No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrell's a great regular season add for the 76ers I think, considering the cost, assuming he doesn't fall off much. Won't help much in the playoffs but they tend to run Embiid out there all night at that point anyway.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Wenbemyama just measured 7ft 4".... barefoot. With an 8ft wingspan. WTF.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Wenbemyama just measured 7ft 4".... barefoot. With an 8ft wingspan. WTF.
        Looks like we have a new unicorn.

The only thing is I can't think of anyone 7'2 or over that didn't have lower leg injury problems that curtailed their once promising looking career.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

The only thing is I can't think of anyone 7'2 or over that didn't have lower leg injury problems that curtailed their once promising looking career.
          the closest was kristaps and .. then he got injured so no one

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Rudy Gobert is 7'1 with minimal missed games.

But 7'4 barefoot is a whole nother level.

Rudy is also thick not a string bean, which helps to prevent injury.

Wembanyama is a string bean ready to snap at any moment.

You have to take him 1st overall but I really doubt he has a long injury free career.

Comment

• is clarkson someone you all are interested in

Comment

• Oh my goodness the lineups we can run. Scottie and Pascal look like superstars. Trent cold as ice. Slim Duck and Koloko gogo gadget all over the place. Couldn't be beat.

Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Sep 7, 2022, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  is clarkson someone you all are interested in
                  Yes

Comment

It's a no for me.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

No.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Clarkson makes a bit more than $13M. Unless you are willing to move OG or Gary I don't see a way we can get this done. I like the guy.. he's a gunner off the bench. But it just doesn't make sense to trade for him.

I mean Khem+Malachi is not enough. You would have to include at least Thad but he just extended. Plus Utah wants to rebuild. So why would they want Thad?

My Utah trade is Khem+Malachi+2RP for Vanderbilt+NAW. But I don't think that gets it done either. Danny wants FRP's not SRP's.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Clarkson makes a bit more than $13M. Unless you are willing to move OG or Gary I don't see a way we can get this done. I like the guy.. he's a gunner off the bench. But it just doesn't make sense to trade for him.

I mean Khem+Malachi is not enough. You would have to include at least Thad but he just extended. Plus Utah wants to rebuild. So why would they want Thad?

My Utah trade is Khem+Malachi+2RP for Vanderbilt+NAW. But I don't think that gets it done either. Danny wants FRP's not SRP's.

DJ Wilson's salary is showing at $2.1M - do we have some type of option on him? Can he be signed & traded?

That would make a Khem+DJ+Malachi work for Clarkson.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

DJ Wilson's salary is showing at $2.1M - do we have some type of option on him? Can he be signed & traded?

That would make a Khem+DJ+Malachi work for Clarkson.
                            I'm pretty sure DJ can be traded and then waived by Utah.. but I suspect Utah would need to be able to take in 3 contracts. They brought in a lot of bodies from all their other trades. Not sure they can do a 3 for 1 trade.

If it takes those three guys and a SRP then that's an easy yes for me. But I suspect Utah will want a FRP.

Comment

• yeah that is the key ... is he worth a first round pick? or are there better opportunities that will present themselves?

Comment

• We'd be nuts to give up a 1st for Clarkson. If it was moving back a bit in a bad draft like we did for Thad I'd be OK with it, but this draft is supposed to be really good. The fact we'd also have to include useful guys instead of the corpse of Dragic makes it even less appealing.

Comment

Working...
                                X