Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post

None of them are "that guy", but of course Barnes has alot of hype around him being in the top tier of nba stars/superstars and he can eventually become "that guy".

The championship ceiling of this team does depend on Barnes and Precious. Fred, Pascal and OG are most likely going to be who they are. Maybe Pascal does become top 10 player and that pushes the team further. Fred will probably continue to be a borderline All-star, OG is a perfect 3&D guy. Scottie and Precious are the unknowns. Their ceilings are high with Barnes being a superstar talent.
    Yeah, it's a big question mark and neither guy is anywhere close right now. Sometimes I think because we had the opportunity to watch Kawhi close up and the way he developed from a non star to a top 5 player that it will be easily attainable for Barnes. The odds are heavily against that happening from a numbers standpoint.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Precious is 100% supposed to be a Center. We expect everyone to switch on defense not for everyone to play Center.
      Man, it’s really hard to get people out of the positions box.

Comment

• When a team averages ~100 PPG, 80+ isn't comng from 4 players each knocking down 20.
        And if you have 2 or 3 getting 20, adding a 4th generally comes at the expense of 1 or 2 of the former's shots....
        OG for one, will not average 20 PPG. And I think Fred gets less usage and won't either nor be an All-Star.

Having said that, I'm looking for solid seasons or leaps in output from Pascal and Scotty, hopeful for Achiuwa and a return to strong bench play; I think we have the potential to really outplay other benches.

Can't wait to get started....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Man, it’s really hard to get people out of the positions box.
          I think what that means is on the defensive side.
          Precious will be guarding the opponent's centers, so he is our center.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I think what that means is on the defensive side.
            Precious will be guarding the opponent's centers, so he is our center.
            Yes, this.

Precious is being developed as a Center and is not being developed to be Siakam, which is what started this whole back and forth.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yes, this.

Precious is being developed as a Center and is not being developed to be Siakam, which is what started this whole back and forth.
              I think the point being made was that the Raptors might want Precious to continue to develop his off the dribble game, and think he has the upside to be a primary shot creator like Siakam has become.

I disagree entirely with that premise, but I don't think it has anything to do with who is guarding who on the defensive end. We already know Precious is a very switchable high impact defender.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Precious D is great but I dont trust him under pressure. Hes a guy that will miss a huge gimme when it counts in the playoffs. I thought it was gonna happen last playoffs but he did do an 0-2 from the stripe in the dying minutes of the elimination game. Hope Im wrong but Im worried

https://youtu.be/ieAvrNCVb3A
                Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Thu Sep 29, 2022, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  Precious D is great but I dont trust him under pressure. Hes a guy that will miss a huge gimme when it counts in the playoffs. I thought it was gonna happen last playoffs but he did do an 0-2 from the stripe in the dying minutes of the elimination game. Hope Im wrong but Im worried

I was very critical of hands-of-stone Achiuwa early and I feel tightly so, I was of OG too, a real lack of polish/finish from each of them even as rookies. OG has come along slowly, still not a finished product (I hope) and Achiuwa progressed last season from horr-awful to decent. To my mind, he has a higher ceiling than OG offensively and I think will be given more rein to develop that aspect of his game. tbh, Pascal Scotty and Fred aren't the cocky A+ ball handlers we need either but collectivelyt get it done.

Comment

• Precious does not have "hands-of-stone"

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      Precious does not have "hands-of-stone"
                      just biyombo hands

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

just biyombo hands
                        Remind me of Biyombo's 3pt shooting %

Comment

• Precious is nothing like Biyombo and his stone hands. Precious can catch at a decent rate. He has to work on the shooting but there's been plenty of positive signs there. He's very young still, but has already shown way more than Biz.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Not saying he was better but its attitude and confidence when it counts. Bismack had that in spades

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                              Precious D is great but I dont trust him under pressure. Hes a guy that will miss a huge gimme when it counts in the playoffs. I thought it was gonna happen last playoffs but he did do an 0-2 from the stripe in the dying minutes of the elimination game. Hope Im wrong but Im worried

Why i prefer Gary over him closing games

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Remind me of Biyombo's 3pt shooting %
                                so here is the thing when I say biyombo hands its because biyombo had trouble with his free throws and his ability to finish around the basket if it wasn't a dunk. This describes Precious ... for at minimum 3/4 of the year if you are being honest. Early on he even had trouble catching the damn ball at times.

now am I saying he = biyombo.. obviously not

Comment

Working...
                                X