, skilled. I look forward to watching him all year. Thank goodness we aren't considering trading him for Durant, that would be a huge mistake on so many levels.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

how much is a full invite deal?
                  Depends what they guarantee on the deal. They can guarantee $0 if they want and the guy only gets paid if they make and stay on the team.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Juancho has got the spot otherwise the Raptors wouldn't have been this quick to fully guaranteed for the year.

DJ Wilson likely out.

Svi likely out.

Banton in.

Champagine in.

Koloko in.

Harris, Culver, RHJ, Dowtin and Gabe Brown likely fighting for 2 two ways.
                    Gabe Brown is not really fighting for a two-way. He's an exhibit 10, a planned waiving with a bonus payment of 50k if he signs with the 905.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah, Harden isn’t at our level. Raptors need better competition to sharpen their iron.
                      Harden with non NBA players against the Raptors starting 5? I'm eager to see what the team looks like in real competition is all.

Comment

Harden with non NBA players against the Raptors starting 5? I'm eager to see what the team looks like in real competition is all.
                        It doesn't matter who they are going against in these runs. They are just runs.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Rico Hines guys are all pretty much NBA caliber players. A few of them might be deeper bench guys or young guys, but they could all be on an NBA roster. Your valid complaint should be that nobody plays defense in these runs (except Scottie, lol).

Like Dan said, they are just runs. What you should be looking for are glimpses of new skill development... like the summer Pascal flashed new skills and was able to translate that to the NBA in his MIP breakout season.

Comment

• So I'm trying to understand this Harris situation. So he was reinstated and I believe he signed his QO which we offered. Was that only possible because we had not yet signed Koloko?

Can only bring 20 into camp.. and here is what we have so far:

1. Pascal
                            2. Fred
                            3. Scottie
                            4. OG
                            5. Precious
                            6. GT
                            7. Porter
                            8. Thad
                            9. Boucher
                            10. Khem
                            11. Flynn
                            12. Banton
                            13. Champagnie
                            14. Svi
                            15. Hernangomez
                            16. Wilson
                            17. Dowtin
                            18. Harper Jr
                            19. Brown
                            20. Harris
                            21. Koloko*

So we would have to get rid of someone like Brown or Svi or Wilson before we bring in Koloko to camp. And that's only camp.. still have to boil that down to 15 + the two 2-ways for the regular season which were given to Downtin and Harper already.

Assuming the the top 12 are locks.. I'd go 13=Koloko, 14=Champagnie, 15=Hernangomez. With the 2-ways going to Harris and Dowtin.

I'd then waive: Svi, Wilson, Harper Jr. I believe Brown got an exhibit 10 already so will be on the 905.

I'm also hearing a lot of Jarrett Culver rumours. Not sure how he would fit in. Would have to remove yet another player to fit the 20 to bring to camp.

Comment

Rico Hines guys are all pretty much NBA caliber players. A few of them might be deeper bench guys or young guys, but they could all be on an NBA roster. Your valid complaint should be that nobody plays defense in these runs (except Scottie, lol).

Like Dan said, they are just runs. What you should be looking for are glimpses of new skill development... like the summer Pascal flashed new skills and was able to translate that to the NBA in his MIP breakout season.
                              I wonder if the Raps would get in trouble for going to these runs. Didn't the Wolves get fined for having their guys attend some team related events in the off season?

Hines is also a Raptors coach now too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                So I'm trying to understand this Harris situation. So he was reinstated and I believe he signed his QO which we offered. Was that only possible because we had not yet signed Koloko?

Can only bring 20 into camp.. and here is what we have so far:

1. Pascal
                                2. Fred
                                3. Scottie
                                4. OG
                                5. Precious
                                6. GT
                                7. Porter
                                8. Thad
                                9. Boucher
                                10. Khem
                                11. Flynn
                                12. Banton
                                13. Champagnie
                                14. Svi
                                15. Hernangomez
                                16. Wilson
                                17. Dowtin
                                18. Harper Jr
                                19. Brown
                                20. Harris
                                21. Koloko*

So we would have to get rid of someone like Brown or Svi or Wilson before we bring in Koloko to camp. And that's only camp.. still have to boil that down to 15 + the two 2-ways for the regular season which were given to Downtin and Harper already.

Assuming the the top 12 are locks.. I'd go 13=Koloko, 14=Champagnie, 15=Hernangomez. With the 2-ways going to Harris and Dowtin.

I'd then waive: Svi, Wilson, Harper Jr. I believe Brown got an exhibit 10 already so will be on the 905.

I'm also hearing a lot of Jarrett Culver rumours. Not sure how he would fit in. Would have to remove yet another player to fit the 20 to bring to camp.
                                We extended the QO to Harris, he has not signed it to my knowledge.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X