Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Koloko isn't going to get any meaningful mins this season. His job this year will be to warm the bench.

As for Flynn vs Banton. If Flynn shows up even half of his potential, he's going to get the job. He's simply a much better player than Banton.
    Is he though? While Banton's Raptors stats don't jump out from his rookie year, his G-League stats were promising. He brings so much more to the table than Flynn. Elite length for a backcourt player, willingness to play with pace, ability to guard 3 positions. I will give my nod to Banton on this one.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I would tend to disagree on both comments, in detail if not in spirit.

2) You are implying Flynn isn't showing up half his potential, and yet say he is a much better player. Playing up to even 75% of your potential is something good, or better players do, with some consistency. Playing up to your potential is a skill. If you can't do that except under perfect circumstances, or when the coach is willing to give you free rein to be bad for multiple games in a row is pretty much the definition of a bench player, is it not?
      We need to be more patient with Flynn. Last year was really his first full season in the league. Not every young player is going to put up Barnes numbers in their their first year. Flynn last year showed flashes here and there that he can be a really good player. The most important thing for him I think is confidence.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

We need to be more patient with Flynn. Last year was really his first full season in the league. Not every young player is going to put up Barnes numbers in their their first year. Flynn last year showed flashes here and there that he can be a really good player. The most important thing for him I think is confidence.
        why does flynn deserve more patience than Banton?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I think over all we are suseptable to zone due to lack of shooting but u remember it being really glaring when we had units lead by Scottie or Pascal
          kk im trying to do some film study on the zone for the raptors just trying to see something

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            why does flynn deserve more patience than Banton?
            Did I say that?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

I'm in complete agreement with you here. I have said numerous times on this forum that I continue to be amazed at how much of the game is in your head space. This seems to be particularly true for Flynn. Fortunately, this year's team, because of incremental improvement, and a healthy Birch, Young and an added Porter, should give Nurse a fair bit more latitude in his subs. He should be able to lengthen Flynn's leash. Hopefully, he relaxes enough to let his talent out and become the best version of himself. As has been suggested, preseason and the first 10-15 games of the season will be important for him.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I'm in complete agreement with you here. I have said numerous times on this forum that I continue to be amazed at how much of the game is in your head space. This seems to be particularly true for Flynn. Fortunately, this year's team, because of incremental improvement, and a healthy Birch, Young and an added Porter, should give Nurse a fair bit more latitude in his subs. He should be able to lengthen Flynn's leash. Hopefully, he relaxes enough to let his talent out and become the best version of himself. As has been suggested, preseason and the first 10-15 games of the season will be important for him.
                I hope he gets a shot, but like I said earlier, Raps have loaded up on vets by bringing Thad back, and adding Juancho, JJ and Porter to go along with Boucher. That's 11 players already when added to our core 6. Not a lot of minutes for guys like Flynn, Banton or Koloko.

Comment

Did I say that?
                  you didn't but I am still asking.. between the two who deserves more patience

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    you didn't but I am still asking.. between the two who deserves more patience
                    Is that a trick question? lol. The answer is both of them. They're both young players. It's just that I think Flynn has a higher upside.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• He's a nutjob.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

He's a nutjob.

He needs a lot more time on the court and a lot less time in youtube rabbit holes.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He needs a lot more time on the court and a lot less time in youtube rabbit holes.
                          crazy thing is.. alex jones isn't even allowed on youtube any more

Comment

Is that a trick question? lol. The answer is both of them. They're both young players. It's just that I think Flynn has a higher upside.
                            between the two I think Banton

Comment

He's a nutjob.

Oh goody I can't wait for another midseason Nets crisis as they implode and this time we get Durant for the right package.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Oh goody I can't wait for another midseason Nets crisis as they implode and this time we get Durant for the right package.
                                would you want that??? If it happens this season for the RIGHT package OG and Trent.. sure or Fred and Trent... anything more no thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X