No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that biggest skill is that he can play in the front court with boucher. He is strong enough to defend backup centers and leaves boucher from getting bullied and making us play khem or tax OG vs centers. Him and boucher with whatever 3 guys we want to play with them give us a lot more options to do the 5 switchy defense long arm thing we are striving for
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If Thad’s your 11th man, then you have a deep bench. He’s kind of like Draymond-lite, and every team could use a guy like that.
      I have HIGH expectations for Flynn so yes I think they have a deep bench. There's simply no spot for Thad in the top 10. Where would you play him?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        I forgot how to post tweets but Pascal looking good on the latest Rico runs.
        very good

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I have HIGH expectations for Flynn so yes I think they have a deep bench. There's simply no spot for Thad in the top 10. Where would you play him?
          to me the bench line up depending on match ups (all bench that is)

Banton/Flynn, Otto, Thad, Boucher, precious/Koloko

The battle for "guard spots" comes down the flynn and banton.

Comment

I have low expectations for Flynn and have Thad as 9th man at worst.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              to me the bench line up depending on match ups (all bench that is)

Banton/Flynn, Otto, Thad, Boucher, precious/Koloko

The battle for "guard spots" comes down the flynn and banton.
              Koloko isn't going to get any meaningful mins this season. His job this year will be to warm the bench.

As for Flynn vs Banton. If Flynn shows up even half of his potential, he's going to get the job. He's simply a much better player than Banton.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• odd question anad sorry if this is off topic but does anyone have a good clip of the raptors facing zone defence or even a game they can point to this season or in the playoffs where it really caused an issue.

Comment

Koloko isn't going to get any meaningful mins this season. His job this year will be to warm the bench.

As for Flynn vs Banton. If Flynn shows up even half of his potential, he's going to get the job. He's simply a much better player than Banton.
                  I would tend to disagree on both comments, in detail if not in spirit.

1) Christian is unlikely to become part of the rotation. However, if he shows up well in the 905 in the first half of the season, (which is completely expected) I think he will be brought up to the big team for specific matchups. What happens after tha is up to him, but is he finds some success , nothing Nurse loves better than having another tool in the cabinet.

2) You are implying Flynn isn't showing up half his potential, and yet say he is a much better player. Playing up to even 75% of your potential is something good, or better players do, with some consistency. Playing up to your potential is a skill. If you can't do that except under perfect circumstances, or when the coach is willing to give you free rein to be bad for multiple games in a row is pretty much the definition of a bench player, is it not?

Comment

odd question anad sorry if this is off topic but does anyone have a good clip of the raptors facing zone defence or even a game they can point to this season or in the playoffs where it really caused an issue.
                    Not off the top of my head but I would check any game vs Miami or Boston. They both used zone a lot against us

Comment

I think Flynn has the first 15 to 20 game to announce himself as an nba player or else he is firmly in nicks dog house and his next stop will be fighting to stay in the league. I hope he can prove himself cause their certainly flashes of potential but it's an uphill fight for him right now

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Not off the top of my head but I would check any game vs Miami or Boston. They both used zone a lot against us
                        appreciate it any particular player that fell into traps with this so to speak.. my guess is gta but I am not sure

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think Flynn has the first 15 to 20 game to announce himself as an nba player or else he is firmly in nicks dog house and his next stop will be fighting to stay in the league. I hope he can prove himself cause their certainly flashes of potential but it's an uphill fight for him right now
                          he has a bit more than that if you include preseason but he has to come out gunning and not just shooting and being selfish but he has to differentiate himself.. in my mind there are enough guys who will be decent shooters... he has to be able to run the second unit competently and confidently and make fast efficient concise decisions.

Comment

he has a bit more than that if you include preseason but he has to come out gunning and not just shooting and being selfish but he has to differentiate himself.. in my mind there are enough guys who will be decent shooters... he has to be able to run the second unit competently and confidently and make fast efficient concise decisions.
                            Yea I meant first 15 to 20 of regular season. If he can't crack rotation in that time I think that's it for him as a raptor

Comment

appreciate it any particular player that fell into traps with this so to speak.. my guess is gta but I am not sure
                              I think over all we are suseptable to zone due to lack of shooting but u remember it being really glaring when we had units lead by Scottie or Pascal

Comment

• I think the Raps were trying to get Barnes into the key, FT area, later in the season to try and bust the zone. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly. But seems like a good strategy given his size and passing ability. I'd expect more of that this season, and if scottie has improved his shooting then zone D might not cause us much trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X