ORTG: 127.3. (1st)
      DRTG: 88.6. (1st)
      PER: 28.0. (1st)
      Blocks: 102. (1st)
      BLK %: 10.3. (1st)
      TS%: .661. (1st)
      WS/48: .250. (1st)
      Box +/-: 10.5 (1st)

We have a more athletic Rudy Gobert, with shooting potential, on a rookie scale contract. This is a great pick.

Comment

Not having watched any video of Koloko, my opinion is that his floor is Samuel Dalembert.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
          Some Koloko PAC-12 advanced stats:

We have a more athletic Rudy Gobert, with shooting potential, on a rookie scale contract. This is a great pick.

think of a taller robert williams

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            Some Koloko PAC-12 advanced stats:

Not even rookie scale. Minimum. I'm just hoping they lock him in for three years so we have his full Bird Rights when we need them.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Welcome to Toronto! He was a name floating around the draft thread when we were talking centers. It was between him and Kagamate, but Koloko had the better stats, and felt less raw.

I didn't really want us to draft a center, but it's nice to have a legit shot blocker in the line up.

We need to maybe throw in some PnR sets to get him going. I think he and Flynn could be lethal, but it really depends on Nurse and how he sets up his sets. Scottie is going to love throwing him lobs though.

Comment

i said gobert turner or draft i think this kid will grow on me

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  i said gobert turner or draft i think this kid will grow on me
                  He's a real center, 7' with 7'5.5 wing span and he's not a string bean. It's what you've been asking for the past few seasons. Now you can move onto saying Nurse needs to play Koloko more.

Comment

I was impressed by his footwork on defence too. And he stealthily hones in for blocks. Finally have a legit 7 foot anchor

but, im worried our competitors gained more. Chicago, charlotte, Cleveland did well and eventually detroit is gonna climb the ladder.

koloko, birch, pascal, bouch, precious is there enough minutes? Birch seems like the odd man out

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

He's a real center, 7' with 7'5.5 wing span and he's not a string bean. It's what you've been asking for the past few seasons. Now you can move onto saying Nurse needs to play Koloko more.
                      yep i am cheering for him

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                        I was impressed by his footwork on defence too. And he stealthily hones in for blocks. Finally have a legit 7 foot anchor

but, im worried our competitors gained more. Chicago, charlotte, Cleveland did well and eventually detroit is gonna climb the ladder.

koloko, birch, pascal, bouch, precious is there enough minutes? Birch seems like the odd man out
                        Good point Yuri.

Cleveland and Detroit have existing potential stars in Mobley and Cade respectively. They will be better teams after just one year and now they added a player in this draft to bolster their bench.

Would would have predicted this pick BUT the expert eyes of both Masai and Bobby, hopefully Koloko can be thrown into the fire right away to pair with Precious to anchor that defense in the middle. Nice caveat is that he came from the same area where Siakam was.

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Birch being the odd man out is the ideal. I suspect they will give Koloko a few stints with the 905 to stretch his game a bit, get heavy reps and minutes, and when they do that Khem will take the backup spot, and of course whenever there is an injury. But really looking forward to what 48 minutes shared between Precious and Koloko could look like. They only play Boucher at PF so I'm not too worried about Koloko affecting that, and they played Thad and Boucher at 3/4 all the time, so they probably have room for everyone. Now, if they also add an MLE guard, it starts to get real crowded for all these guys. But that's better than being like 6 deep like last year.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Birch should be traded for a future pick or his 6M per year should be added in a trade.

Freeloaders dont get minutes

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                              Birch should be traded for a future pick or his 6M per year should be added in a trade.

Freeloaders dont get minutes
                              LOL who is trading a future pick for Khem Birch?

It's astonishing how much you dislike Birch and yet at the same time think he will provide value in a trade? He's a functional backup/spot-starter center. Teams do not trade assets for that, they sign that for something in the room MLE to full MLE range.

He could absolutely be used as salary matching in a trade but they won't trade him for the sake of doing so.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Birch being the odd man out is the ideal. I suspect they will give Koloko a few stints with the 905 to stretch his game a bit, get heavy reps and minutes, and when they do that Khem will take the backup spot, and of course whenever there is an injury. But really looking forward to what 48 minutes shared between Precious and Koloko could look like. They only play Boucher at PF so I'm not too worried about Koloko affecting that, and they played Thad and Boucher at 3/4 all the time, so they probably have room for everyone. Now, if they also add an MLE guard, it starts to get real crowded for all these guys. But that's better than being like 6 deep like last year.
                                Young bigs like Gobert (9.6 MPG, 45 games) & Capela (7.5 MPG, 12 games) barely played in their rookie year, so we're looking at next year to possibly see what this kid can do. Nurse said last year that he thinks it takes a year or 2 for rookies to understand how to play NBA level defense... and then you have the Raptors complex system on top of that. And when the last line of defense messes up a rotation or coverage, that's an automatic score.

With Nurse's documented trust issues, it's hard to imagine Koloko getting any run other than garbage time, at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X