Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Fred has proved his point and has won the bet.
    I doubt there's any more ceiling to his game.
    Yeah I think Fred has pretty much hit his ceiling at 20-6-4. What crazy good value he is for an undrafted player and at what he's getting paid he's totally a steal. He was a top 35 scorer in the entire league last season.

Comment

• Fred was at 6.7 assists last season, I think I'm expecting that to tick up even with his shift to more off-ball.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yeah I think Fred has pretty much hit his ceiling at 20-6-4. What crazy good value he is for an undrafted player and at what he's getting paid he's totally a steal. He was a top 35 scorer in the entire league last season.
        Yeah, the FVV deal looks really good considering what a guy like Holiday is making in Milwaukee, for example. Familiarity breeds contempt and Fred takes a lot of crap but he's a pretty good player.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Fred was at 6.7 assists last season, I think I'm expecting that to tick up even with his shift to more off-ball.
          A tick up in raw assists would be difficult.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fred has proved his point and has won the bet.
            I doubt there's any more ceiling to his game.
            Not sure why you quoted my post there. ..... Whether Fred's game improves any further or not, there's a massive difference between the 100/110 million dollar contract he could sign now vs the 130 he's close to guaranteed if he just keeps playing as he always has.

And he could end up making more than that. I'd much rather have Fred than Herro.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Not sure why you quoted my post there. ..... Whether Fred's game improves any further or not, there's a massive difference between the 100/110 million dollar contract he could sign now vs the 130 he's close to guaranteed if he just keeps playing as he always has.

And he could end up making more than that. I'd much rather have Fred than Herro.
              Yep, the Herro deal is the absolute floor for Fred now. If he signs the extension he'd be doing us a huge favor. When the cap jumps Fred at anything below $30m will be an absolute steal.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yep, the Herro deal is the absolute floor for Fred now. If he signs the extension he'd be doing us a huge favor. When the cap jumps Fred at anything below $30m will be an absolute steal.
                If only athletes were in the business of taking massive cuts to help their squads out.

Come on Freddy, do us a solid...

Comment

• This reminds me of the offseason the summer before the 2016 cap jump. JV was eligible for an extension and I had completely given up on hope he would sign one, because the money was going to be wacky the following summer and he was definitely going to get a huge deal. Then near the end of the summer he got spooked by a super minor injury and signed for 16M AAV.

Sometimes guys want to lock in the payday. Not always, not even most often, but often enough that it's hard to say a guy is doing anything as a favour to the team. It really comes down to known security vs potential payday. Everyone's decision-making is different in those scenarios, and even changes as careers progress.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I feel like Fred has peaked and his game is only going to regress now.
                    He is still a good player, but we can no longer expect him to be an allstar type,
                    therefore it's probably to his advantage if he signs the 100/110 million now instead of betting on himself once again.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      This reminds me of the offseason the summer before the 2016 cap jump. JV was eligible for an extension and I had completely given up on hope he would sign one, because the money was going to be wacky the following summer and he was definitely going to get a huge deal. Then near the end of the summer he got spooked by a super minor injury and signed for 16M AAV.

Sometimes guys want to lock in the payday. Not always, not even most often, but often enough that it's hard to say a guy is doing anything as a favour to the team. It really comes down to known security vs potential payday. Everyone's decision-making is different in those scenarios, and even changes as careers progress.
                      Just think of the money Fred could make on merchandizing --

Entirely revamp his slogan to...

CASH IN YOUR CHIPS

Comment

I feel like Fred has peaked and his game is only going to regress now.
                        He is still a good player, but we can no longer expect him to be an allstar type,
                        therefore it's probably to his advantage if he signs the 100/110 million now instead of betting on himself once again.
                        Good luck with that.

Peaked or not. He's 28 years old.

How many times does this need to be stated: Fred's the same age Kyle was when We The North began.

He needs to add literally nothing to his game and can still afford to take a step back in terms of role and he's not getting less than $130 if he waits for it.

If he gets injured, sure maybe he gets less. That's the gamble.
                        Betting his game is gonna regress and he should clamour for the $110? Straight up idiotic.

Comment

If only athletes were in the business of taking massive cuts to help their squads out.

Come on Freddy, do us a solid...

lol It's probably going to be Fred last big contract. After that he is going to be 32-33 years old and will be getting short term deals as he isn't exactly an athletic guy as is and those guys tend to break down faster with age.

I don't think he will sign that extension now but opt to free agency and than negotiate a better deal with or without the Raptors. It's also important to Fred to see how he fits this year with the rest of the 6'9 squad and what his role is going to be like. He might not like it as much if NN wants the ball less in his hands and be more of a SG.

Comment

• Comment

No salary cap on technical bells and whistles. If they help a team improve, money in the bank. Pay for more and better staff, facilities, health support staff, etc. Amazing that every team doesn't do that. Jumbotrons don't need load management or a certain level of respect and role or they quit working.

Comment

• Freds numbers are comparable to when he signed in 2020. He took less shots and shot better percentage in 2020 though and of course he was younger. From what I remember there weren’t many suitors then except from the knicks

Im not so sure gms will be lining up to pay him 130M

Comment

Working...
                                X