Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Can we trade for Olynyk now? or better yet Markkanen.
    defence defence defence

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
      Olynyk getting traded from Detroit to Utah for Bogdanovic. I would love to see the Raps check in on Kelly to see if he's available. I would do a Boucher for Kelly straight up. Money works although Kelly is signed for one less year and Boucher's deal is a declining salary. I think with our Roster KO fits better, Playmaking Center off the bench with good 3 point shooting.
      kelly is a smarter player but boucher overall has much better defensive potential

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Kind of harsh if it was consensual. Is he suspended with or without pay? Sounds like an office romance. Didn't the T-Wolves ex-GM get fired for the same thing?

Managers and staff hook up all the time in the work environment. Some actually get married and have families... gasp. Seems like an over-reaction at this point, but I don't know the details. Great to see the Celtics in turmoil already. lol.
        It does seem like a harsh punishment which might mean there is more to the story than currently released. Maybe the female staff person was an underage intern or they were caught snorting coke off a naked leprechaun....

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          Olynyk getting traded from Detroit to Utah for Bogdanovic. I would love to see the Raps check in on Kelly to see if he's available. I would do a Boucher for Kelly straight up. Money works although Kelly is signed for one less year and Boucher's deal is a declining salary. I think with our Roster KO fits better, Playmaking Center off the bench with good 3 point shooting.
          Eww.. Boucher is so underrated around these parts. Despite how poorly he started the season last year, he was still one our best players analytically. He drives wins for this team, even if it doesn't feel like it.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It does seem like a harsh punishment which might mean there is more to the story than currently released. Maybe the female staff person was an underage intern or they were caught snorting coke off a naked leprechaun....
            Its Boston, probably happened around St Patrick Day.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

defence defence defence
              Shooting shooting shooting
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I think we unlocked something with boucher and thad and I want to see how that plays out. But I wouldnt mind using Chris as a deadline trade piece for the right guy
                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Shooting shooting shooting
                  playmaking leads to better shots.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    If this was consensual then I'm not sure why there was a problem. If anything it would be personal with his and his spouse/partner and his kids.

The argument is that Udoko could do favours for this woman and end up having some kind of power trip. But that doesn't make much sense either considering nepotism exists in sports.

In football Belichick's kid is on the sidelines with him as an assistant coach. So couldn't he be doing him favours over other coaches? Maybe New England should suspend Belichick as well.
                    It's not for having an affair, it's not for consensual/non-consensual reasons nor nepotism. It's for the team policy of no relationships between employees to avoid the "power-over-another/coercion" stuff going on everywhere. It's not a bad policy but it's rooted in 2020'sism.

Comment

The power structure rule should apply to close personal relationships too then.. like between siblings, or with children and/or parents. I'm not quite sure why there is a different standard for those then if a relationship was more sexual in nature.

It just feels like some kind of double standard.

My feeling is that if you don't allow relationships like these.. then nepotism shouldn't exist either. But nobody really blinks an eye if a coach hires his son to be an assistant. When that's a pretty powerful relationship too. Maybe even more so than with a sexual partner since that's a blood relationship.
                      I agree and then totally disagree with you on this one. Unless the Coach is having sex with his "siblings, children and/or parents"
                      This rule is all about avoidng sexual coercion/balance of power in the climate we live in.

They want to avoid people feeling they have to do certain things (including not report things or even break up again) when there is a second relationship between the two parties (boss)

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Comment

Eww.. Boucher is so underrated around these parts. Despite how poorly he started the season last year, he was still one our best players analytically. He drives wins for this team, even if it doesn't feel like it.

On the "aesthetically pleasing NBA player skill" scale, Kyrie Irving is probably a 10 and Boucher is likely a -10.

People can't mentally get over the fact that Boucher can be so effective at driving wins, while looking awkward AF.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I agree and then totally disagree with you on this one. Unless the Coach is having sex with his "siblings, children and/or parents"
                            This rule is all about avoidng sexual coercion/balance of power in the climate we live in.

They want to avoid people feeling they have to do certain things (including not report things or even break up again) when there is a second relationship between the two parties (boss)
                            That sentiment is pretty old fashioned in my opinion. Assuming they were being adults and didn't do anything inappropriate in the work place then they should be able to do what they want in their private life. If someone crossed a line and did something inappropriately in the workplace, then they should be punished. As far as I know Udoko didn't have sex in his office.

If they breakup and it sours the workplace, then again take action. But before that happens, they should be allowed to do what they want to do.

If we're bringing a balance of power into the equation, then that still holds for a parent to child. Many fathers have power over their kids. Or can grant special favours that other members of the work force can't get.

Comment

• Okay twitter rumour is that Udoka had a relationship with not one, but two Celtic employees. One of which was married to a Celtic VP. So if this is true, it makes way more sense that he'd be suspended. What an idiot if true.

Comment

Okay twitter rumour is that Udoka had a relationship with not one, but two Celtic employees. One of which was married to a Celtic VP. So if this is true, it makes way more sense that he'd be suspended. What an idiot if true.
                                oh damn

Comment

Working...
                                X