• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    NBA salaries are out of control.
    Cue the guys who ask if I'd sooner it went to the rich owners
    Well, I mean, would you?
    The NBA is one of the most profitable leagues in the world, behind only NFL and MLB. MLB salaries are equally as crazy, but there's a ton more players (28) on each team, so it sorta averages out. And the NFL is what it is. Merica and all. But they also have even more players (53) on each team. NBA has 15. Lots of money to go around. Good for them. Make that money.

Edit: I did the math.
    MLB: $11.6M revenue earned per player per team.
    NFL: $10.03M revenue earned per player per team.
    NBA: $17.13M revenue earned per player per team.

On a revenue earned per player/per team basis, NBA is #1 by a long shot. So they deserve it.
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Oct 15, 2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Wiggins staying with the Warriors too:

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

The NBA is one of the most profitable leagues in the world, behind only NFL and MLB. MLB salaries are equally as crazy, but there's a ton more players (28) on each team, so it sorta averages out. And the NFL is what it is. Merica and all. But they also have even more players (53) on each team. NBA has 15. Lots of money to go around. Good for them. Make that money.

Edit: I did the math.
        MLB: $11.6M revenue earned per player per team.
        NFL: $10.03M revenue earned per player per team.
        NBA: $17.13M revenue earned per player per team.

On a revenue earned per player/per team basis, NBA is #1 by a long shot. So they deserve it.
        do you happen to know the mls numbers?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

do you happen to know the mls numbers?
          They're the 10th rated league in terms of Revenue in the world, which is actually better than I thought, but on a per team per player basis, they're looking at $1.9M per player per team. Which I assume is probably in line with the average salaries as well. *SPOILER* it isn't. Lol Average MLS salary is $312,000. Players on average seeing only 16% of revenues go their way.

Which led me down another rabbit hole ...

How do the other leagues average salary compare to the revenue earned by each player.

Average MLB Salary is $4.41M - Compared against the $11.6M earned on average - 38%
          Average NFL Salary is $2.7M - Compared against the $10.03M earned on average - 27% (not to mention these are all unguaranteed contracts)
          Average NBA Salary is $8.5M. - Compared against the $17.13M earned on average - 50%

In short, NBA is the only league that adequately and appropriately pays its players if you ask me.
          Last edited by Joey; Sat Oct 15, 2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• So is FVV’s comp Wiggins (25m) or Poole (35m)? You could argue that Herro and Poole got a premium because of their age and potential upside, which makes Wiggins the more reasonable comp for Fred.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              So is FVV’s comp Wiggins (25m) or Poole (35m)? You could argue that Herro and Poole got a premium because of their age and potential upside, which makes Wiggins the more reasonable comp for Fred.
              its 30 for pool... 123 with 17 million dollars in incentives

Comment

So is FVV’s comp Wiggins (25m) or Poole (35m)? You could argue that Herro and Poole got a premium because of their age and potential upside, which makes Wiggins the more reasonable comp for Fred.
                Ya I think $25M is probably the right ballpark.

Comment

I'd say Fred should sit right in the middle there for his market value, which rather conveniently lines up pretty much perfectly with his eligible extension.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Interesting they released Lindell.

Comment

3 yrs, 105M

Comment

• Fred will get a 4 year deal surely.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Fred will get a 4 year deal surely.
                          why 'surely'? the raptors love their three year deals

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I'd say Fred should sit right in the middle there for his market value, which rather conveniently lines up pretty much perfectly with his eligible extension.
                            Dan H, what do you with Trent, 4/$115 plus stupid incentives or is now a tradable asset, again I mention the Magic. The reason why I ask , you mentioned that Trent Jr., would be better like a 6th man off the bench. Would it be better to trade for example Trent Jr for Cole Anthony a young backcourt PG/SG, scorer and Gary Harris + 1st from Orlando and save $1 Million this year and much more next year or Hayes + Murphy Jr + picks from New Orleans who definitely want a Shooting guard to complement McCollum. Maybe bring back Norm , an older and financially controlled backcourt mate with FVV.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Cue the guys who ask the only logical question to your rather ridiculous stance?
                              Are you in the plumber's union or something?
                              Why do you take such offence to anyone thinking that players are paid ridiculous amounts for playing a game?
                              It's a very common thought and yes, even by those who understand how much money they generate.

Just weird things seem to trigger you ....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Are you in the plumber's union or something?
                                Why do you take such offence to anyone thinking that players are paid ridiculous amounts for playing a game?
                                It's a very common thought and yes, even by those who understand how much money they generate.

Just weird things seem to trigger you ....
                                Sports salaries say a lot about society’s values - not much of it good. But that’s an uncomfortable philosophical discussion, especially for us sports fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X