Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Interesting they released Lindell.

I'm not sure I've heard of a sign-and-waive transaction before.

I mean, there's a level at which I respect an organization for paying someone for their time and training camp commitment, but it's certainly a little unusual in a league where the salary cap is so important.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Any trade will require them to get salary back unless its to a team with cap space, which will be unlikely. I think the Draymond decision could haunt them. He's a big cog for them. But he's also a loose cannon as we saw already with that Poole punch.

I just have this feeling that the Warriors brass don't really care about the tax penalties.
      Keeping a 32 year old PF who has issues confusing acting like a thug and being actual team leader. Trade him for either Sabonis of the Kings for Draymond and a FRP or trade him to Hawks for Collins.

Warriors save $140 Million in this year's tax bill. Curry is the person of nostalgia, now it is time to move Draymond and Klay.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Are you in the plumber's union or something?
        Why do you take such offence to anyone thinking that players are paid ridiculous amounts for playing a game?
        It's a very common thought and yes, even by those who understand how much money they generate.

Just weird things seem to trigger you ....
        People pay a ton to watch the players, so the players earn a ton of money. If the NBA made less money the players would earn less this really isnt hard to understand. Is your gripe that the NBA makes too much money, or that it's not fair the players gets half? It would make more sense to bitch about the billionaire owner getting the other half when they contribute absolutely nothing.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Are you in the plumber's union or something?
          Why do you take such offence to anyone thinking that players are paid ridiculous amounts for playing a game?
          It's a very common thought and yes, even by those who understand how much money they generate.

Just weird things seem to trigger you ....
          What's the alternative you propose?

Weird things like... poorly thought out critiques of current situations without any consideration for the alternatives? Agreed, that does bug me.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

Dan H, what do you with Trent, 4/$115 plus stupid incentives or is now a tradable asset, again I mention the Magic. The reason why I ask , you mentioned that Trent Jr., would be better like a 6th man off the bench. Would it be better to trade for example Trent Jr for Cole Anthony a young backcourt PG/SG, scorer and Gary Harris + 1st from Orlando and save $1 Million this year and much more next year or Hayes + Murphy Jr + picks from New Orleans who definitely want a Shooting guard to complement McCollum. Maybe bring back Norm , an older and financially controlled backcourt mate with FVV.
            I really think they only intend to trade Trent in a package for an upgrade. I think they are imagining they can afford to re-sign everyone over the next couple off-seasons. Or at least that they can re-sign Trent and not flip him until later when they know they are crunched.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

I'm not sure I've heard of a sign-and-waive transaction before.

I mean, there's a level at which I respect an organization for paying someone for their time and training camp commitment, but it's certainly a little unusual in a league where the salary cap is so important.
              Raptors do it every year, including I think with 4 guys this year. It's a way to give a small pay bump to players you want to sign to your G-League team.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

3 yrs, 105M
                I’d argue that Wiggins (25M/yr) is the PERFECT comp to Fred.

- Similar age
                - 1X All-Star (& likely never again)
                - 2-way player
                - High end role player on a championship team
                - Can score an inefficient 20 ppg on a non-contender with no legit top 10 player

Comment

• Are Raps only going to offer Fred 3 yrs? I thought 4 yrs would be automatic.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I really think they only intend to trade Trent in a package for an upgrade. I think they are imagining they can afford to re-sign everyone over the next couple off-seasons. Or at least that they can re-sign Trent and not flip him until later when they know they are crunched.
                    What would your target Upgrade be for Trent Jr. In a package deal- please indicate a couple of adequate trade package for GTJ

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Are Raps only going to offer Fred 3 yrs? I thought 4 yrs would be automatic.
                      4 years is what you hope for, the upside is having some term post salary cap spike. But Fred and his agent are aware of that too, so a 3+1 (PO) wouldn't be a shocking outcome. Here's hoping for the full 4 though. Just a straight 3 would be odd.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What would your target Upgrade be for Trent Jr. In a package deal- please indicate a couple of adequate trade package for GTJ
                        Well the whole point is you don't know who is available until they are. Whatever star next hits the market I guess.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

People pay a ton to watch the players, so the players earn a ton of money. If the NBA made less money the players would earn less this really isnt hard to understand. Is your gripe that the NBA makes too much money, or that it's not fair the players gets half? It would make more sense to bitch about the billionaire owner getting the other half when they contribute absolutely nothing.
                          No gripe, it's just a personal observation shared by many, I don't lose any sleep over it or care to argue about it. Salaries are crazy.
                          But when you see it as a percentage of league revenue it makes sense even if still crazy....

But "owners contribute absolutely nothing" now that's funny. Without the billionnaire owners, there's be no NBA (or NFL) as currently constructed or there might be if the players wanted to play for CFL type money

Comment

Dan H, what do you with Trent, 4/$115 plus stupid incentives or is now a tradable asset, again I mention the Magic. The reason why I ask , you mentioned that Trent Jr., would be better like a 6th man off the bench. Would it be better to trade for example Trent Jr for Cole Anthony a young backcourt PG/SG, scorer and Gary Harris + 1st from Orlando and save $1 Million this year and much more next year or Hayes + Murphy Jr + picks from New Orleans who definitely want a Shooting guard to complement McCollum. Maybe bring back Norm , an older and financially controlled backcourt mate with FVV.
                            Gary Harris is injured for the whole year and would be effectively a down grade. I think they like Cole Anthony . Hayes was arrested for beating his girlfriend at the time. As dan pointed out ... given Trent's age you aren't looking for a down grade in a trade to kick the asset over.. you would want an upgrade and ideally it would be done BEFORE he signs the new deal.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I’d argue that Wiggins (25M/yr) is the PERFECT comp to Fred.

- Similar age
                              - 1X All-Star (& likely never again)
                              - 2-way player
                              - High end role player on a championship team
                              - Can score an inefficient 20 ppg on a non-contender with no legit top 10 player
                              i agree with most of this. do you think wiggins took his market value? he made 31.5 last year and will make 33.6 this year. do you think he deserves a massive paycut after the best season of his career? i think he took a massive paycut to stay in the only situation he's ever been happy in on a team paying historic taxes.

also AAV is usually a little higher than market on a shorter deal, hence the 3 years

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i agree with most of this. do you think wiggins took his market value? he made 31.5 last year and will make 33.6 this year. do you think he deserves a massive paycut after the best season of his career? i think he took a massive paycut to stay in the only situation he's ever been happy in on a team paying historic taxes.

also AAV is usually a little higher than market on a shorter deal, hence the 3 years
                                I think it’s Masai and Bobby’s job to convince FVV to take a team-friendly deal that allows the team cap flexibility to bring in players to compensate for Fred’s obvious weaknesses. That is, if Fred is truly serious about winning.

Wiggins truly cared about winning, and backed that up with his paycheque. Money talked. Let’s see what Fred truly cares about.

Comment

Working...
                                X