Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The only tanking team that I can think of right now is Utah. And the only player that I like on that team is Markkanen.
    Don't count OKC out, bro.
    This is their specialty.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Wembanyama's teammate...

I hope this dude is not as soft as Ben Simmons.

Comment

Wembanyama's teammate...

I need that jersey.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Good, quick read.

And Lewenberg stole yer line, Puff. ...
          Sweet. I've been saying that for years and the Raptors have been leading the league in ways to pay for an advantage without affecting their salary cap. Some big time creative thinkers in their organization.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

I need that jersey.
              Is this you? lol. A lot attention, just because he spells his name "Steeve" instead of "Steve".

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Bulls might be too invested in their core to tank.
                I just realized Bulls don't have their pick this year, so I guess no matter how bad they are tanking is off the table.

Comment

I don't think LeBron got this much hype coming into the league (less social media back then). A lot of hype to live up to for Wembanyama.

Comment

I forgot about San Antonio. They're a tanking team for sure. OKC is not going to tank. They're going to try to win especially with all the SGA rumours. Another losing season and SGA might ask for a trade.
                    i'm not sure the SGA thing would be a huge deterrent to OKC not tanking. i think they'd happily trade him if they felt the value was there so don't think the potential of him asking for a trade changes their plans much.

The Great One wrote: View Post
                    But back to Wembanyama. I saw some KD in his game and some Giannis as well. Golden keeps comparing him to Zinger. I didn't see none of that. My ONLY concern with him is health. Guys that tall rarely stays healthy.
                    with the exception of chet, i think the tall guys that get hurt tend to be huge and can't bear the weight (yao, ilgauskas, oden, muresan, etc.). ppl acted like chet's injury was a foregone conclusion but the concern with him was how he was going to bang with bigger bodies, not that he would suffer a non-contact lisfranc ligament tear. that was a freak injury.

they're both more perimeter oriented big guys and i wouldn't be especially concerned about future injuries for either of them

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      Houston, Utah, OKC, San Antonio, are all clearly tanking still.

Orlando will continue to suck and so will Detroit.
                      orlando was pretty frisky at times last year, especially defensively, and detroit will be better with bogdanovich and year 2 cade. i think much more highly of both of them than i do about, say charlotte or the 'zards

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

orlando was pretty frisky at times last year, especially defensively, and detroit will be better with bogdanovich and year 2 cade. i think much more highly of both of them than i do about, say charlotte or the 'zards
                        Wizards are a team that is gonna shoot for playoffs hard but if things go poorly they could try to tank.
                        Charlotte I think is all in on playoffs and should make the play in.

I just think Orlando and Detroit have really far to go to not be the worst teams in the East.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I don't think LeBron got this much hype coming into the league (less social media back then). A lot of hype to live up to for Wembanyama.
                          Nah, the Lebron hype train was way bigger.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie....php?t=1545850

Comment

Nah, the Lebron hype train was way bigger.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie....php?t=1545850
                            Also Zion's was bigger even before college.

Comment

Wizards are a team that is gonna shoot for playoffs hard but if things go poorly they could try to tank.
                              Charlotte I think is all in on playoffs and should make the play in.

I just think Orlando and Detroit have really far to go to not be the worst teams in the East.
                              oh yeah i'm not saying i think the wiz or charlotte are going to set out to tank or anything, i just don't think they'll be very good. beal is overrated and i just don't think the rest of that roster holds up with the rest of the conference. charlotte lost one of their best players and were cartoonishly bad on defense last year. they hired clifford to address that and he will to a certain degree, but he's aslo a hard-ass and we'll see how that meshes with lamelo ball. i don't think 'melo is long for that franchise. i think orlando and detroit are in about the same tier as those teams with significantly higher upside and brighter futures. all four will be competitive nightly but ultimately not very good. one of them will have to sneak into the play-in i guess. i'll put my money on the pissed-ons for the 10 seed, gun to my head

indiana is the only obviously tanking team in the east. like they announced their intention to tank to the media mid-way through last year which i can't remember another team ever doing, and there's no reason to think they won't go all the way with it this year.

Comment

I just realized Bulls don't have their pick this year, so I guess no matter how bad they are tanking is off the table.
                                yeah but they may make dumb moves still

Comment

Working...
                                X