Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Rozier is actually better at offense than FVV… especially when you consider what our sorely offense lacks, which is ‘advantage creation’. Fred is a slightly better 3pt shooter, but Rozier is more efficient overall. It’s pretty close…. if you watch the games. Defense is another matter.
    advanced metrics agree with everything you said

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Rozier is actually better at offense than FVV… especially when you consider what our sorely offense lacks, which is ‘advantage creation’. Fred is a slightly better 3pt shooter, but Rozier is more efficient overall. It’s pretty close…. if you watch the games. Defense is another matter.
      EPM had Fred as a (very slightly) better offensive player than Rozier last season, even with him playing injured and unable to shoot for the last third of the year.

As you note, defence is a whole other story, and is literally half of the game.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If the Rico Hines runs are any indication Fred is still going to be handling the bulk of the PG duties and not moving off ball, as has been talked about. He's leagues ahead of Siakam and Barnes in terms of creating for others.

An does anyone know where these runs are taking place?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          If the Rico Hines runs are any indication Fred is still going to be handling the bulk of the PG duties and not moving off ball, as has been talked about. He's leagues ahead of Siakam and Barnes in terms of creating for others.

Pretty sure the runs are in LA.

And I don't think the Rico runs are any indication of roles on the real team.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Was just watching the Blue Jays celebrating the 30th anniversary of the 92 team. It got me thinking, the 2019 Raptors championship team will be talk about for years and years(rightfully so) just like that team and the 93 team.

And also, why does Joe Carter not have a statue and why is his number not retired? what the hell are they waiting for? he's just the most iconic player in your franchise history.
            The Jays only have 2 retired numbers, the late Hall of Famer Roy Halladay and Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar. Dave Stieb has been vastly underrated and should be in the Hall imo. Jays use the "Level of Excellence" where Stieb, Bell, Carter, Fernandez and Delgado currently reside. I like that the team's retired numbers is quite exclusive and not just for good careers with big moments players.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

The Jays only have 2 retired numbers, the late Hall of Famer Roy Halladay and Hall of Famer Roberto Alomar. Dave Stieb has been vastly underrated and should be in the Hall imo. Jays use the "Level of Excellence" where Stieb, Bell, Carter, Fernandez and Delgado currently reside. I like that the team's retired numbers is quite exclusive and not just for good careers with big moments players.
              I like the Wall of Excellence idea. It's not quite as an achievement as a retired number, but it's still an honour. Raptors should do the same. That way you get Kawhi and Vince and DeMar up there, without actually retiring their numbers. And that's what I'd prefer.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I'm pretty sure they unretired Alomar's number and they also removed his name from the Level of Excellence.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  If the Rico Hines runs are any indication Fred is still going to be handling the bulk of the PG duties and not moving off ball, as has been talked about. He's leagues ahead of Siakam and Barnes in terms of creating for others.

They take place at the UCLA practice facility. I don't think you can take away what roles guys are going to be playing from these pick up games. Fred, Scottie and Pascal will be sharing the responsibility.

Comment

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                      Tough for Svi but he had no chance of playing on this team and maybe he can find an opportunity somewhere else. Nurse gave him chances early last season but he was too inconsistent and the defense (or lack thereof) in Nurse's system sealed his fate.

Comment

• I still don't understand the player option. He wasn't worth giving that to in the first place. We're eating $1.8M from this deal, but it had to be done.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I still don't understand the player option. He wasn't worth giving that to in the first place. We're eating $1.8M from this deal, but it had to be done.
                          He might have had another offer somewhere else and the front office wanted to make sure we had him, and figured they would have the room to eat the salary in year two if need be (as it turns out, yep, plenty of room). I don't mind the team spending on the margins like that, same way they are handing out fairly hefty guarantees to camp invite guys who won't be making the roster (like DJ Wilson, probably).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I still don't understand the player option. He wasn't worth giving that to in the first place. We're eating $1.8M from this deal, but it had to be done.
                            He was pretty impressive in summer league from what I recall, so they probably needed to sweeten the offer to secure him. Too bad his play early on didn't translate over.

Comment

• So we're at 19.. 20 if you include Harris but he could be 905 bound.

Culver was a name floating around (I believe Scottie mentioned him in twitter or twitch or something). And he's been playing with our guys at UCLA. I just think he sucks and would be a waste of a spot.

There are still some decent vets that are available:

I do think this team could use one more guard. Schroeder wouldn't be a terrible option even if OG body slammed him that one time

Although he might be a headcase.. I know Boston turned their season around when they traded him away.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                I don't mind the team spending on the margins like that, same way they are handing out fairly hefty guarantees to camp invite guys who won't be making the roster (like DJ Wilson, probably).
                                DJ WIlson is the likely guy to be waived due to his smaller salary on the books but he has been working out constantly at Rico Hines gym getting good chemistry with the rest of the Raptors squad and incrementally getting better as a result. Meanwhile Juancho hasn't really been impressive against very low level of competition playing for Spain. So who knows right?!

Comment

Working...
                                X