Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Oh goody I can't wait for another midseason Nets crisis as they implode and this time we get Durant for the right package.
    Would love to hear a conversation of Nash attempting to interrogate and understand Kyrie's beliefs.

Comment

• I'm sure Malachi and Banton will get their chances, but I have my doubts about either really claiming a top 9 spot (we probably won't run consistently 10 deep). Same for Koloko, unless he really surprises.

You'll have one primary (Fred/Scottie/Pascal) or sometimes two with the bench so no real need for a Flynn or Banton. And the rest of the bench group should be a) Trent, scorer to be the finisher and off ball threat for whichever starter is anchoring the lineup, and b) as many wacky big 6'9" guys as they can manage - in other words, Otto, Boucher and Thad, more often than not.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I'm sure Malachi and Banton will get their chances, but I have my doubts about either really claiming a top 9 spot (we probably won't run consistently 10 deep). Same for Koloko, unless he really surprises.

You'll have one primary (Fred/Scottie/Pascal) or sometimes two with the bench so no real need for a Flynn or Banton. And the rest of the bench group should be a) Trent, scorer to be the finisher and off ball threat for whichever starter is anchoring the lineup, and b) as many wacky big 6'9" guys as they can manage - in other words, Otto, Boucher and Thad, more often than not.
        Coach Thibs (I mean Nick) will have no issues playing our guys 40+ mpg. But the better scenario for all would be to see him reduce those minutes down to around 35mpg. Fred's injuries going into the playoffs were pretty bad, and likely due to wear and tear through all those hard minutes he played.

And so less staggering of those guys and more trust in Dalano and Malachi should be in order. If we don't trust those two kids, well then that's the way it goes. Just sucks that we didn't get some veteran playmaker to help us out in case they do suck this year.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

would you want that??? If it happens this season for the RIGHT package OG and Trent.. sure or Fred and Trent... anything more no thanks
          Well by mid season we can better gauge how good this team is really is.

So far it's only speculation.

Comment

I'm sure Malachi and Banton will get their chances, but I have my doubts about either really claiming a top 9 spot (we probably won't run consistently 10 deep). Same for Koloko, unless he really surprises.

i think koloko maay maay get a few chances here and there... but no offence to flynn or banton but barnes development has only so many pathways and one is with gary on the bench.. the other is with barnes running the second unit.

I agree with thad, otto, and boucher being more essential for the system

Comment

Well by mid season we can better gauge how good this team is really is.

So far it's only speculation.
              of course but still the question remains.. i feel like i'm turned off by KD

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                of course but still the question remains.. i feel like i'm turned off by KD
                Today you are.

Comment

Today you are.
                  that is true

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Coach Thibs (I mean Nick) will have no issues playing our guys 40+ mpg. But the better scenario for all would be to see him reduce those minutes down to around 35mpg. Fred's injuries going into the playoffs were pretty bad, and likely due to wear and tear through all those hard minutes he played.

And so less staggering of those guys and more trust in Dalano and Malachi should be in order. If we don't trust those two kids, well then that's the way it goes. Just sucks that we didn't get some veteran playmaker to help us out in case they do suck this year.

I’m all for guys playing fewer minutes and the good news is we can easily do that by staggering guys. No need to go ten deep to reduce the load. So long as we are 8-9 deep instead of 6 deep like much of last year that’s a problem that should be easy to resolve.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I’m all for guys playing fewer minutes and the good news is we can easily do that by staggering guys. No need to go ten deep to reduce the load. So long as we are 8-9 deep instead of 6 deep like much of last year that’s a problem that should be easy to resolve.
                      It will be good if we are able give some of the guys farther rest in between long road trips and back to back games as well.

The first 12 games of the season are going to be very difficult before the schedule eases up, i can see the top 6 getting heavy minutes to start the year.

Comment

• Well the Lakers are signing Schroder for 1 year $2.4 million. My guess if the Raptors were in on it, they would have offered him a bit more for 1 year to shore up the bench unit. I don't think Schroder likes playing defense as he didn't do as well in the Celtics system but on the Lakers he can chuck away and hope some sucker team will pay him that big contract he turned away over a year ago.

Comment

Well the Lakers are signing Schroder for 1 year $2.4 million. My guess if the Raptors were in on it, they would have offered him a bit more for 1 year to shore up the bench unit. I don't think Schroder likes playing defense as he didn't do as well in the Celtics system but on the Lakers he can chuck away and hope some sucker team will pay him that big contract he turned away over a year ago.

The Lakers are kind of an odd choice of landing spot for a player that's ostensibly a point guard or perhaps a combo guard, given that Lebron is going to be the primary ball-handler and initiator much/most of the time, and Westbrook will likely eat up a lot of minutes in the point guard/shooting guard role being ball dominant as well. (I don't think the Lakers will be able to trade him away, either.)

I mean, there are still reasons one might go to the Lakers anyway, I suppose, but surely there were better spots on other teams for him if he was signing this contract with the goal of playing for his next contract?

Comment

Maybe.. we'd have to rely more on Malachi or Dalano to get an extra ball handler on the floor when Pascal, Scottie and Fred can't play or need a rest. That's not something we did much of last year.

Knock on wood we have a healthier season then the last 2-3. Its a big reason why I have them #1 in the East since I have this feeling that the injury gods will be coming through for us this season.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

The Lakers are kind of an odd choice of landing spot for a player that's ostensibly a point guard or perhaps a combo guard, given that Lebron is going to be the primary ball-handler and initiator much/most of the time, and Westbrook will likely eat up a lot of minutes in the point guard/shooting guard role being ball dominant as well. (I don't think the Lakers will be able to trade him away, either.)

I mean, there are still reasons one might go to the Lakers anyway, I suppose, but surely there were better spots on other teams for him if he was signing this contract with the goal of playing for his next contract?
                              He has been on the Lakers already.. and averaged 5.8 assists per game while playing with Lebron. He had a pretty good season and rejected an $84M contract because he wanted more. Ultimately he ended up taking a MLE contract to prove himself in Boston and it didn't work at all.

I suspect he feels he could get back to that level he was at in 2020-2021 by going back to the same team that once offered him $84M.

Comment

Well the Lakers are signing Schroder for 1 year $2.4 million. My guess if the Raptors were in on it, they would have offered him a bit more for 1 year to shore up the bench unit. I don't think Schroder likes playing defense as he didn't do as well in the Celtics system but on the Lakers he can chuck away and hope some sucker team will pay him that big contract he turned away over a year ago.

Not a big deal. Never been a fan of Schroeder. #Trash
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X