Raps "One SUPER-Shooter Away From Being Really Good"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps "One SUPER-Shooter Away From Being Really Good"

I thought it was worth posting that the Clippers announcers during the game just said regarding the Raptors (not exact words):

"You know, everytime I see these guys (Raptors), they're like one SUPER shooter away from being REALLY good. They have all the makings of a good team. They did have a stretch where they won 20 of 27 games.."

Also worth noting that one of the announcers said he talked to Turkoglu before the game, and the announcer see it that Turk's sub-par year is totally the Raptors' fault because they're not letting Turk play like what he is best - a point forward - hence, the ball in his hands.
    http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Wow, glad to see the Clippers announcers are on par with the level on the team. lol

Comment

to bad the clippers announcers are known as retards, so not much weight in thier words.....

Comment

I doubt their analysis is probably only based on the first 2 minutes of the game where Bargnani missed a couple of open 3's...

I bet they probably don't even half of our players lol

Comment

In the 3rd quarter the announcers often referred to Bosh as someone who likes to avoid contact. Also suggesting his free throws will drop at the second half.

Comment

Lol. I dont think these guys have ever seen a Clippers team play defense...hence wouldnt know that is what ails the Raps.

Comment

The Clippers announcers, Michael Smith and Ralph Lawler, are amongst my favourites. They're excellent. Especially Smith.

It would be beautiful day if the Raptors ever got announcers as good as them.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Another shooter on the wing, instead of DeRozan or Weems, would make a large positive difference to the Raptors offense ... but a legitimate second scorer is what the Raps offense needs the most. That would give Toronto an elite offense.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                  Another shooter on the wing, instead of DeRozan or Weems, would make a large positive difference to the Raptors offense ... but a legitimate second scorer is what the Raps offense needs the most. That would give Toronto an elite offense.
                  I assume you're pointing out that offense isn't what the raps need...

Comment

I don't know if this is true ... what Raptors is lacking is not in offense but on defense.

Comment

Yeah, the Clips announcers obviously don't know squat if they think a shooter is what the Raptors need. They also were criticizing Triano inserting Weems in the line-up instead of Turkoglu; they were pretty much salivating over Turk at every opportunity, but then kind of held their tongues back and gave Weems some praise after Sonny, aka "Young Weezy" had another steller game. They at least realized Sonny makes them a better team on the defensive end.
                      http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

DarkKnight wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, the Clips announcers obviously don't know squat if they think a shooter is what the Raptors need. They also were criticizing Triano inserting Weems in the line-up instead of Turkoglu; they were pretty much salivating over Turk at every opportunity, but then kind of held their tongues back and gave Weems some praise after Sonny, aka "Young Weezy" had another steller game. They at least realized Sonny makes them a better team on the defensive end.
                        Maybe they have some juice with Clippers mgmt. and convince them to make a deal for Hedo....Gordon for one would be good coming the other way.

Comment

Yeah his name is "SONNY WEEMS!"

8 for 8 baby!!

oh Sonny if you could only keep this up every game.

Comment

playsomegoddamnD wrote: View Post
                            Dave wrote: View Post
                            I assume you're pointing out that offense isn't what the raps need...
                            Defense is the first priority but the Raptors can still improve offensively also.

Another shooter would allow the Raptors to maximize their current blend of talent offensively and a legitimate second scoring option would turn them into an elite offensive team.
                            nbaroundtable

Comment

You (title of thread) mean Kapono?

Comment

Working...
                              X