Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

He's a big man and we need more for training camp. Pretty sure he's just a big body for Scottie and Siakam to dunk on.
    Yeah but the team is full with 20 players going to training camp. Are we dropping DJ Wilson or Ron Harper Jr for a 905 drop & stash spot?! or is there a trade coming that will clear all that?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Yeah but the team is full with 20 players going to training camp. Are we dropping DJ Wilson or Ron Harper Jr for a 905 drop & stash spot?! or is there a trade coming that will clear all that?!
      I'd call him just as good a 905 prospect as Wilson and Harper. So either or would be fine to cut to make room, I trust the front office decisions here.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'd call him just as good a 905 prospect as Wilson and Harper. So either or would be fine to cut to make room, I trust the front office decisions here.
        Could be right, after all he is only 22 (same age as RHJ).

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          But why bring him back and drop someone else for training camp?!

he is coming back for the 905?

Comment

• I'd think if they are dropping anyone its Gabe Brown, who is then filtered to the 905 via his exhibit 10. Then they drop Perry at some point, same thing, and sign another exhibit 10, etc.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Curious they are bringing in yet another forward. I get it they like size and length, but these aren't really the type of guys that are in the "do it all" mold which Raps have been interested in.

We're still lacking players with guard skills.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Curious they are bringing in yet another forward. I get it they like size and length, but these aren't really the type of guys that are in the "do it all" mold which Raps have been interested in.

We're still lacking players with guard skills.
                define guard skills?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

define guard skills?
                  Shoot well, create open looks for teammates, create shots for themself, can handle ball pressure. There is a certain craftiness with the ball which guards and more specifically point guards have which forwards like Siakam and Barnes don't.

Maybe Raps are betting on that difference in skill not mattering as much as the size difference which is usually an advantage they will have in their favor.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Shoot well, create open looks for teammates, create shots for themself, can handle ball pressure. There is a certain craftiness with the ball which guards and more specifically point guards have which forwards like Siakam and Barnes don't.

Maybe Raps are betting on that difference in skill not mattering as much as the size difference which is usually an advantage they will have in their favor.
                    you can have those things without having guards though.... the biggest thing is having the handle... which can take time to develop.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

you can have those things without having guards though.... the biggest thing is having the handle... which can take time to develop.
                      That is the point I was making. The guys they are bringing in don't have those guard skills which is why I said "we're still lacking players with guard skills". It would be different if we were bringing in guys like Shuan Livingston or Derrick White.

Comment

• Montrezl Harrell heading to Philly.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Montrezl Harrell heading to Philly.
                          smart pick up for them

Comment

Another Clown..
                            All the Clowns are in Philly..
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Bully ball.

Comment

Damn, that's a sneaky great pickup by the Sixers.

Trez will help them win the non-Embiid minutes as a backup C, which is the key thing they've been lacking for the last 3-4 seasons. He can also play along side Embiid. Like Boucher, Trez does a lot energy/hustle stuff that's seriously underrated and leads to winning (OREBs, extra possessions, putbacks, finishing, etc...). Almost always a positive impact and high efficiency player. Should mesh really well with Maxey & Harden in the PnR and Doc Rivers already knows how to optimize his game.

Could see move this pushing the Sixers close to winning 60 games and the top seed in the conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X