Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Rico Hines guys are all pretty much NBA caliber players. A few of them might be deeper bench guys or young guys, but they could all be on an NBA roster. Your valid complaint should be that nobody plays defense in these runs (except Scottie, lol).

Like Dan said, they are just runs. What you should be looking for are glimpses of new skill development... like the summer Pascal flashed new skills and was able to translate that to the NBA in his MIP breakout season.
    It's highlight reel stuff so not the easiest to pull anything solid from. As you said nobody plays any defense.

???

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Gabe Brown is not really fighting for a two-way. He's an exhibit 10, a planned waiving with a bonus payment of 50k if he signs with the 905.
      Yes but if he impresses enough his shot at a spot increase afterwards and someone else might be dropped.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I wonder if the Raps would get in trouble for going to these runs. Didn't the Wolves get fined for having their guys attend some team related events in the off season?

Hines is also a Raptors coach now too.
        And Earl Watson (yet another Raptor assistant coach) is there as well. Never thought about it that way, but yeah... Rico Hines runs are basically illegal NBA off-season full-team scrimmages. Raptors found a way to beat the system and get a competitive advantage. lol.

Comment

And Earl Watson (yet another Raptor assistant coach) is there as well. Never thought about it that way, but yeah... Rico Hines runs are basically illegal NBA off-season full-team scrimmages. Raptors found a way to beat the system and get a competitive advantage. lol.
          Technically it wasn't a full team. Another thing it wasn't only players belonging to the Raptors there. The lines are blurry there for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if Rico Hines will basically have to move his whole off-season summer runs operation to Toronto where it will be legal if the league deems it problematic or he may not be involved directly with Rico Runs in L.A while being an assistant with the Raptors.

Comment

• Another Rico Run. At the end of it Draymond Green singled out the chastised Gabe Brown for only taking shots & not playing hard at both ends of the court. Hopefully the rookie takes it to heart cause that is exactly what the Raptors culture demand as well.

Comment

• KD is a good case study. The biggest reason I didn't want the Raptors to go all in -- and by all in I mean trading Scottie Barnes -- was because of KD's age. He's 34 years old. I mentioned this a million times already, if you look at the history of the sport, players get injured a lot and they start slowing down once they get to that age(34-35).

LeBron James is the best example because he's the most durable basketball player of all time. Dude never gets injured but in 2019(his age 34 season), he suffered that season ending injury mid season and he's been injury prone since.

When you listen to all these so called NBA experts on TV, they kept mentioning how KD is under contract for 4 more years but never mention how he's already 34. Imo, that's the biggest reason why teams weren't willing to go all in.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Really good mailbag from the Athletic on the Raptors. Pretty much mirrors our discussions here.

https://theathletic.com/3528288/2022...-jalen-harris/

Comment

• I am still moderately interested in mitchell as a consolidation trade otherwise pat bev is who I want to target

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Another Rico Run. At the end of it Draymond Green singled out the chastised Gabe Brown for only taking shots & not playing hard at both ends of the court. Hopefully the rookie takes it to heart cause that is exactly what the Raptors culture demand as well.

Yikes
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Banton is about to have his Pro Am basketball league stat stuffer moment. Looks like he will be the best player on that roster.

Btw the name Chad Posthumus sounds made up.

Last edited by Hotshot; Tue Aug 23, 2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        Banton is about to have his Pro Am basketball league stat stuffer moment. Looks like he will be the best player on that roster.

Btw the name Chad Posthumus sounds made up.

Yeah, it is a bit weird.... like Blake Murphy says. Why aren't guys like SGA and his cousin on this team? It's still the Canadian senior men's team and it's a FIBA World cup qualifying event, if I'm reading it correctly.

You still see the top Canadian men's soccer players at lesser national team events these days. Heck, they even show up for friendlies.

Oh, and Chad Posthumus is probably some big stiff who got posterized. lol.

Comment

Yeah, it is a bit weird.... like Blake Murphy says. Why aren't guys like SGA and his cousin on this team? It's still the Canadian senior men's team and it's a FIBA World cup qualifying event, if I'm reading it correctly.

You still see the top Canadian men's soccer players at lesser national team events these days. Heck, they even show up for friendlies.

Oh, and Chad Posthumus is probably some big stiff who got posterized. lol.
                          I think the other event is more important

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I think the other event is more important
                            Ok, I think I read it wrong. The Americup isn't part of the FIBA World Cup qualifying, so it makes sense.

Comment

• Banton is probably there because Nurse requested it. Maybe its the reason why Haynes and Kigab also showed up.

The rest are CEBL players and not even stars of their respective teams.

So maybe there will be enough of a small chance for winning 1 or 2 games.

Comment

Ok, I think I read it wrong. The Americup isn't part of the FIBA World Cup qualifying, so it makes sense.
                                its weird and confusing so I had to double check myself

Comment

Working...
                                X