Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

"Greatest prospect in NBA history" Damn.

"Prospect" is the key word here, so it's accurate. That said... Damn. Wemby really showed out on his first big stage under the bright lights. That's what the great ones do. If Raptors come out of the gate 3-7, then I'm all for Tank-O-Rama for Wembanyama.

And, yeah, I'm revising my Porzingis comp. 'Yama plays more like a 7'4" Paul George. His skill improvement from year ago is incredible.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Have to believe that deep down this has to do with money and Draymond being upset at not getting the max contract extension he was looking for.

Because it’s always about the money with NBA players…. except Kawhi.
      No Kawhi also wants money, this is why he signed shoe deals and appears in commercials.

He was already in a position comfortable enough that he knows he can blow a tens of millions of dollars and easily make it up from the comfort of his preferred location.

Comment

• Wembanyama looks incredible but its hard to imagine that frame not getting demo’d in the long run

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
          Wembanyama looks incredible but its hard to imagine that frame not getting demo’d in the long run
          depends on what position he plays and how a team builds around him.. they could take the mobley approach and sign a big guy who is older and more built to take on the physical damage that an NBA season takes until his frame builds out... have him play the 4 spot... he is also skilled enough to potentially play the 3 as well. So there are ways to keep the damage at a minimum. The history is bad for these dudes but you hope for the best with him and you really hope he is remains healthy as can be. He clearly wants to compete. I like that.

Comment

Wembanyama looks incredible but its hard to imagine that frame not getting demo’d in the long run
            NBA is headed down a weird path. Chet is 7 feet and around 180 lbs. Victor is 7'4 and listed at 200 lbs.

Comment

Have to believe that deep down this has to do with money and Draymond being upset at not getting the max contract extension he was looking for.

Because it’s always about the money with NBA players…. except Kawhi.
              Except Kawhi? That’s a joke, right? Need the sarcasm font golden.

Comment

"Prospect" is the key word here, so it's accurate. That said... Damn. Wemby really showed out on his first big stage under the bright lights. That's what the great ones do. If Raptors come out of the gate 3-7, then I'm all for Tank-O-Rama for Wembanyama.

And, yeah, I'm revising my Porzingis comp. 'Yama plays more like a 7'4" Paul George. His skill improvement from year ago is incredible.
                He's nothing like Zinger. He's like a Giannis/KD hybrid.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I love that he's an international prospect.. but yeah.. he's going to be great. It feels like when Shaq was coming into the league.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Except Kawhi? That’s a joke, right? Need the sarcasm font golden.
                    Well, Raptors could have paid Kawhi the most money and he rejected us, was my point. But upon further review.... I see where you're coming from: Ballmer, Uncle Dennis, private jets, off-shore bank accounts, etc....

Yeah... it's always about money. No exceptions.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

He's nothing like Zinger. He's like a Giannis/KD hybrid.
                      i dont even know what he is like.. but he isn't normal

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

NBA is headed down a weird path. Chet is 7 feet and around 180 lbs. Victor is 7'4 and listed at 200 lbs.
                        And that alien-looking guy on Orlando.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i dont even know what he is like.. but he isn't normal
                          You mean he is the new normal.

Lebron was not normal back then too.
                          Or Giannis.
                          And KD.

We get an anomaly every once in a while.

Comment

He has the same body type as a young Giannis. Giannis right now looks like a juggernaut.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• FWIW.....Zach was on the Simmons podcast the other day and the premise was a series of "Are we sure...." and the most interesting one was. "Are we sure...the Raptors aren't the 1st seed in the East this year". Interesting proposition. There are about 6 or 7 teams that if I said they won the East, you'd say "ok" and if I said they didn't win the East you'd also say "ok". Raps are in that mix

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                FWIW.....Zach was on the Simmons podcast the other day and the premise was a series of "Are we sure...." and the most interesting one was. "Are we sure...the Raptors aren't the 1st seed in the East this year". Interesting proposition. There are about 6 or 7 teams that if I said they won the East, you'd say "ok" and if I said they didn't win the East you'd also say "ok". Raps are in that mix
                                Yep.

Comment

Working...
                                X