Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

It was a money saving move for OKC more than anything. They got Chriss back in the trade, and I believe they still have Muscala. I don't think Favors was going to get much playing time anyway.. and I don't think the Rockets will use him either.

Not sure how significant the savings are as they had a few guys coming back as well.

Clearly they want to remain in the lottery this season and if you're going to do that you're going to take your best shot at VW. I don't think I've seen this much hype around a draft pick since LeBron.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Not sure how significant the savings are as they had a few guys coming back as well.

Clearly they want to remain in the lottery this season and if you're going to do that you're going to take your best shot at VW. I don't think I've seen this much hype around a draft pick since LeBron.

OKC saved $7.3M. Favors wasn't going to make enough of a difference to allow OKC to gain more wins. He's not that good anymore.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Finally something good out of ESPN that isn't hot garbage.

This feels fairly plausible, actually. I'm a little surprised their analysis doesn't rank Boston higher (based on talent level and recent performance), but maybe they're factoring in current injuries and past injury history.

I think that if this forecast is anywhere close to correct, it definitely points to the potential for younger teams like us and the Cavs to jump up in the standings if they develop ahead of schedule and/or outperform compared to the previous year's performance.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

OKC saved $7.3M. Favors wasn't going to make enough of a difference to allow OKC to gain more wins. He's not that good anymore.
          Well best of luck to Poku and Muscala over the 82.

I wonder what Shai is thinking going into his 5th season and what OKC's plans are for him? Is he a part of their future or will any of the other teams in the VW sweepstakes be able to get him from OKC for their FRP?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Well best of luck to Poku and Muscala over the 82.

I wonder what Shai is thinking going into his 5th season and what OKC's plans are for him? Is he a part of their future or will any of the other teams in the VW sweepstakes be able to get him from OKC for their FRP?
            He is their best player, but how much losing will Shai take?

This will be OKC's 3rd year of tanking. If they tank next season as well for some reason, that will be year 4. Will Shai be okay with that?

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

He is their best player, but how much losing will Shai take?

This will be OKC's 3rd year of tanking. If they tank next season as well for some reason, that will be year 4. Will Shai be okay with that?
              It doesn't matter what Shai wants, because he signed on for 5 years, which is just starting now. We just saw that an uber-elite superstar like KD had no leverage because of his contract. Not easy to force your way out, on your own terms, unless the player is under 2 years away from free agency.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

It doesn't matter what Shai wants, because he signed on for 5 years, which is just starting now. We just saw that an uber-elite superstar like KD had no leverage because of his contract. Not easy to force your way out, on your own terms, unless the player is under 2 years away from free agency.
                Its not happening any time soon. Probably in 2 or 3 years. It'll be interesting, especially if they don't end up getting Victor next draft.

Comment

also if shai refuses to play to try to force OKC's hand, it won't work because sitting on his couch is how OKC prefers to use him

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

This feels fairly plausible, actually. I'm a little surprised their analysis doesn't rank Boston higher (based on talent level and recent performance), but maybe they're factoring in current injuries and past injury history.
                    Factoring losing their head coach to scandal that could take some of the air out.

Boston is a weird club where last season they started badly and than finished strong. Previous seasons they had lots of up's & downs.

Things needed to start smoothly in Boston. Not having their head coach around, the fresh scandal that will follow the team early instead of talking just basketball is a problem (if they stumble early on, this is what the media will focus on). Losing their centre Williams to injury for a few months which will result in 36 year old Horford probably requiring to play more minutes instead of conserving him and easing into the season is not ideal (some depth lost with losing Gallinari to injuries too). Jaylen Brown being offered for Durant is still a relationship that may still need repairs as he took it hard.

Never the less they still poised to be somewhere in the top but they might not be running away from everybody else to a 55-60 win team.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

also if shai refuses to play to try to force OKC's hand, it won't work because sitting on his couch is how OKC prefers to use him

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

I think that if this forecast is anywhere close to correct, it definitely points to the potential for younger teams like us and the Cavs to jump up in the standings if they develop ahead of schedule and/or outperform compared to the previous year's performance.
                        I've got espn+ so here is the blurb on Boston ranking. Keep in mind this is a stats based ranking using the prior 3 years of data.

Even with Danilo Gallinari sidelined due to an ACL tear in his left knee that will surely cost him the entire season and Robert Williams III out an extended period following knee surgery, the Celtics have a rock-solid top seven with the addition of Malcolm Brogdon. Additional injuries are a concern with Boston's depth dropping off quickly, but the team has the NBA's best projection by more than four wins after finishing 2021-22 with the league's second-best point differential and reaching the NBA Finals.

Comment

• Our best bet at Shai anytime soon is he comes back this season and OKC starts winning games and move out of position for Victor. That's the only thing I could see making OKC consider moving Shai.

Comment

I think there is a big difference from a player like KD vs Shai. That's age.

The issue with KD is that a team had to essentially trade the farm for 4 years of KD. We don't know where he ends up at the end of his contract, ability wise, but you would be paying him like he was in his prime.

Shai on the other hand is not even in his prime. So trading the farm in that situation is a little more palatable. Especially knowing that he wanted to come here. (that's a big assumption, but another strike in the KD situation, we were not on his short list, so there was no guarantee he wouldn't pull the same stunt a year from now).

I think if Shai wanted to come to the Raptors, and we've already had the tweet about the Raptors are monitoring the situation, we would have the perfect storm. A young star player wants to come home to play for the Raptors and the Raptors are interested but also have the assets to get the trade done.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I think what that means is on the defensive side.
                              Precious will be guarding the opponent's centers, so he is our center.
                              He will? You sure about that?

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Remind me of Biyombo's 3pt shooting %
                                Some of the takes in here lately. Let’s start the games!

Comment

Working...
                                X