Everything Christian Koloko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

UVic when I attended had really really good food options when they revamped their cafeteria.. you could even get belgium waffles customized and gelatto.
    Haha, we had bullcrap like that, but none of that would be on an NBA players nutrition plan. Koloko needs loads of grass fed ribeye's, not waffles and gellatto.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I went to college in the USA, University of Florida and Georgia Tech, I knew basketball and football players are both schools. Speaking from experience here. They ate the same shitty cafeteria food as me, and were given paper bag lunches with a sandwich and chips when they couldn't get to the dining hall. They absolutely did not have nutrition plans designed personally for them like they do in the NBA.

They did have a S&C coach, but one that makes a fraction of an NBA S&C coach so of a lower quality, and they had limited time to work with said coach since they were spread pretty thin working with everyone and the time limits for student athletes to be working with coaches. Lots of rules where they can't interact with coaches for portions of the offseason as well.

It's night and day to have a team to work with you personally like Scottie has and Koloko started working with to get ready for the draft. That's why we saw such big improvements in skills and their body composition from where they finished their NCAA seasons.
      Can't argue with your personal experience.... facts are facts. But I guess Arizona might be different than Florida and GT. Or Koloko himself was motivated, which is a great sign. From Doug Smith's article....

Koloko took a huge leap this season. Working with Arizona strength coach Chris Rounds, Koloko has added 20 pounds to his frame since his freshman year through the weight room and a better diet.
      https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...raft-pick.html

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Can't argue with your personal experience.... facts are facts. But I guess Arizona might be different than Florida and GT. Or Koloko himself was motivated, which is a great sign. From Doug Smith's article....

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...raft-pick.html
        That seems to be implying a better diet than he had before he got to Arizona, which considering he came from Africa is not surprising.

Comment

Haha, we had bullcrap like that, but none of that would be on an NBA players nutrition plan. Koloko needs loads of grass fed ribeye's, not waffles and gellatto.
          It doesn't matter what sort of food a college cafeteria had, as teenagers living first time away for home bound to pick up a lot of bad eating habits in school especially late night binge eating junk food & desserts.

It's not until they arrive at the NBA level where they are given the proper recommended nutrients guidelines & access to team meal cafeteria/gym that serious changes will occur. However they will still cheat & eat bad but tasty food from time to time (remember who snuck at 1am during the playoffs for some Insomnia cookies?!)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

It doesn't matter what sort of food a college cafeteria had, as teenagers living first time away for home bound to pick up a lot of bad eating habits in school especially late night binge eating junk food & desserts.

It's not until they arrive at the NBA level where they are given the proper recommended nutrients guidelines & access to team meal cafeteria/gym that serious changes will occur. However they will still cheat & eat bad but tasty food from time to time (remember who snuck at 1am during the playoffs for some Insomnia cookies?!)
            Yeah this is what I was saying. He has access to tons of calories in college but it was mostly junk. Now he's going to have the highest level personal attention to his nutrition and strength and conditioning. Just look at his latest workouts videos. A whole team of people working just on his game. NBA is a whole different level from NCAA. We saw the same thing with Scottie where they were able to add inches to his vert during draft prep, something you're never gonna see in college. I expect Koloko to add 10lbs by the time the season starts.

Comment

That seems to be implying a better diet than he had before he got to Arizona, which considering he came from Africa is not surprising.
              He didn’t come straight outta Africa to Arizona. He went to the highly touted basketball high school, Sierra Canyon, in California. That’s where Lebron and DWade’s sons play/played.

Comment

• His wikipedia lists him at 5’6 tall lol

Wonder we’ll do with someone that size at centre

Comment

• Always interesting to me where guys were ranked before entering college compared to once they’re drafted to see how quickly they rose (or dropped) in the rankings.

Going into college he was the 187th ranked guy in the country which is pretty low so it’s nice to see him have such a rise.

Our own Precious Achiuwa was ranked 15th, and David Johnson was ranked 82nd.

Jaylin Williams who got taken at 34 this year was ranked 120th.

Only other notable name anywhere near that low was Drake London at 189, he was drafted 8th overall this year... in the NFL

These lists obviously aren’t perfect. Wiseman was ranked 1, Ant Edwards was 2 and Isaiah Stewart was 3. Lamelo was all the way down at 23

Comment

• Wait, nvm wrong Jaylin Williams. The one taken at 34 was a 2020 recruit and was ranked 88th

Right behind him in the rankings at 89th was Jaden Ivey. One goes 34th and one goes 5th overall. Pretty crazy
                    Last edited by Bonus Jonas; Wed Jun 29, 2022, 10:44 PM.

Comment

He didn’t come straight outta Africa to Arizona. He went to the highly touted basketball high school, Sierra Canyon, in California. That’s where Lebron and DWade’s sons play/played.
                      For a year right? He probably wasn't getting great nutrition there either.

