Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    is that the good Bogdonavic going to the Pistons? Even if it's the other one, they're building things
    they're both good. detroit is trading for the significantly older one on an expiring deal

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

apparently they're not married according to nia long's wikipedia, so i doubt they figure to get married now.

anywho i've read this morning the team is considering up to a year-long suspension. if a transgression is bad enough to warrant a year-long suspension you may as well just fire the guy. not firing the guy is likely to cause more turmoil next season as they transition from interim coach back to ime (would he come back for the playoffs after sitting out the regular season?) than if they just shitcanned him.

couldn't have happened to a team i hate more
      Not sure how serious the issue is, but I don't think they will fire him since he's viewed as one of the best young coaches in the league and just lead that team to the finals. It's like the Miles Bridges situation in Charlotte where they should probable release him over those domestic violence charges but he's a really good player and someone else is going to pick him up right away if they do.

Comment

• For the entire season? dayum! I was thinking 10 games maybe 25. But the entire year? there has to be something more there.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• If this was consensual then I'm not sure why there was a problem. If anything it would be personal with his and his spouse/partner and his kids.

The argument is that Udoko could do favours for this woman and end up having some kind of power trip. But that doesn't make much sense either considering nepotism exists in sports.

In football Belichick's kid is on the sidelines with him as an assistant coach. So couldn't he be doing him favours over other coaches? Maybe New England should suspend Belichick as well.

Comment

• Olynyk getting traded from Detroit to Utah for Bogdanovic. I would love to see the Raps check in on Kelly to see if he's available. I would do a Boucher for Kelly straight up. Money works although Kelly is signed for one less year and Boucher's deal is a declining salary. I think with our Roster KO fits better, Playmaking Center off the bench with good 3 point shooting.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Could be there is some type of policy within the Celtics organization or the NBA.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                If this was consensual then I'm not sure why there was a problem. If anything it would be personal with his and his spouse/partner and his kids.

The argument is that Udoko could do favours for this woman and end up having some kind of power trip. But that doesn't make much sense either considering nepotism exists in sports.

In football Belichick's kid is on the sidelines with him as an assistant coach. So couldn't he be doing him favours over other coaches? Maybe New England should suspend Belichick as well.
                If it's a coworker there are many workplaces with rules in place about that (especially have to be careful around power structures and not many more powerful positions in organizations than an NBA head coach has), not weird at all that it wouldn't just be a personal issue. Nothing to do with the cheating (although that doesn't look great and I'm sure the team is pissed to be near a story like that), just the relationship alone is likely the problem.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  Olynyk getting traded from Detroit to Utah for Bogdanovic. I would love to see the Raps check in on Kelly to see if he's available. I would do a Boucher for Kelly straight up. Money works although Kelly is signed for one less year and Boucher's deal is a declining salary. I think with our Roster KO fits better, Playmaking Center off the bench with good 3 point shooting.
                  I think the Raps like Boucher a lot and would not be looking to trade him for Kelly.

Now, a Flynn and Khem sort of package? Would Utah take a deal like that to take a swing on a guy on his rookie deal along with maybe a 2nd rounder?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                    For the entire season? dayum! I was thinking 10 games maybe 25. But the entire year? there has to be something more there.

Kind of harsh if it was consensual. Is he suspended with or without pay? Sounds like an office romance. Didn't the T-Wolves ex-GM get fired for the same thing?

Managers and staff hook up all the time in the work environment. Some actually get married and have families... gasp. Seems like an over-reaction at this point, but I don't know the details. Great to see the Celtics in turmoil already. lol.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                      For the entire season? dayum! I was thinking 10 games maybe 25. But the entire year? there has to be something more there.

This is beyond hilarious and stupid.
                      Hold on second, u can't have a relationship.
                      Wtf...listen if he crossed the line and she said no, than I can understand, but it was consensual relationship.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                        Olynyk getting traded from Detroit to Utah for Bogdanovic. I would love to see the Raps check in on Kelly to see if he's available. I would do a Boucher for Kelly straight up. Money works although Kelly is signed for one less year and Boucher's deal is a declining salary. I think with our Roster KO fits better, Playmaking Center off the bench with good 3 point shooting.
                        Can we trade for Olynyk now? or better yet Markkanen.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Udoka thing is kinda weird to me, but maybe more details need to come out to justify it? Unless the relationship was a direct report to him or like an assistant or part of training staff I could see it. But at that point you got to just fire him.
                          If Celtics are sending the coach away who just got them to the finals for sleeping with say a member of the front office or P.R team and it was consensual it seems iffy.
                          To me it seems like it has to be worse then currently reported and Celtics are trying to get ahead of it
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

If it's a coworker there are many workplaces with rules in place about that (especially have to be careful around power structures and not many more powerful positions in organizations than an NBA head coach has), not weird at all that it wouldn't just be a personal issue. Nothing to do with the cheating (although that doesn't look great and I'm sure the team is pissed to be near a story like that), just the relationship alone is likely the problem.
                            The power structure rule should apply to close personal relationships too then.. like between siblings, or with children and/or parents. I'm not quite sure why there is a different standard for those then if a relationship was more sexual in nature.

It just feels like some kind of double standard.

My feeling is that if you don't allow relationships like these.. then nepotism shouldn't exist either. But nobody really blinks an eye if a coach hires his son to be an assistant. When that's a pretty powerful relationship too. Maybe even more so than with a sexual partner since that's a blood relationship.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

yup this is why the players can't mess around with the cheerleaders and vice versa

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

The power structure rule should apply to close personal relationships too then.. like between siblings, or with children and/or parents. I'm not quite sure why there is a different standard for those then if a relationship was more sexual in nature.

It just feels like some kind of double standard.

My feeling is that if you don't allow relationships like these.. then nepotism shouldn't exist either. But nobody really blinks an eye if a coach hires his son to be an assistant. When that's a pretty powerful relationship too. Maybe even more so than with a sexual partner since that's a blood relationship.
                                nepotism shouldn't but it does sadly.

in terms of siblings and children vs the boss .. its different... and can become an HR nightmare...

Comment

Working...
                                X