Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I remember too many games when they couldn't buy a bucket and that included Achiuwa. I'm OK with GTJr off the bench but still feel too many are undeervaluing him at his age.
    Contract. Season.

Comment

• Consider the upside of the small group is a huge sample of break even basketball including a very big sample of getting absolutely caved in to start games all year long, and I'm thinking the offence bogging down might still result in a net better outcome if the defence is there too. Meanwhile, if Scottie or Precious can be halfway a threat from the corner...
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Contract. Season.
        Considering what Tyler Herro just got and I don't think we can afford GTJ if he goes up another level.

Comment

• The Suns are losing to the Adelaide 36ers.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Considering what Tyler Herro just got and I don't think we can afford GTJ if he goes up another level.
            Damn. 4 years $130M. That's going to change Fred's deal now, for sure.

Heat have a number of potentially bad contracts on their books now: Herro, Robinson & Lowry. They better hope that Butler doesn't rapidly decline or get hurt.

Comment

• It's $120M with $10M in bonuses. Still a big amount though.

Guys like Trent, Poole, Maxxey are all going to use that as a barometer. Thanks Pat

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                It's $120M with $10M in bonuses. Still a big amount though.

Guys like Trent, Poole, Maxxey are all going to use that as a barometer. Thanks Pat
                FVV is gonna want $40M/year now. Bet on it.

Comment

• The Herro deal was done with an eye on the increasing cap. Likely the only reason he accepted a 4 year deal. These $30M contracts are going to be the same as $20M contracts are now.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not unless he signs an extension. Which he still might. I guess we'll see if he wants to continue to bet on himself or not.

Comment

Bet
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Herro contract has more importance for guys like Poole cause it raised that rookie extension bar at that tier from about $100 million. Herro is 22 and FVV is 28. The biggest loser is probably RJ Barrett whose deal now looks like a huge steal for the Knicks.

If I had to guess, Fred ends up somewhere between Brunson and Jrue, which would be fair.

Comment

Not unless he signs an extension. Which he still might. I guess we'll see if he wants to continue to bet on himself or not.
                          From what I understand, his extension could only be low 30's if he signs this off-season. (Dan, help pls).

FVV's extension was very close to being finalized.... from reports very early in the off-season. Wonder where that deal is now? If he doesn't sign the extension, then he's going to full free agency next season and looking for a much bigger payday.

Comment

From what I understand, his extension could only be low 30's if he signs this off-season. (Dan, help pls).

FVV's extension was very close to being finalized.... from reports very early in the off-season. Wonder where that deal is now? If he doesn't sign the extension, then he's going to full free agency next season and looking for a much bigger payday.
                            The most he can get off an extension is 8% raises.. which would be about $111M for 4 years.. or about $28M/year.

If he opts out of his deal and becomes a UFA, he can get up to 30% of the cap as his starting point, and then 8% raises after that. The cap is expected to be at $134M next season, so 30% of that becomes $40M as a starting point. No reason why he would get that.. but the smart play for him would be to opt out and get a number closer to what Herro got, then to take the extension.

Comment

The most he can get off an extension is 8% raises.. which would be about $111M for 4 years.. or about $28M/year.

If he opts out of his deal and becomes a UFA, he can get up to 30% of the cap as his starting point, and then 8% raises after that. The cap is expected to be at $134M next season, so 30% of that becomes $40M as a starting point. No reason why he would get that.. but the smart play for him would be to opt out and get a number closer to what Herro got, then to take the extension.
                              I thought it was closer to 114

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Bet
                                well hten he needs to be eligible first

Comment

Working...
                                X