Everything Christian Koloko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Bobby's post draft presser indicated otherwise, or that is how it came across to me anyways. Definitely got the vibe he wasn't their first choice.
    Well, I mean the response was a little odd in that presser, he seemed to be referring to the fact that obviously if they were picking 1st overall they would not have picked this guy, more so than suggesting they had missed out on late 1st targets.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think the way Bobby answered, there were guys they wouldn’t picked at 20 that weren’t available at 33. Koloko was further down their list but still in that list of 20-25 players they wanted

Comment

I know we’re a bit spoiled as NBA fans but do you not find it amazing that a true 7ft’er can be that mobile?

Comment

His ability to get up and down the court is amazing.

How he performs in Summerleague will be telling. I want to see how he handles being switched onto guards.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post

How he performs in Summerleague will be telling. I want to see how he handles being switched onto guards.
            the biggest thing is he has shown passing flashes but his coach used two bigs and didn't really like him to show of his arsenal I think the raptors over the course of the year will work on that with him. There will be growing pains but that will unlock a lot with this guy.

Comment

There's an interview up om Sportsnet where he says he's comfortable switching onto guards. Not the whole game but switching on them. Seems very confident and semi-fluent in English.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

the biggest thing is he has shown passing flashes but his coach used two bigs and didn't really like him to show of his arsenal I think the raptors over the course of the year will work on that with him. There will be growing pains but that will unlock a lot with this guy.
                Yeah he had 6 assists the first game of the NCAA tournament and several 4 assist games during the regular season. Not that many games without an assist. It's definitely a part of his game Nurse will be able to expand.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

There's an interview up om Sportsnet where he says he's comfortable switching onto guards. Not the whole game but switching on them. Seems very confident and semi-fluent in English.
                  dude he has been speaking and learning English since he was in high school plus there is a decent proportion of the population where he is from that speak it. He went to high school in cali though.

Comment

dude he has been speaking and learning English since he was in high school plus there is a decent proportion of the population where he is from that speak it. He went to high school in cali though.
                    Not really sure what you're trying to tell me but yes, he's spent years in CA and AZ and made it a point to be fluent. He speaks English very well but with a heavy accent that makes the occasional word hard to make out. Good for him to be fluent in 2 languages though.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Ya, I heard him say that but most draft pundits say he is not very switch’s, and lateral mobility is not a strength. Heck I thick Nurse even mentioned that he’s going to be more of a drop coverage guy.

I’m happy he has confidence that he can do it… we’ll see how he does in Summerleague. If he can guard like Precious can, than other teams are fucked.

Comment

Ya, I heard him say that but most draft pundits say he is not very switch’s, and lateral mobility is not a strength. Heck I thick Nurse even mentioned that he’s going to be more of a drop coverage guy.

I’m happy he has confidence that he can do it… we’ll see how he does in Summerleague. If he can guard like Precious can, than other teams are fucked.

he will have good foot speed but will be a different type of defender... precious has incredible core strength and body control.

Comment

he will have good foot speed but will be a different type of defender... precious has incredible core strength and body control.
                          High waist skinny legs is what I've heard holding him back on perimiter defense. You get cafeteria food in college it's not comparable to having a pro team behind you. He's going to grow a lot with a Raptors nutrition plan. Also he's at the age where you can finally start to add extra weight. His upper body looks solid so not a Boucher type project.

Comment

could he answer some of our zone problems? hope so

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post

could he answer some of our zone problems? hope so
                              IF they work on his passing reads yes... he has shown flashes

Comment

The smooth jump shot from the high post is most intriguing to me. No back to the basket game whatsoever, and the hook shot is terrible, but tons of potential for sure. Needs to strengthen his base. Get to work young man.

Comment

Working...
                                X