Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Jamal is nice.
    If Masai considered trading for Mitchell, it only makes sense that he also eyes Jamal who is almost the same player if not even better
    Jamal is a much more well rounded player on both ends of the court but he is coming off an injury and in terms of where the Nuggets are they aren't going to be looking to take steps back ... so again you are back at Trent/OG and picks as your primary outgoing package...

More than likely we aren't adding a star without OG being part of the deal if its this year. A more likely scenario is we trade GTJ for a guy who is either a vet or a tier or two down.. like a Turner level guy

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

That is danny ainge but you gotta remember... OKC already has picks... they want players.. yes of course Barnes would be huge in netting us but its not a raptors move and it isn't a move that I would expect the raptors to make... in any move we make it should not involve Barnes as out going. The point is to accumulate more talent or consolidate assets to allow us to grow.. getting Shai while losing Barnes doesn't achieve that. Barnes is literally going no where.

As for their ask... I really don't know again I don't think they value picks because while picks may have value... they have 19 or more over the next 4 years.. and that isn't even an exaggeration. I think that OG especially given the asset he is right now (think back to the portland deal) that may be enough of a deal addition to help you to get there.. plus salary wise right now Barnes makes too little salary-wise to make any deal for a max level guy make sense. If you get Shai for Barnes you are giving up Barnes + either potentially two other guys.

If OKC wants players and not picks they aren't giving up Shai. There is no reason for OKC to shop Shai. He fits their window (he's under 25). He's locked up long term so isn't going to be a free agent soon. He's not a prima donna like KD or Simmons and so likely isn't going to ask out.

Portland wanted OG because they are trying to win. They still have Dame and Nurkic. OKC isn't close to that. They are still building. Not trying to contend. Not that OG is old, but he's older than Shai. It's weird to move off from Shai for a slightly older player who's not as good and doesn't have a long term deal.

I don't trade Barnes.. I'm just saying that's what we'd likely have to give up if Shai was available. We don't have the assets to get him. I just don't see a way we could get it done.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

If OKC wants players and not picks they aren't giving up Shai. There is no reason for OKC to shop Shai. He fits their window (he's under 25). He's locked up long term so isn't going to be a free agent soon. He's not a prima donna like KD or Simmons and so likely isn't going to ask out.

Portland wanted OG because they are trying to win. They still have Dame and Nurkic. OKC isn't close to that. They are still building. Not trying to contend. Not that OG is old, but he's older than Shai. It's weird to move off from Shai for a slightly older player who's not as good and doesn't have a long term deal.

I don't trade Barnes.. I'm just saying that's what we'd likely have to give up if Shai was available. We don't have the assets to get him. I just don't see a way we could get it done.

which is the main reason why it likely won't happen.. it would be nice but it wont happen....

I think yes this season they want to lose but I do think eventually they are going to try to start moving towards something... they are not planning on rebuilding forever or as you put it.. building forever.'

regarding a potential raptors deal. OG yes is slightly older ... by what a year? that isn't significant.... and it depends on if they are happy with the rest of the players they have...Maybe giddey takes a giant leap forward this year or something. They also get GTJ who is younger with upside.... and again keep in mind you are still giving up 3/4 picks just to obtain him..

Regarding shai.. yeah the only way we get him is if he asks out and then makes a list and we are on the list.

I think we just need to understand that there isn't really any one on the market right now and start talking about the team we have. I want shai but I don't want to gut our team or give up scottie to do it.. the thought shouldn't even be uttered.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

But you realize that is not the final numbers, last year the Luxury Tax increased to the Maximum, if that is the case, in 2023/24 the Luxury Tax Tier could be as high as $165.29 Million. Raptors can extend FVV and Trent and remain under the Luxury Tax comfortably. FVV moves to 4/$25 Million and Trent Jr 4/ starting@ $23.5 Million.

Does that mean FVV + OG for Shai is that a reasonable trade? Shai & Trent Jr, is the backcourt, Barnes, Siakam and Achuiwa as the starting 5.
          FVV is too old for them to be interested unless they are willing to pay him and extend him.... ... I do not want to pair gtj with shai personally because they are both not great on defence except shai may be better but i'd have to look at the numbers neither is good defensively although ill give shai the slight pass because of his team being bad.

Comment

• Just like with any other star, if Shai actually hits the market the offer will be mostly futures with just enough core pieces to fill out the salary, and Gary will certainly be one of the pieces, and either Fred or OG would be the rest. Likely OG in the case of OKC.

And just like most stars, Raps offer is probably competitive but also probably ends up getting outbid.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Just like with any other star, if Shai actually hits the market the offer will be mostly futures with just enough core pieces to fill out the salary, and Gary will certainly be one of the pieces, and either Fred or OG would be the rest. Likely OG in the case of OKC.

And just like most stars, Raps offer is probably competitive but also probably ends up getting outbid.
              yeah unless he says he will only play in Toronto...

Comment

yeah unless he says he will only play in Toronto...
                Doesn't mean much unless he's close to FA. Which he very is not.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just like with any other star, if Shai actually hits the market the offer will be mostly futures with just enough core pieces to fill out the salary, and Gary will certainly be one of the pieces, and either Fred or OG would be the rest. Likely OG in the case of OKC.

If two of Fred, Trent and OG are moved in that trade as you have suggested, do you not have any concerns of fielding a team of non shooters that live in the paint? Or do you look at it like lets get the upgrade in talent and push the timeline to contend back a bit?

Comment

Doesn't mean much unless he's close to FA. Which he very is not.
                    that is where I disagree. part of the player empowerment movement is about that.. now at its core they dont have to capitulate so yes to an extent they could play hardball but relationship management matters. Again I dont think he is that kind of player and frankly I wouldn't want that kind of player on the raptors team. More than likely he will becoming as a FA if he comes .... but him giving a list or more specifically saying I really only want to play in city x can shift the narrative even if its ever so slightly.

Him asking out in his first year as a max player is... not good and I dont think its good for the future contracts.. again though I dont sense he is like that.

This is not going to happen that way.

Comment

• Does malik beasily interest anyone

Comment

Does malik beasily interest anyone
                        Nah I'm good without adding a head case.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Nah I'm good without adding a head case.
                          just looked that up yeah fair enough lol

Comment

Jamal is a much more well rounded player on both ends of the court but he is coming off an injury and in terms of where the Nuggets are they aren't going to be looking to take steps back ... so again you are back at Trent/OG and picks as your primary outgoing package...

More than likely we aren't adding a star without OG being part of the deal if its this year. A more likely scenario is we trade GTJ for a guy who is either a vet or a tier or two down.. like a Turner level guy
                            Trade FVV + Birch + Wilson for Jamal + Bones Hyland
                            Fnspo favors the Nuggets on this deal, but let’s roll the dice on Murray.

Raptors need to make on more trade at the deadline

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Trade FVV + Birch + Wilson for Jamal + Bones Hyland
                              Fnspo favors the Nuggets on this deal, but let’s roll the dice on Murray.

Raptors need to make on more trade at the deadline
                              I would consider the murray thing if it meant getting rid of GTJ.... but yeah we aren't getting Jamal more than likely.... time to move on and focus on the current team. There aren't reasonable deals available at this current point in time.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

If two of Fred, Trent and OG are moved in that trade as you have suggested, do you not have any concerns of fielding a team of non shooters that live in the paint? Or do you look at it like lets get the upgrade in talent and push the timeline to contend back a bit?
                                I mean, sure. It needs to be a talent upgrade big enough to not worry too much about fit. You can find shooters, and the Raps think they can develop shooters, so by the time this trade is made maybe there's more shooting depth on the roster.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X