Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    I think Masai did it again.
    I watched some this kids background history, Journey, where he came from to now..I think this just the beginning.
    U know when u have this feeling that a player is gonna be really good, I honestly c that, it's not hype. This guy is typical raptors player. A player that wants 2 succeed, like Masai said winner, u want those kind of players, winning type players.
    What better organization 2 come 2 than the raptors. Great defensive player, blocks out, rebounds, blocks shots, his good at playing d on guards,good on switchable defensively. This what the raptors need.
    In few years..ppl gonna say..damn he went second rd, how..
    It will take time to develop, learn coach nurse system and have a longevity nba career.
    Raptors still need Center.
    If u can go out there and get couple centers Ibaka Veteran and Mo Bamba with Koliko, now we're talking.
    yep i been watching more that he has been drafted and i see potential for sure. can’t wait to summer league. i hope koloko turns out better than jaylin williams which was my pick

Comment

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

I remember seeing it during the tournament. Still trying to find it. I did find an interview where he talks about when he started playing, and it wasn't until age 15 when he started to take it seriously, as he had to walk 3 miles to a very crappy court just to play, and the organized ball in Africa is pretty terrible. So really this kid didn't start balling until he got to Arizona.
        Raptors hoping another late boomer flying under the radar pick that may materlized under their guidance in a profound way.

Honestly I don't think The Heat was going to trade Precious to the Raptors if they knew he had that kind of ceiling. Same reason the Raptors were a bit impatient with Brissett injury & let him go.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

yep i been watching more that he has been drafted and i see potential for sure. can’t wait to summer league. i hope koloko turns out better than jaylin williams which was my pick
          I like Williams but he will end up better than him

Comment

There seems to be a deep connection between Christian and Masai ... this is an intangible not to be discounted and comes across in the vid.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
              There seems to be a deep connection between Christian and Masai ... this is an intangible not to be discounted and comes across in the vid.

This kid may be the reason they didn't care about moving to 33...they figured he'd still be there, and would have taken him at 21 or whatever anyway..
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                I'm getting Ibaka vibes from that workout video. Like a bigger, quicker, more athletic MaFuzzy 2.0.

Comment

I said so before the draft that it looked (amazingly) like high-potential high-athleticism but playable bigs were going to be there for the taking with this pick. To get a legit 5 that can also really move in the 2nd round is flat out fantastic. Need, fit, character (I would think, earning Masai's approval), potential, and immediate playability (for limited minutes with the big club) - ticks all the boxes.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

This kid may be the reason they didn't care about moving to 33...they figured he'd still be there, and would have taken him at 21 or whatever anyway..
                    Bobby's post draft presser indicated otherwise, or that is how it came across to me anyways. Definitely got the vibe he wasn't their first choice.

Comment

they already a few podcasts out detailing how far back MU and him go

Comment

Glad you're loving the pick. Masai finally gave you and grindhouse what you wanted, a f*king center.

Unless we offload Birch somehow we don't have room for another center, that would be 4 on the roster which doesn't make sense. I hope we use the MLE on a guard who can shoot 3's, that's the biggest need remaining on the roster.
                        Yup..They should unload him..sign and trade scenario..kind of thing, package deal.
                        I just don't want c him on Raptors squad, his always hurt, I don't know..his not reliable.
                        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

Raptors hoping another late boomer flying under the radar pick that may materlized under their guidance in a profound way.

Honestly I don't think The Heat was going to trade Precious to the Raptors if they knew he had that kind of ceiling. Same reason the Raptors were a bit impatient with Brissett injury & let him go.
                          they valued kyle over precious at the time

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            I think Masai did it again.
                            I watched some this kids background history, Journey, where he came from to now..I think this just the beginning.
                            U know when u have this feeling that a player is gonna be really good, I honestly c that, it's not hype. This guy is typical raptors player. A player that wants 2 succeed, like Masai said winner, u want those kind of players, winning type players.
                            What better organization 2 come 2 than the raptors. Great defensive player, blocks out, rebounds, blocks shots, his good at playing d on guards,good on switchable defensively. This what the raptors need.
                            In few years..ppl gonna say..damn he went second rd, how..
                            It will take time to develop, learn coach nurse system and have a longevity nba career.
                            Raptors still need Center.
                            If u can go out there and get couple centers Ibaka Veteran and Mo Bamba with Koliko, now we're talking.
                            Timely big blocks are a hugely under rated team pick-me-up
                            He just needs to develop a finger wag

Comment

Glad you're loving the pick. Masai finally gave you and grindhouse what you wanted, a f*king center.

Unless we offload Birch somehow we don't have room for another center, that would be 4 on the roster which doesn't make sense. I hope we use the MLE on a guard who can shoot 3's, that's the biggest need remaining on the roster.
                              damn straight i am excited the more i think about now get u guys our shooting guard

Comment

Deeper than Masai and Giannis?

Comment

Working...
                                X