No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the floor/ceiling expectation from JJ? I'm thinking a younger, healthier Rodney Hood as a recent example of a bench player for the Raps. I'm actually kind of pumped to see what he can bring.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      What is the floor/ceiling expectation from JJ? I'm thinking a younger, healthier Rodney Hood as a recent example of a bench player for the Raps. I'm actually kind of pumped to see what he can bring.
      I'm not. The chances of him making the team is slim. He's 25 years old so he's been around a while. He hasn't shown any progression since his rookie year, He is what he is as a player. He's Stanley Johnson 2.0.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• It's looking more and more like Masai and his team don't really care too much about poor character issues from years past. They brought in Kurucs who was arrested for choking, slapping, biting and pushing his significant other. And now Josh Jackson who had gotten his 5 year old kid high and was arrested for trying to get into a music festival without a ticket.

I'm not a cancel culture guy myself but I was thinking Masai and his team would look the other way. I mean they went out of their way to trade Terrence Davis who looked pretty good as a Raptor. And his charges were dropped.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I'm not. The chances of him making the team is slim. He's 25 years old so he's been around a while. He hasn't shown any progression since his rookie year, He is what he is as a player. He's Stanley Johnson 2.0.
          My hope is, and this ties into Mars' comment about character issues, that his struggles in the NBA had to do with off court issues and whatever that was I hope is past him. He's more talented than Stanley imo.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            It's looking more and more like Masai and his team don't really care too much about poor character issues from years past. They brought in Kurucs who was arrested for choking, slapping, biting and pushing his significant other. And now Josh Jackson who had gotten his 5 year old kid high and was arrested for trying to get into a music festival without a ticket.

I'm not a cancel culture guy myself but I was thinking Masai and his team would look the other way. I mean they went out of their way to trade Terrence Davis who looked pretty good as a Raptor. And his charges were dropped.
            We got a 2nd for Davis. That was a good return. I don't think the off court stuff was why he was dealt. If we waived him that would be different.

Comment

Thad, Porter Jr., Hernangomez and Jackson. That is an eclectic group of vets to support our core.
              Thad and Porter Jr are vets and so is Boucher by now. We know what sort of support they are bringing to the table.

Hernangomez and Jackson may have played more than 5 seasons in this league but it was always sporadic and they are kinda in the same category as Flynn and Birch where by you aren't sure if they will be even playing or getting minutes if their inconsistency with their scoring continues (especially now since the competition is more fierced).

Not to mention a few 2nd or 3rd year players (Banton, Champagine and Dowtin looking to take some more minutes, maybe even rookie Koloko too).

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We got a 2nd for Davis. That was a good return. I don't think the off court stuff was why he was dealt. If we waived him that would be different.
                Yeah I mean they could have moved Davis for a variety of different reasons. But they still got rid of him.

Ultimately it's surprising that Raptors management are okay with bringing in guys with questionable pasts. I'm sure there are teams that wouldn't give guys like Kurucs or Jackson any rope at all even if they saw some potential in them.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Thad and Porter Jr are vets and so is Boucher by now. We know what sort of support they are bringing to the table.

Hernangomez and Jackson may have played more than 5 seasons in this league but it was always sporadic and they are kinda in the same category as Flynn and Birch where by you aren't sure if they will be even playing or getting minutes if their inconsistency with their scoring continues (especially now since the competition is more fierced).

Not to mention a few 2nd or 3rd year players (Banton, Champagine and Dowtin looking to take some more minutes, maybe even rookie Koloko too).
                  Juancho and JJ each have over 290 games played in the NBA. They may not have started all and certainly they aren't vets like Thad, but they've been around. Flynn, Banton, Champagnie and Dowtin are super inexperienced which is a big reason they couldn't get any consistent minutes last season.

I just think you can trust guys with experience a bit more and that's a nice thing to have coming off a season like we just had where they ran the starters into the ground.

Comment

• Mitchell to the Cavs was not what I expected
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

I just think you can trust guys with experience a bit more and that's a nice thing to have coming off a season like we just had where they ran the starters into the ground.
                      If every year you are playing for a different team and sometimes more than a single team, experience isn't the issue but consistent performance is which is why they don't stay too long at one location.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                        Mitchell to the Cavs was not what I expected
                        Damn, that is a nice trio they've just put together.

Can't wait to hear the whines and tears of Knicks nation. What a sad franchise.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Mitchell to the Cavs was not what I expected
                          Holly Sh*t!

Comment

• Cavs will be nice. Knicks forums and Knicks Twitter will be fun now. Lol

Comment

• 3 unprotected first round picks and 2 pick swaps until 2029.

So Garland, D.Mitchell, Levert, Mobley and Allen is very nice starting 5.

competition in the East will be crazy.

Comment

• That’s a nice move by Cleveland. They were in the perfect spot to make that trade. They have a bunch of good young guys already, the draft picks are expendable.

Comment

Working...
                                X