Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Cavs have not 1, but 2, all NBA caliber defenders on the back end to cover for their perimeter guys. Plus, offensive players who are poor defenders can crank it up in the post season, if they are truly committed. Paul Pierce used to do that all the time.
    Because Mitchell did that in the postseason?

Comment

Maxey doesn’t guard Scottie, he guards Fred, who isn’t that dangerous with the ball in his hands trying to create for teammates.

And Sixers went out of their way to attack Trent, so I don’t know how he helps.
      Fred isn't dangerous on offense?

News to me.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        So apparently the knicks offer was. RJ, toppin, Robinson and 3 unprotected 1st rounders. Am I crazy or is that not a way better deal then what the Cavs gave them?
        That was a much better deal you're right. The only reason the Jazz didn't do that and this is just a guess is that they're higher on Sexton than Barrett? Barrett imo is much much better. We'll see.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

That was a much better deal you're right. The only reason the Jazz didn't do that and this is just a guess is that they're higher on Sexton than Barrett? Barrett imo is much much better. We'll see.
          It seems so outrageous that I don't believe the reporting saying that was a real offer Utah turned down. RJ is clearly a better long term building piece than Sexton and perfect for a team like Utah. 2 years younger as well. The picks almost certainly would have been better each year. If Utah really turned that down over petty beef Ainge should be fired.

Comment

• Now that trade season is around the corner, what do you think of Birch + Young (end of September) + FRP 2024 for Lauri Markkanen. To me trading Boucher for Burks after the trade for Markkanen, would make the bench more defined, mature and deeper. Scoring 30-35 points from the bench would be easier to achieve. Also, starters would play 28-30 minutes and less injuries. Nurse is going to wear out the longevity of each of his starters.

FVV, Trent Jr,, OG, Barnes, Siakam
            Flynn, Burks , OPJ, Markkanen, Precious
            Banton/ Dowtin, one of Jackson/Champagnie/ Harris, Hermangomez, Koloko,

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Fred isn't dangerous on offense?

News to me.
              As an off-ball shooter, sure. As an on-ball creator…. newsflash: not so much.

Comment

As an off-ball shooter, sure. As an on-ball creator…. newsflash: not so much.
                Fred is pretty deadly on ball as well.

You're gushing over Maxey and Fred is clearly better than Maxey everywhere.

Crazy how dismissive Raptors fans are of Fred.

Comment

• Fred is obviously better off-ball, but early season Fred that got him to be an All-star was pretty damn good on-ball as well.

Comment

Bingo.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I will say as someone who has been critical of fred.. Fred was injured in the play offs although has never played well against Philly.. but as a player.. Fred is much more well rounded and better. Maxey has great athleticism and has the potential to be better in the future and likely will be. Right now Freddy is better on both ends of the ball and the gap defensively isn't small.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

or because they wanted an extra pick without protections and the knicks said no.

Comment

I feel bad for Fred ( and Gary too).
                          Many Raps fans seem to be already moving on from them.

(Made me do a double take on how l feel about Khem, but seriously while I feel bad for him I can't see a future with him in this team)

Comment

You’ve created your own strawmen here, twice. No point in continuing if you’re going to just cherry pick stuff I’m not even saying, out of context, just to try to win a meaningless argument.

Comment

• But why bring him back and drop someone else for training camp?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                But why bring him back and drop someone else for training camp?!

He's a big man and we need more for training camp. Pretty sure he's just a big body for Scottie and Siakam to dunk on.

Comment

Working...
                                X