Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ meant for the SL thread, but who really cares lol

Comment

• I'm really optimistic about Christian Koloko. His footwork is already way better than I thought it would be. He's a soccer player, which tends to help with leg coordination for big men in my experience. I think there's a lot there to work with. His post moves, obviously he's just working on them, but pretty impressive, he's going to get a lot better at them. He sets good screens and those are only going to get better as he adds a bit of strength and size, and I like his rebounding too. And he puts forth the effort you want to see. Seems like a perfect guy for the Raps to wrap their development arms around.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
        I'm really optimistic about Christian Koloko. His footwork is already way better than I thought it would be. He's a soccer player, which tends to help with leg coordination for big men in my experience. I think there's a lot there to work with. His post moves, obviously he's just working on them, but pretty impressive, he's going to get a lot better at them. He sets good screens and those are only going to get better as he adds a bit of strength and size, and I like his rebounding too. And he puts forth the effort you want to see. Seems like a perfect guy for the Raps to wrap their development arms around.
        He seems like an out of the box elite shot blocker. He's been swatting a lot in Summer League, seems really effortless for him.

Comment

• Seems too early for him to be a rotation player based on SL

He’ll probably look better in preseason though with better players around him. Those post up touches are very rough, his touch with them needs a lot of work, but that’s not a big deal at this point.

He recovers on drives incredibly well when a smaller guy gets past him but he needs to defend without fouling. Offensively just improve his catching around the rim and go up strong

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Seems too early for him to be a rotation player based on SL

He’ll probably look better in preseason though with better players around him. Those post up touches are very rough, his touch with them needs a lot of work, but that’s not a big deal at this point.

He recovers on drives incredibly well when a smaller guy gets past him but he needs to defend without fouling. Offensively just improve his catching around the rim and go up strong
            I think he can do a whole lot better with Barnes & Siakam just lob pass him for transition dunks.

But yeah he is work in progress & I expect some noticeable improvement by training camp.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I think he can do a whole lot better with Barnes & Siakam just lob pass him for transition dunks.

But yeah he is work in progress & I expect some noticeable improvement by training camp.
              If he takes the Khem role he won't get any offense set up for him. Just clean the offensive glass and put the misses back in. Khem took 3.6 FGA in 18 mpg. I think Koloko would be fine with that. Defense is how Koloko will earn minutes and I'm optimistic he's ready for that. Just limit the fouls.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                Seems too early for him to be a rotation player based on SL

on the big club i think he can be a rotation piece in a limited role and let him go crazy in the g-league.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If he takes the Khem role he won't get any offense set up for him. Just clean the offensive glass and put the misses back in. Khem took 3.6 FGA in 18 mpg. I think Koloko would be fine with that. Defense is how Koloko will earn minutes and I'm optimistic he's ready for that. Just limit the fouls.
                  If his D translates to the big league, then he should most certainly get minutes. His offence is largely irrelevant.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He seems like an out of the box elite shot blocker. He's been swatting a lot in Summer League, seems really effortless for him.
                    Yeah, he looks really good. I'm very happy with the pick. He's not nearly as raw as I assumed given he was available at 33, and some folks thought we reached to get him there!

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Yeah, he looks really good. I'm very happy with the pick. He's not nearly as raw as I assumed given he was available at 33, and some folks thought we reached to get him there!
                      I believe he was in college for 3 years so not that raw.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I believe he was in college for 3 years so not that raw.
                        it depends he didn't play AAU and started playing basketball at age 16/17... most of his peers started at age 8.

Comment

• I think Nurse must define Koloko's role very well. Koloko can be a curse for other teams in terms of the pick and roll. On the other hand, his shooting ability looks great and within 3 games in the summer league, he got a great deal of poise.
                          Those who think he will be a rotation player are wrong in my humble opinion. There will be a time next season when he will be ready to start.
                          Alot of people evaluates him bearing in mind that he was a second round pick, If you forget about this issue, you will have a very solid view of him.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                            I think Nurse must define Koloko's role very well. Koloko can be a curse for other teams in terms of the pick and roll. On the other hand, his shooting ability looks great and within 3 games in the summer league, he got a great deal of poise.
                            Those who think he will be a rotation player are wrong in my humble opinion. There will be a time next season when he will be ready to start.
                            Alot of people evaluates him bearing in mind that he was a second round pick, If you forget about this issue, you will have a very solid view of him.
                            what do you mean by curse?

also if you are saying he will start then you are agreeing he is a rotation player.

I don't see him as a second rounder... I see him as a late first.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

it depends he didn't play AAU and started playing basketball at age 16/17... most of his peers started at age 8.
                              Yeah, but he's still got 3 years of college as opposed to being one and done. He's not a guy like Kai Jones from the previous draft that is further behind in his development.

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                                I think Nurse must define Koloko's role very well. Koloko can be a curse for other teams in terms of the pick and roll. On the other hand, his shooting ability looks great and within 3 games in the summer league, he got a great deal of poise.
                                Hard to picture Koloko starting next season unless due to both Precious and Khem being injured, but I hope he gets an opportunity. He's got to shine on defense because I don't think he has the tools yet be helpful on offense. More of a clean up and put back type of player for now I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X