Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    That’s a nice move by Cleveland. They were in the perfect spot to make that trade. They have a bunch of good young guys already, the draft picks are expendable.
    When you are in Cleveland its always either go for a championship or bust.

There is no in between.

Comment

• Now that the Jazz are going full fire-sale mode, any chance the Raptors can sweep in to try to get some useful pieces for peanuts?!

Some interesting names: Bogdanovic, NAW, Clarkson and THT.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Now that the Jazz are going full fire-sale mode, any chance the Raptors can sweep in to try to get some useful pieces for peanuts?!

Some interesting names: Bogdanovic, NAW, Clarkson and THT.
        NAW would be the guy I want, but he young enough don't know why the jazz would move him now. He can get a shot to prove himself now
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Doesn't even really seem that much to give up from clevlands perspective. They didn't want sexton, have lots of front court depth so lauri was a weird fit. And should be pretty good now so those picks are going to be mid to late 1st rounders
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

NAW would be the guy I want, but he young enough don't know why the jazz would move him now. He can get a shot to prove himself now
            NAW is also the guy you want cause maybe in 2 years you may want to bring in a family member of his.

Comment

• Damn, I love that trade for Cleveland. They just got way better. Definitely moved above us in my eastern conference rankings.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                Doesn't even really seem that much to give up from clevlands perspective. They didn't want sexton, have lots of front court depth so lauri was a weird fit. And should be pretty good now so those picks are going to be mid to late 1st rounders
                Seems like a home run for Cavs but....here's a lukewarm take. Did the Cavs just trade 5 years of draft picks/swaps for 1-2 more points a game on less efficient shooting? Unless the defence is a difference maker but I don't remember Mitchell being known for that. Mitchell definitely has more of the star aura but their stats paint a different picture

Comment

• They didn’t have Sexton last season… so you just added a legit playoff performer to that team. They just jumped into the top 3 in the East IMO.

Comment

• Meh
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

They didn’t have Sexton last season… so you just added a legit playoff performer to that team. They just jumped into the top 3 in the East IMO.
                      Nah Raptors in 5.

Comment

• I like this for the Cavs, think they moved up quite a bit. But I think I was also lower on them than many before this deal, so I'd say this puts them up into the Raps' tier, where if everything breaks right they could be near the top of the conference, but more realistically are probably in that 3-6 tier.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Siakam, Scottie, OG, Fred, Precious, Gary, Porter Jr., Boucher,

Mitchell, Mobley, Garland, Allen, Okoro, LeVert, Love, Osman

I would give them a slight edge on the top 8… we’ll have to see how the guys improve.

Comment

Siakam, Scottie, OG, Fred, Precious, Gary, Porter Jr., Boucher,

Mitchell, Mobley, Garland, Allen, Okoro, LeVert, Love, Osman

I would give them a slight edge on the top 8… we’ll have to see how the guys improve.
                            Barnes and Siakam are better than any of their players.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Or it’s pretty close to equal

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Barnes and Siakam are better than any of their players.
                                I do think Siakam is the best of the bunch. Barnes might have a ways to go (though a leap this year is very possible), but Fred is at least on par with their best guys. They might have an advantage 3-5 but not by much. And I like our depth quite a bit now, 6 through 9. Theirs is good too but it's no longer a big weakness for us like last year.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X