Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Is this more or less useful than a giant rock?

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
      Freds numbers are comparable to when he signed in 2020. He took less shots and shot better percentage in 2020 though and of course he was younger. From what I remember there weren’t many suitors then except from the knicks

Im not so sure gms will be lining up to pay him 130M
      New TV deal is incoming.

He made All-star

Proved he could lead a team without Lowry.

I think we're nuts to think he will be taking a similar deal, or not paying him what's he's worth in the market.
      Masai likes asset retention, even if he doesn't see a longterm fit, he keeps someone so that he can deal them later.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Is this more or less useful than a giant rock?
        Ask golden

(Take your swing, goldy .)

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Yeah I think Fred has pretty much hit his ceiling at 20-6-4. What crazy good value he is for an undrafted player and at what he's getting paid he's totally a steal. He was a top 35 scorer in the entire league last season.
          And in top 35 players in FGA’s per game he was last in FG%. Top 100 players in FGA per game fred is 97th in FG% in that group

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

New TV deal is incoming.

He made All-star

Proved he could lead a team without Lowry.

I think we're nuts to think he will be taking a similar deal, or not paying him what's he's worth in the market.
            Masai likes asset retention, even if he doesn't see a longterm fit, he keeps someone so that he can deal them later.
            I think the figure that's being discussed is 110 million now, versus130 million if he bets on himself once again.

Comment

And in top 35 players in FGA’s per game he was last in FG%. Top 100 players in FGA per game fred is 97th in FG% in that group
              Bit basic to look at FG%.

Fred's game is largely outside, so we shouldn't be surprised he has a lower FG%. His 3's are worth more than a lot of guys 2's.

And we saw other metrics this summer, as I recall, showing us that in many respects Fred is one of the greatest shooters in the game.

Comment

Bit basic to look at FG%.

Fred's game is largely outside, so we shouldn't be surprised he has a lower FG%. His 3's are worth more than a lot of guys 2's.

And we saw other metrics this summer, as I recall, showing us that in many respects Fred is one of the greatest shooters in the game.
                To a degree. 97/100 though?

fred 4th in 3PTFGA and 21st 3PTFG% out of top 25 players in 3PTFGA. And is it a safe bet that those 25 have a better game inside the 3 on top of it?
                Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Tue Oct 4, 2022, 06:22 PM.

Comment

fred 4th in 3PTFGA and 21st 3PTFG% out of top 25 players in 3PTFGA. And is it a safe bet that those 25 have a better game inside the 3 on top of it?
                  These are the metrics I was referring to, posted by Trex this summer...

Is Fred a perfect player? No.

Is Fred a very good player that excels in a great many ways in important aspects of the game and helps your team win. Yes.

Guys like Trae have an outside game as well, yes, and can score at the rim with relative ease, where Fred can't, sure.

Can Trae play D though? He sure can't. Not for shit. Different players. ... Pointing to fg% as an incredibly indicative stat is a bit shortsighted/silly, imo. A lot of guys on those lists are forwards and centres and would be playing largely inside and have significantly higher fg% accordingly.

I just don't agree the teams won't be ready to pay Fred what he's worth on the open market... Fred is really only entering his prime, with a FVMP vote, championship, all star appearance on his resume, and teams are gonna be looking at him as an extremely useful player -- even a culture setter. (Cause we have one of, if not the best cultures around -- and Fred is a massive part of that.)

Would you rather have Herro or Fred? Like it or not, the salary bar keeps raising. It's just been raised again.
                  Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Tue Oct 4, 2022, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Not sure where you got 21st from. Of the top 25 players in 3pt attempts, he was 9th in 3pt%.. right behind Steph who was 8th.
                    https://www.nba.com/stats/players/tr...A&sort=FG3_PCT

If you meant 3pt attempts per game, and not total.. he was 10th in 3pt%.. again right behind Steph who was 9th

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

No salary cap on technical bells and whistles. If they help a team improve, money in the bank. Pay for more and better staff, facilities, health support staff, etc. Amazing that every team doesn't do that. Jumbotrons don't need load management or a certain level of respect and role or they quit working.

Good, quick read.

And Lewenberg stole yer line, Puff.

Pretty dope, the shot tracking technology they have now.

Siakam seems .... unconvinced? ha. ... said it's distracting. ... Might not be a bad thing to be met with some distractions in the gym though, as there are plenty of distractions to face in game, as well.

Comment

Good, quick read.

And Lewenberg stole yer line, Puff.

Pretty dope, the shot tracking technology they have now.

Siakam seems .... unconvinced? ha. ... said it's distracting. ... Might not be a bad thing to be met with some distractions in the gym though, as there are plenty of distractions to face in game, as well.

Hear me out guys, a giant rock, and we pound it.

Who needs groundbreaking technology when you could be pounding a large rock?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Hear me out guys, a giant rock, and we pound it.

Who needs groundbreaking technology when you could be pounding a large rock?
                          Joking aside, I don’t wanna dance on a man’s grave, as it were.

I got lots of love for Case. And I got no problem with symbolic motivators.

But yeah, I’m optimistic about the potential benefits of this new OVO-mega computer.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Not sure where you got 21st from. Of the top 25 players in 3pt attempts, he was 9th in 3pt%.. right behind Steph who was 8th.

If you meant 3pt attempts per game, and not total.. he was 10th in 3pt%.. again right behind Steph who was 9th
                            I apologize. I was lookin at 20/21

Comment

• Watching Wembanyama vs Scoot Henderson. My analysis - this is DEFINITELY the perfect year to tank.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Watching Wembanyama vs Scoot Henderson. My analysis - this is DEFINITELY the perfect year to tank.
                                And this ia definitely the year to target the tanking team's best players.

Comment

Working...
                                X