Raptors Offseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

I think it’s Masai and Bobby’s job to convince FVV to take a team-friendly deal that allows the team cap flexibility to bring in players to compensate for Fred’s obvious weaknesses. That is, if Fred is truly serious about winning.

Wiggins truly cared about winning, and backed that up with his paycheque. Money talked. Let’s see what Fred truly cares about.
    If Fred signs his max extension, then Bobby and Masai have achieved exactly that.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think it’s Masai and Bobby’s job to convince FVV to take a team-friendly deal that allows the team cap flexibility to bring in players to compensate for Fred’s obvious weaknesses. That is, if Fred is truly serious about winning.

Wiggins truly cared about winning, and backed that up with his paycheque. Money talked. Let’s see what Fred truly cares about.
      i think the situations are completely different so it's not fair to expect fred to make a comparably huge sacrifice. they'll probably try to get him to take something off and i could see him accommodating that because he likes it here, but i don't think it'd be much

how does fred taking way less affect who they can bring in anyhow? they're already going to be way over the cap if they want to keep the team together, so fred sacrificing money is just saving ownership from paying tax. i understand why wiggins is doing it because that team is paying way out the ass and it is not tenable to keep doing so. toronto won't be facing that situation to that degree, so it's asking him to sacrifice his own wealth to save ownership money. fuck that is what i'd say, if i were fred.

also wiggins is coming off a 5 year 150 million dollar deal. he's made a lot more money already than fred has, which is also probably a factor in how much he is willing to sacrifice

Comment

Wiggins also has double the career earnings to date that Fred does. Easier to take cuts in that context. Might also speak to an attitude - not of team first, but lack of confidence in being able to sustain or improve your performance.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Gary Harris is injured for the whole year and would be effectively a down grade. I think they like Cole Anthony . Hayes was arrested for beating his girlfriend at the time. As dan pointed out ... given Trent's age you aren't looking for a down grade in a trade to kick the asset over.. you would want an upgrade and ideally it would be done BEFORE he signs the new deal.
          I will than take Cole Anthony + Wagner for Trent Jr. + Ballast -1 year contract.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post

I will than take Cole Anthony + Wagner for Trent Jr. + Ballast -1 year contract.
            Again why are they giving up players they want.. and I am assuming you are talking about Mo and not Franz because no way in hell they want to trade Franz.

It's hard to trade GTJ for what you are proposing because its such a lopsided trade for us... not to mention you have to solid players who have shown potential who are both on rookie scale deals..... again why on earth would they do this. I have seen you suggest some trades before especially with magic players... I think you need to be thinking about players they may not want like Fultz or you would have to be willing to overpay for a player. I dont see any player that is obtainable from the Magic that I would want so bad I would just dump GTJ. The closest is Fultz and I would rather keep Trent because Fultz doesn't help with the shooting at all... although he is better defensively and really good at handling the ball and making decisions.

Comment

• Trade fred while we can. Fred/OG for Ingram

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                Trade fred while we can. Fred/OG for Ingram
                But why would NOP do this?

People need to understand that teams are usually moving in one direction or another, not swapping pieces for fit. Pelicans want to win, and trading their core young star makes zero sense for them.

The Raptors also want to win! So trading Fred now is not going to happen. Because he won't be the ask from a team with a star, and the only reason to trade him is to get a star.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

I'm not sure I've heard of a sign-and-waive transaction before.

I mean, there's a level at which I respect an organization for paying someone for their time and training camp commitment, but it's certainly a little unusual in a league where the salary cap is so important.
                  Depends on the type of contract - often a player on a PTO is released by one team, and then is signed to an Exhibit 10 contract by another team, and then is immediately waived.

If unclaimed, the player will likely play for the team's G League team, with a bonus as a result of the Exhibit 10 signing.

Hey... The Raptors just did that with Saben Lee
                  Last edited by Ebonhawke; Sun Oct 16, 2022, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

But why would NOP do this?
                      cuz maybe fred and OG would be better than graham and ingram

Comment

cuz maybe fred and OG would be better than graham and ingram
                        No team trades a guy they think of as their number one option for two secondary guys, no matter how good they are, unless that number one option is forcing their way out.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

No team trades a guy they think of as their number one option for two secondary guys, no matter how good they are, unless that number one option is forcing their way out.
                          I dont think OG is much of a downgrade overall. He may even be on par with Ingram this season if he bumps up his scoring a bit.

regardless, i think fred getting more for a new contract and likely less production over the length of that contract than the last is gonna hurt and he should be moved instead. If his production dips and he gets more we’ll have to include good assets to move him down the line

Comment

I dont think OG is much of a downgrade overall. He may even be on par with Ingram this season if he bumps up his scoring a bit.

regardless, i think fred getting more for a new contract and likely less production over the length of that contract than the last is gonna hurt and he should be moved instead. If his production dips and he gets more we’ll have to include good assets to move him down the line
                            aside from demare carroll, this front office has been incredible at signing free agents (especially their own) such that they retain value and would never need to attach assets to get off of them. i have complete confidence that fred's new deal (whenever it gets signed) will come with much consternation among RR posters but will ultimately remain an asset whether they want to keep or move him in the future.

i think BI is overrated, but i like players that play defense
                            Last edited by chris; Mon Oct 17, 2022, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

aside from demare carroll, this front office has been incredible at signing their own free agents such that they retain value and would never need to attach assets to get off of them. i have complete confidence that fred's new deal (whenever it gets signed) will come with much consternation among RR posters but will ultimately remain an asset whether they want to keep or move him in the future.

i think BI is overrated, but i like players that play defense
                              Managements record means you’re probably right yes. We’ll see though

Comment

• Not a fan of KPJ, but seems like Houston got him for less than the market value for a young starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X