No announcement yet.

Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man warriors are giving poole a 140 million dollar contract and i just think that's a huge mistake for them. they absolutely could not keep him on the floor at times in the playoffs last year, teams were just going at him so hard.

i thought it was obvious then that if they only keep two of wiggins, draymond, and poole, poole would be the one who should go, especially if you have to start paying kuminga or moody down the line too Ii'm higher than those guys than i am on poole). i wonder if the draymond situation affected the decision making, but probably this was in the works well before that.

anyhow, makes tyler herro's deal not look so bad. fred definitely getting a bag next summer (which he deserves), buckle up RR!

Comment

• Damn $10 million more than Herro gigantic contract he got a few weeks ago.

FVV & GTJ are like:

Masai is going to be like:

Comment

• I guess the Warriors just don't care about their gigantic tax bill.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I guess the Warriors just don't care about their gigantic tax bill.
          They sort of do (willing to go in for a certain extend) which is why they won't give Draymond the contract he wants.

Probably one of Draymond, Wiggins or Klay might have to be traded in the near future and they will bump Kuminga to the starting lineup (Summer 2023)

Comment

• 35 mil a year for Poole is crazy. I for see a randle situation where they pay a guy off a career year and are stuck unable to move him if he can't regain the same play. I think most shooters could have great seasons playing with the gravity play and Steph create on the perimeter
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

They sort of do (willing to go in for a certain extend) which is why they won't give Draymond the contract he wants.

Probably one of Draymond, Wiggins or Klay might have to be traded in the near future and they will bump Kuminga to the starting lineup (Summer 2023)
              Any trade will require them to get salary back unless its to a team with cap space, which will be unlikely. I think the Draymond decision could haunt them. He's a big cog for them. But he's also a loose cannon as we saw already with that Poole punch.

I just have this feeling that the Warriors brass don't really care about the tax penalties.

Comment

• 50%

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Any trade will require them to get salary back unless its to a team with cap space, which will be unlikely. I think the Draymond decision could haunt them. He's a big cog for them. But he's also a loose cannon as we saw already with that Poole punch.

I just have this feeling that the Warriors brass don't really care about the tax penalties.
                  This sums it up better than I can:

Comment

I guess the Warriors just don't care about their gigantic tax bill.
                    If u want 2 win championships that's what u gotta do....As for the game last night, just proves my point that this team doesn't need Garry Trent, team plays better without him, his a ball hog and chucker, doesn't move the ball...I trade him for Center immediately, Indiana would love 2 have, we love 2 have Myles Turner..both are free agents..Jordan Poole just got 4 years at 130 million..lol..now I know why Draymond was p$%^..should of punched him harder, no way there signing Draymond...
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

If u want 2 win championships that's what u gotta do....As for the game last night, just proves my point that this team doesn't need Garry Trent, team plays better without him, his a ball hog and chucker, doesn't move the ball...I trade him for Center immediately, Indiana would love 2 have, we love 2 have Myles Turner..both are free agents..Jordan Poole just got 4 years at 130 million..lol..now I know why Draymond was p$%^..should of punched him harder, no way there signing Draymond...
                      lmao!
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

This sums it up better than I can:

Kuminga will replace Wiggins and they’ll keep Draymond and Klay.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Kuminga will replace Wiggins and they’ll keep Draymond and Klay.
                          keeping poole over wiggins would be incredibly dumb.

said it above but to me poole should have been the obvious man out. he cannot be on the floor when it matters most. i do think the writing is on the wall that draymond will be gone after next season (assuming he opts in), unless he's willing to take a huge discount

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

We almost never hunt Pascal against C's, the mismatch he wants is a smaller player guarding him. C mismatches usually just end up with settling for jumpers.

Yes, the offence will likely hurt a bit switching Gary out of the starting lineup. Obviously the idea is to win on defence by a lot more than you lose on offence. Mind you, the offensive issues driven by the lack of cohesive plan with so many potential creators on the floor I suspect would wash out with the decreased shooting. It's not like the starters were a good offensive lineup last year.
                            Interesting because a lot of the Siakam hype during the offseason was driven by his performance in the playoffs where he was guarded by and hunted match ups against Embiid. I think it's against the bigger and slower guys he has the advantage. Guys that are similar size to him are able to stay in front of him a bit more easily.

I would at least like to see how the unorthodox look with Gary starting works for some of this season big it fails then there is the safety net of Precious available.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Fred, like Lowry before him, is one of the best screen setters on the team, another reason why there is so much upside to him playing off ball. Trent could get there too in theory but I'd be shocked if he ever did.
                              Do the Raps rely on Fred to do that for any significant amount that's it's worth mentioning? I know I've seen him set one here or there but not often.

Comment

• Wow, $140M for Jordan Poole. NBA money is just wacky.

Comment

Working...
                                X