Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

And this ia definitely the year to target the tanking team's best players.
    The only tanking team that I can think of right now is Utah. And the only player that I like on that team is Markkanen.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
      Watching Wembanyama vs Scoot Henderson. My analysis - this is DEFINITELY the perfect year to tank.
      Not a lot of teams are clearly tanking this season as there have been in the past. Utah, OKC and San Antonio for sure will be at the bottom for sure.

Washington and Sacramento are teams that may decide to join in as well.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Not a lot of teams are clearly tanking this season as there have been in the past. Utah, OKC and San Antonio for sure will be at the bottom for sure.

After the all-star break, the tanking will get shameless.

Comment

• Is it just me who thinks that the Jazz is not that bad as it is constructed right now?

Comment

• Wembanyama's teammate...

Comment

The only tanking team that I can think of right now is Utah. And the only player that I like on that team is Markkanen.
              pacers with turner... spurs with poeltl or doug mcdermott ... orlando maybe washington maybe

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                Is it just me who thinks that the Jazz is not that bad as it is constructed right now?
                Who is their best player, 34 year old Mike Conley or 36 year old Rudy Gay? If there is any chance the Jazz rally behind those guys and start winning their management will shut it down right away. There is a lot riding on them hitting the jackpot in this draft or at the least landing in the top 2.

Comment

Who is their best player, 34 year old Mike Conley or 36 year old Rudy Gay? If there is any chance the Jazz rally behind those guys and start winning their management will shut it down right away. There is a lot riding on them hitting the jackpot in this draft or at the least landing in the top 2.
                  Well, I see Sexton as a guy who could become their best player. The guy was averaging 24 points a game one year ago and is only 23 years old. A couple other guys can be good scorers on this team, other than Conley and Gay. Clarkson, Beasley, Markkanen... and after them there is a couple of other legitimate NBA players like NAW, Olynyk, Vanderbilt, Horton-Tucker and so on... I just don't see this group as a losing one, at least intentionally.

Comment

• I think Utah wins more than Ainge wants too. If I had to guess, the worst teams will likely be San Antonio, Indiana and OKC.

It's going to get ugly one way or another after the all-star break.

Comment

I forgot about San Antonio. They're a tanking team for sure. OKC is not going to tank. They're going to try to win especially with all the SGA rumours. Another losing season and SGA might ask for a trade.

But back to Wembanyama. I saw some KD in his game and some Giannis as well. Golden keeps comparing him to Zinger. I didn't see none of that. My ONLY concern with him is health. Guys that tall rarely stays healthy.

Scoot Henderson btw is a stud as well.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I forgot about San Antonio. They're a tanking team for sure. OKC is not going to tank. They're going to try to win especially with all the SGA rumours. Another losing season and SGA might ask for a trade.

But back to Wembanyama. I saw some KD in his game and some Giannis as well. Golden keeps comparing him to Zinger. I didn't see none of that. My ONLY concern with him is health. Guys that tall rarely stays healthy.

'Yama has a lot of similarities to Zinger. Obviously the height & body type... but also the 3 & B skill. He's a more fluid Porzingis, with ball-handling. And KP is already pretty agile for his size. Let's not forget he was an All-Star before he got injured. Porzingis 3.0 is not an unreasonable comp.

Comment

• Houston, Utah, OKC, San Antonio, are all clearly tanking still.

Orlando will continue to suck and so will Detroit. Indiana doesn't have much incentive to try and win this year.

I could see the Bulls and Wizards get in on tanking if the season starts poorly. Same with Sacramento and maybe even Portland.

So realistically, 10 or 11 teams could be tanking for these 2 guys. A simple trade to downgrade talent can really ramp up those efforts.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Well, I see Sexton as a guy who could become their best player. The guy was averaging 24 points a game one year ago and is only 23 years old. A couple other guys can be good scorers on this team, other than Conley and Gay. Clarkson, Beasley, Markkanen... and after them there is a couple of other legitimate NBA players like NAW, Olynyk, Vanderbilt, Horton-Tucker and so on... I just don't see this group as a losing one, at least intentionally.
                            There's a good chance a couple of those vets don't end the season on Utah's roster. They are definitely tanking so regardless of how they might start the season, their management will step in if they aren't at the bottom of the standings.

Comment

OKC could go either way, but they've lost Chet for the season due to injury and well look at that roster...Shai, Dort and Giddey are the only NBA quality starters with a bunch of young and non-rotation players after that. They want Wembanyama and are likely willing to move Shai to try and get him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                                Houston, Utah, OKC, San Antonio, are all clearly tanking still.

Orlando will continue to suck and so will Detroit. Indiana doesn't have much incentive to try and win this year.

I could see the Bulls and Wizards get in on tanking if the season starts poorly. Same with Sacramento and maybe even Portland.

So realistically, 10 or 11 teams could be tanking for these 2 guys. A simple trade to downgrade talent can really ramp up those efforts.
                                Bulls might be too invested in their core to tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X