X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathurin looks like a star.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Simmons with 10 assists and 8 rebounds in 28 mins, perhaps we should have tried to get him cheap.

Comment

• I think our biggest flaw is outside shooting, I don't think Ben helps us with that... I think we have enough players with his skillset.

Comment

• Another 6'8+ guy who can't shoot? exactly what we need.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Mathurin looks like a star.
            He should get a lot of shots up this season with Indiana not expected to be very good this season. They probably need to move Buddy to make room for him as a starter eventually.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
              Simmons with 10 assists and 8 rebounds in 28 mins, perhaps we should have tried to get him cheap.
              Simmons has a max contract. Even if his value around the league was low, he was not easily gettable without having to include guys like OG, Gary or even Fred to get him. Either way Philly ended up getting Harden for him and we wouldn't have been able to compete with that.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                I think our biggest flaw is outside shooting, I don't think Ben helps us with that... I think we have enough players with his skillset.
                Ben Simmons on this team would be a straight up disaster. He’ll work on the Nets because they have multiple elite shooters: KD, Kyrie, Harris, Curry. Patty Mills shot 40% from three on 7 attempts last year.

KD was their worst outside shooter at 38.3%. GTJ was our BEST outside shooter at 38.3%.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Ben Simmons on this team would be a straight up disaster. He’ll work on the Nets because they have multiple elite shooters: KD, Kyrie, Harris, Curry. Patty Mills shot 40% from three on 7 attempts last year.

KD was their worst outside shooter at 38.3%. GTJ was our BEST outside shooter at 38.3%.

Character stuff aside, Simmons would be great on this team. All NBA defender that can guard all 5 positions, dishes with the best of them and can fly up and down the court. We might literally be able to play the best defense to grace an NBA court.

Comment

Another 6'8+ guy who can't shoot? exactly what we need.
                    Raptors are elite at teaching shooting. No problem.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Raptors are elite at teaching shooting. No problem.
                      I think Simmons is beyond help. Some people just aren't good at math, and some people just can't shoot.

Comment

Mathurin looks like a star.
                        Team Canada guard/wing rotation is gonna be nasty in a few years.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Character stuff aside, Simmons would be great on this team. All NBA defender that can guard all 5 positions, dishes with the best of them and can fly up and down the court. We might literally be able to play the best defense to grace an NBA court.
                          Can't outscore the opponent with defense.
                          You think Silver will allow his league to go back to low scoring?
                          Refs will find a way to fix that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Team Canada guard/wing rotation is gonna be nasty in a few years.
                            Are these guys going to play for Canada though? because we've been sayin this since the Wiggins draft.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Are these guys going to play for Canada though? because we've been sayin this since the Wiggins draft.
                              probably not.

I think both Maturin and Sharpe are not part of the players who are committed until 2024 Olympics. Maybe in the following 3 years commitment as Sharpe has been already part of the program which helped him get drafted this high.

Andrew Nembhard also played for team Canada in exhibition games so he is probably going to commit as well as Caleb Houston.

Future is looking bright.

Comment

Wiggins did play for team Canada. So has every Canadian in the NBA at some point if I'm not mistaken. So confused on the gripe here.

Comment

Working...
                                X