Comment

For a year right? He probably wasn't getting great nutrition there either.
                        Not to beat this silly horse to death, but since you won't let it go.... Koloko's training & food journey and Arizona's staff support might actually be the exception to your college buddies experiences. Or maybe your buddies experiences are the exception. Maybe it's the US AAU guys. Koloko made a conscious decision to leave his homeland and come to a new country. He was also late starting basketball. He was probably more inclined to take training and nutrition seriously early on, as opposed to a guy like Zion.

At 17, he made the difficult decision to leave Cameroon for a place where he struggled with the language and the strange food. Koloko ended up at Sierra Canyon School in Southern California, where he already had someone in his corner: his sister Stephanie.

Living with Stephanie made Koloko’s transition to life in the United States much smoother. She helped him with his English, taught him the ins and outs of American life and cooked the food he was used to back home. She also introduced him to a Southern California fast food staple, In N Out.
                        Working with Arizona strength coach Chris Rounds, Koloko has added 20 pounds to his frame since his freshman year through the weight room and a better diet.
                        https://apnews.com/article/march-mad...60abbd8b7c379f

Comment

Not to beat this silly horse to death, but since you won't let it go.... Koloko's training & food journey and Arizona's staff support might actually be the exception to your college buddies experiences. Or maybe your buddies experiences are the exception. Maybe it's the US AAU guys. Koloko made a conscious decision to leave his homeland and come to a new country. He was also late starting basketball. He was probably more inclined to take training and nutrition seriously early on, as opposed to a guy like Zion.

https://apnews.com/article/march-mad...60abbd8b7c379f
                          Nothing you posted here contradicts what I've been saying the whole time.

He was eating In N Out burger when he got to USA, so junk food.

His diet improved at Arizona, which is not difficult going from Africa and In n Out burger. I'm also not surprised he put on 20lbs between the ages of 19 to 22, most men do put on weight during those years regardless what they eat, and he was coming in a likely malnourished string bean from Africa (check videos of him in Africa if you want proof).

I've got no qualms with saying his diet improved from Africa and In n Out burger to what he ate at Arizona, but the amount his diet will improve from college food to NBA personal nutritionist is going to be massive.

Comment

• The Raps have a chef at OVO, so he’ll be getting decent food there at least.

What he does on his own time is his choice. Look at Embiid’s eating habits, or Harden’s, the NBA doesn’t mean a better diet. He’ll have guidance on what he should eat but in the end he’ll eat what he wants.

I think the Raps culture pushes players to work hard and make the right lifestyle choices.

Comment

Nothing you posted here contradicts what I've been saying the whole time.

He was eating In N Out burger when he got to USA, so junk food.

His diet improved at Arizona, which is not difficult going from Africa and In n Out burger. I'm also not surprised he put on 20lbs between the ages of 19 to 22, most men do put on weight during those years regardless what they eat, and he was coming in a likely malnourished string bean from Africa (check videos of him in Africa if you want proof).

I've got no qualms with saying his diet improved from Africa and In n Out burger to what he ate at Arizona, but the amount his diet will improve from college food to NBA personal nutritionist is going to be massive.
                              Uh, no. You're moved the goalposts here. Nobody is disagreeing that the training and nutrition improves at every level. You were implying that top tier NCAA D1 schools are sending their pro-level athletes to school cafeterias and giving them box lunches with chips as a standard. I'm just pointing out that Koloko is the exception to that, or might be the rule. Arizona Wildcats basketball program is valued at $100-200M if it was possible to the open market.

My original point is that I'd be shocked if the elite basketball & football programs don't invest some resources in the health of their meal-tickets, i.e. the "student" athletes, rather leaving them to slum it with average joe student body.

Comment

Uh, no. You're moved the goalposts here. Nobody is disagreeing that the training and nutrition improves at every level. You were implying that top tier NCAA D1 schools are sending their pro-level athletes to school cafeterias and giving them box lunches with chips as a standard. I'm just pointing out that Koloko is the exception to that, or might be the rule. Arizona Wildcats basketball program is valued at $100-200M if it was possible to the open market.

My original point is that I'd be shocked if the elite basketball & football programs don't invest some resources in the health of their meal-tickets, i.e. the "student" athletes, rather leaving them to slum it with average joe student body.
                                They are sending them to school cafeterias and box lunches. No link you posted said otherwise. They said improved his diet. Sorry if I don't find that terribly compelling as evidence they did more than what I've seen at multiple D1 USA Universities.

Here's an article from 2014 when the NCAA finally allowed student athletes to each as much as they want so they weren't starving. Clearly states they eat at the on campus facilities, e.g. the cafeterias all students eat at, as I saw with my own eyes at multiple D1 schools. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...udent-athletes

Comment

Working...
                                X